What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

buzzmobile

Veteran
I got a boomerang. My sister cooked Sauerbraten and Colcannon and we laughed and ate and drank and smoked.

It has been a good Christmas.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Evening all. Trimmed again today. Jackie O this time. Hard to trim...leafy and larfy. Bad combination. Only an average yield but tasty....will run her again.

Interesting story Miner. My only claim to fame is....was at the US Olympic Boxing finals in Vegas years ago. Got to meet many future world champions. The best was Mike Tyson. He invited me and the wife to his dressing room before he fought Henry Tilman and lost. Never went to the Olympics. Got his autograph. Saw him after the fight and told him he got screwed in the decision. He put his arm around me and thanked me....

Cold as all get out here with wind. Tomorrow will be the same. Another indoor day. Yuk.....

Sitting here smoking some Sweet Tooth #3 and sipping on vodka....life is good...

Mr.Miner

^ Cool story, thanks for sharing that.
I got the day off today, thank goodness. I got to sleep in today and it felt amazing. Being free of any alarm clocks, or any clocks at all, is fucking amazing.
Headed to the city tonight to see a concert at MSG.
Rainy, warm, and cloudy this morning. Feels just about right.

buzzmobile

Veteran
^ Cool story, thanks for sharing that.
I got the day off today, thank goodness. I got to sleep in today and it felt amazing. Being free of any alarm clocks, or any clocks at all, is fucking amazing.

It gets even better in retirement.:dance013::woohoo:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Good morning....good morning....good morning.....last weekend of 2018. 4f at sun up today. Went out to fill the bird feeders and almost froze my ass off. Up to a sweltering 8 above 0 right now. Might get up to freezing later. Did I mention I don't like winter anymore. Ready for spring.

Gonna be a day of sports for me today. College football and some basket ball mixed in. Even the local NBA team is playing tonight. Will be close to the fire and enjoy.

Thinking the garden doesn't need much of anything. Moving Jackie O out of the sacks into jars and taking a Sweet Tooth out of a flower into 48 hrs of darkness before harvest on Monday. That should take about 15 minutes and done....I hope.

You are right about retirement buzz. I don't and haven't worn a watch in 10 years now and don't remember where and when the alarm clock disappeared from the dresser. Don't remember what it was like being in the work force....no matter I am worthless anyway.

Lights are coming on in 15 minutes....need to go and flip the ST before they come on.....later

St. Phatty

Thinking the garden doesn't need much of anything. Moving Jackie O out of the sacks into jars and taking a Sweet Tooth out of a flower into 48 hrs of darkness before harvest on Monday. That should take about 15 minutes and done....I hope.

Does the darkness help the resin production ?

I cut the tarps for the annual changing of the tarps (that cover the skylights) ... but don't feel like going up on the roof today.

7thson

Good morning....good morning....good morning.....last weekend of 2018. 4f at sun up today. Went out to fill the bird feeders and almost froze my ass off. Up to a sweltering 8 above 0 right now. Might get up to freezing later. Did I mention I don't like winter anymore. Ready for spring.

Gonna be a day of sports for me today. College football and some basket ball mixed in. Even the local NBA team is playing tonight. Will be close to the fire and enjoy.

You are right about retirement buzz. I don't and haven't worn a watch in 10 years now and don't remember where and when the alarm clock disappeared from the dresser. Don't remember what it was like being in the work force....no matter I am worthless anyway.

Lights are coming on in 15 minutes....need to go and flip the ST before they come on.....later

What,no hockey?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I'm back. Like I said 15 minutes and done.....ahhhhh....NO!! Ended up pruning the next round of Jackie O. Both that and Sweet Tooth are leafy little bitches. I have to prune them twice a week or they look like a Viet Nam jungle. Ended up being down there for over and hour.

@ Phatty....48 hours of total darkness helps trichome production.

@ 7thson. Sorry Hockey isn't my game. I used to have season tickets to the Avalanche. 8 rows up behind the goal when Patrick Roy played for them. Great team back then. Ticket prices were ridiculous and have gotten worse. I didn't renew the 3rd year and have lost interest. I will watch some of the Jr Hockey especially if the US and Canada play for the gold.

