What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY 4xRDWC Hydro

QuantumWeed

Soil still moist, pots are heavy. Installed heating mat under porpagator and removed dome bc I think it was blocking light hence the seedling's stretch, going to keep the humidity high in the box. Planted 5 seeds in jiffys soaked in lukewarm solution. Noticed I built the airpots wrong, w/ the 'wall' of the pot upside down: one side has a row w/out holes, and I figure that one needs to be on top so that when watering it doesn't flow out of the holes. Turned on the heater outside the growbox.
Gotta find some time to remove the rdwc pots from the tent and give a good clean to everything.

picture.php

picture.php

QuantumWeed

Max temp in tray: 24.8c
Min temp in tray: 18c
Max RH in tray: 89%
Min RH in tray: 43%

Max temp in growbox: 24.7c
Min temp in growbox: 17.5c
Max RH in growbox: 75%
Min RH in growbox: 44%

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

QuantumWeed

Max temp in tray: 27.1c
Min temp in tray: 19.7c
Max RH in tray: 75%
Min RH in tray: 46%

Max temp in growbox: 26c
Min temp in growbox: 19.8c
Max RH in growbox: 76%
Min RH in growbox: 50%

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

QuantumWeed

Watered the plants or I should say cold shocked them.

picture.php

Pellets veery dry eventhough I removed heat mat days ago. Sprayed a tiny bit of Clonex

picture.php

picture.php

Sprayed wet with water + soaked central column in 14.6c water and stuff.

picture.php

They all have roots like this.

picture.php

QuantumWeed

Little droopy leaves right after watering. Spraying every once and then with water + Micro, Root stim and Enzymes from Advanced Hydro.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

QuantumWeed

Since this morning:

Max temp in tray: 23.1c
Min temp in tray: 18.1c
Max RH in tray: 72%
Min RH in tray: 52%

Max temp in growbox: 20.9c
Min temp in growbox: 19.2c
Max RH in growbox: 66%
Min RH in growbox: 50%

One seedling has irregular leaves:

picture.php

Watered big plant tonight with 6.5ph 0.2ms 18c water.
Leaves adapted very nice to receive more light:

picture.php

Seedlings doing well, sprayed the pellets wet and watered pots from top.

picture.php

QuantumWeed

Repotted in 9L, love Airpots. Peat pellets dry very fast, one seedling was totally limp, soaking it in water (14c) gave life back to it.
I hope repotting it will help the big plant regain its vigor, if the problem is overwatering.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

QuantumWeed

25/1

25/1

Slightly watered the big one yesterday night as the leaves were back up. Removed the LED bulb which I don't think is necessary and was probably drying the jiffys too fast.

RH is set to 65%

picture.php

QuantumWeed

Had to transplant a stretched hemp seedling, trying smartpots too.
Big plant has recovered but the overwatering incident has slowed down growth, only gonna water from the top from now on.

picture.php

A baby is praying to the sun

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

QuantumWeed

Raised the RH back to 75%, jiffys get dry too fast, maybe I should try keeping them closer tighter together to allow less airflow. Watered the seedlings in 1lt airpots and the newly transplanted seedling in smartpot which is not looking very good. Trying to figure out nutes as it is time for the big ones.

picture.php

picture.php

QuantumWeed

Installed QB65. Lowered MH 400w now at 40cm. Watered everything with 1lt tap starting at 6.8ph 0.2ms + 2ml grow + 1ml micro + 1ml bloom + 1ml enzymes ending 6ph 1.5ms.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

QuantumWeed

Forgot the fan off and found this fog, plants seem to like it, had to raise the mh 20cm to restore the 45cm distance from top. Fan on/off 15min and RH set to 80%. Hopefully the extractor, on >24C off @ 21C, will be enough to avoid hot spots that might form during the 15min the fan is off. Also pointed the fan at the two big plants only.

picture.php

picture.php

QuantumWeed

Removed the rdwc sys to which I have to do some adjustments. Gonna use the 70lt tank to automate irrigation in pots.

picture.php

Seedlings' roots are digging the high humidity levels.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php