What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Regenerative Gardening - Advanced Organic Farming Methodology & Cutting Edge Practice

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
h.h What can you tell us about magnetism in plants. Any proof that water magnetisers works on seedlings of cannabis better then non magnetised water? Should we all invest in a magnetiser?

h.h.

Veteran
h.h What can you tell us about magnetism in plants. Any proof that water magnetisers works on seedlings of cannabis better then non magnetised water? Should we all invest in a magnetiser?

Great Zen factor.
Not much else.
Studies don't prove out.

Google

Paramagnetic and diamagnetic.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great Zen factor.
Not much else.
Studies don't prove out.

Google

Paramagnetic and diamagnetic.

Thanks for the heads up. I think what I will do is get a compost tea brewer going ASAP.

Currently I am steeping 1/2 a sack of shit in a 200L bin & I have some diluted worm tea @ 10-1 ratio in the 80 ltr bin.

These will be upgraded in the warmer weather to 100L IBC totes..

I need some ideas on pumps & how to brew up & administer it now.. Think I will use a can & a fine rose to do the watering but the brewing I will have to read a thread on it the ACT thread I think it was when I last was looking @ Teas.

I will get a small magnetiser for water bottles from E bay & use it on my seedlings if anything. I have loads of germinating to do & I use grade A borehole water for that not the grey water.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I managed to source some Perlite & found a farm for some Fresh Worm Castings dug from the beds with the worms still in it to kick things off so when they're delivered I shall add those to the mix. I have made a worm bin myself this past week. Need to do an upload on pics & empty my camera. Now all the dirt is cooked & rested I want to test things however I'm still waiting on a package with the testing kit so I've been busy making another mix today for my 8 planters on the Upper Terrace.

Screened RHCP Certified Peat & some perlite so far in with some landslide. I want this to be a light fluffy mix so I have chosen to use Pinebark more then the landslide & I will feed them if I need to with some of the plant food from the worm farm & again if they look like they need something else I will get some woo woo from the shop.

Not ordered any Grow Kashi yet as not sure it will survive the heat here or ordered any brewing kit as I forgot I had a few totes @ another spot & I will just brew in a 200L bin with an indoor setup to start. I have found Kelp & Crab Meal & the Neem & Cacao meal to order.

I went & got 60 more sacks of Manure & I am due another trip this week sometime :) This is Horse shit. It's clean too not got a smell to it & it's organic with great amounts of bedding (Woodchips & Straw). Some is so old it's soil the worms have processed in situ & other parts are the sludge & the newest stuff. I'm stacking it in a pile to match the compost pile I made today that is about 9-12' at the base over on another plot that I have recently cut a 500 square foot garden & put 13 ridges on it. Strimmed off the green manure & turned over the old pile & added it to last years spent peat & rootballs while cutting turves & flipping them up to get the compost started & edging the plot so I can electric fence it. I strimmed now because it's wet & will rot down without needing to be watered.

The starter pots of clover for my No till are growing well as is everything in the beds.

I've sowed the first lot of 50 cannabis seeds now & some are starting to split. It's touch & go on the evening temperatures, they fluctuate & the night day difference is extreme. It's still to early to not use a propagator, but having a lamp helps more as the photoperiod isn't great currently..

I'm waiting on my compost thermometer now, I would like to see how warm these sacks are getting cooking away.. & test my other piles. I also want to use it to see what depth the soil temps are in summer as I think the Myco's might have a hard time working in that..

Any ideas anyone if the GrowKashi will take 50c? What other issues will I have with the soil food web @ that exposure? I plan to mulch but I was curious as to the problems incurred. I will have to keep the brew in the shade as best I can & pump the water up there fresh out the Alberca or the borehole or that will be over 21c by 9am

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice work. Microbes adapt to the environment they enter or new ones take their place.
Why not make your own bokashi rather than purchase? I'll PM you a link on another forum.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will do just that. I have some kefir fermentation here. I was planning on making rice washes so I will take this a step further & Bokashi up all my kitchen waste. Thank you for the link.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time for the 1st haircut

picture.php

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How shall I use the Natto h.h?

picture.php

I drained my first homemade vermijuice other day.

Compost thermometers arrived. Cant get the pile over 30c so I will flip them tomorrow & piss onto em.

The container garden is getting the Mango Haze IBL.

Not sure what to do @ this moment in time. These pots will perhaps get the Juicy fruits when I pot them up before they go into the beds. I shall chop & top dress them with EWC & landslide in meantime..

Container garden needs some EWC mixing through it. Haze are just developing first true leafs need planting to depth of Cotyledons in a week in 3ltr pots or 5's. Not gonna sow clover in either them pots because water is not all that easy to come by in the peak of summer so I shall divide what I have grown in a bed & transplant @ the end of flowering.

Need to find a suitable pump still. Been busy trying to get these modular culture vessels & I need to mix more dirt & have it & water tested this week. Got to get the drip irrigation sorted

h.h.

Veteran
Try to stay away from the cities.

I was just doing scientific research by Google... LOL
Trying to find info on natto.
https://j-nattokinase.org/en/jnka_nattou_02.html

I used it for fermenting soy meal with some kelp mixed in, fish meal, whatnot. Let it go til it smelt pickled.
Then I spread it out for a couple days til the pickle smell went away. It then took on a fresh almost citrus smell.

Kefir was mentioned. Made me think of natto. Just another option that won't break the bank.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I washed some barley today to make a EM1 & cut them back to see if they come again :) Cool nutrient cycling. I will add some ash rock dust & EWC.

picture.php

They started to wilt so I chopped them up & watered them. Now they are mulch..

Making a worm bin again tomorrow so will put some of those in the pots when I split the bed.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
EM1 contains several species of phototrophic bacteria. It cannot be made without these. People giving recipes without this are ignorant of this.

Latest posts

Latest posts