As a matter of fact I don't go to any of the games anymore no matter what sport. I went to one Rockies game last summer....tickets were on the club level and were comped to me. I have had Bronco, Nuggets and like I said Avalanche season tickets over the years....plus tons of Rockies, Colo St and Colo Buffs foot ball games.

It has just gotten easier to stay home and watch on the tube. Beer is cheaper and the bath room is right down the hall. Also, no traffic and don't have to go downtown...like a war zone with so many people moving into this state.

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all....guess I mean afternoon all. Everybody must have slept in today. I know it's Sunday but gezz....

Was hoping for some good football in the Championship semis...Not. Clemson blew out N Dame and Alabama ruled OK. Makings of a good final next week but yesterday was worse than watching paint dry. Denver Nuggets won back to back games on the road so that was worth it. After years of being a doormat in the NBA the home team is looking pretty good.

NFL's final game of the regular season is today. I'm glad....the once Mighty Broncos have struck out....AGAIN.

Nice day between two cold fronts. Never got above freezing the last couple of days and we are right back in the ice box tomorrow. The weather man is calling for snow. We need it. However, I am ready to go fishing....enough winter.

Getting ready to take the dog out for a walk. WAKE UP EVERYBODY!!!!!

packerfan79

Veteran
No sleeping in here. Spent the day sledding with the kids. My ass is mostly frozen. Time for a glass of crown royal to warm up

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
No sleeping in here. Spent the day sledding with the kids. My ass is mostly frozen. Time for a glass of crown royal to warm up

Crown used to be my drink of choice. Unfortunately, brown whiskey upsets my stomach anymore. I had to switch to vodka. Stomach handles it fine. Still have dozens of little purple bags.

Hope you had fun sledding. Bet the kids did while you drug the sled back up the hill.

packerfan79

Veteran
Crown used to be my drink of choice. Unfortunately, brown whiskey upsets my stomach anymore. I had to switch to vodka. Stomach handles it fine. Still have dozens of little purple bags.

Hope you had fun sledding. Bet the kids did while you drug the sled back up the hill.

It's all fun, cold but fun. It's our New Year's Tradition to spend the holiday in the mountains.

St. Phatty

We get 70 minutes of Sun today !!!

Made it through the "Dark Side of the Moon" no sun days, now the days get longer every day.

Caring for my birds a little too much, need to return them to outdoor living. But hate to wake up to find another flock reduction, already lost 2/3 of them over the summer.

EsterEssence

Veteran
This week makes 30 years ago I bought this house, they are saying rain and snow today. I spent a few years living in Nepal, but kept the house and I"m glad I did, it's only 50 bucks a month for taxes, that's hard to beat this day and age...

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning gang. Snow and cold today. Predicted high of 19f. Probably gonna have to fire up the snow blower later today.

Heavy day in the garden. Flushing two and everybody else gets fed. That should keep me jumping this morning.

Daughter and SIL are coming over tonight to celebrate the New Year. Will be up playing 9-ball till midnight like many nights before. Should be a good time.

@ Phatty....damn you really are deprived of the sun. I bet you really look forward to the longer more sunny days. I guess you get used to it. I don't like the shorter days but it becomes the norm after a while. Does make me look forward to the spring though.

@ Ester. I have lived in my current house for 24 years now. Property taxes are just a bit higher here though. $4,000 a year.....$1200 a year on my cabin in the mountains. Both are paid off but the taxes and up keep sure will take a bite out of your back pocket.

Lights just popped on...off to the salt mine.....

buzzmobile

Veteran
Just under $500 per year property tax in the rural confines here. We have been in our home for 26 years. Just cold enough for just long enough and just hot enough to wish it was cold enough.

I plan to leave from here feet first. Lights will be coming on in about 6 minutes. Listen for the "Thunk".

Mr.Miner

Good morning all and Happy New Year!
Headed out to work in a few. Fortunately I only have a half day so once I get the kitchen all straightened out and orderly I am slacking my ass off. It is New Year's Day, afterall.

Then I am continuing the hunt for a new used car. I have the make/model/style down so now I just gotta find my little cherry. I love, love, love to drive so this is a big one for me.

Looking at a few 2014-2017 Mazda 6 Grand Touring's this week.

Hope everyone has an amazing New Year filled with hope and abundance!