What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RDWC GG#4 & Lemon Skunk

Hydro8

I harvested the tent today. I was going to let the GG#4 go another week but when I cut the trellis it collapsed.

The GG#4 has not been very impressive so far. It took a while to veg and was a rather weak plant over all. It has a very sour funky smell almost like diesel fuel. On the GG#4 thread some of the guys said it is probably a S1 by the way it vegged without stretching. I hope the high from the GG#4 is good and makes up for the funky plant.

The Lemon Skunk turned out nice. It got some nice shades of purple in the last week. The smell is amazing ..! I think it is the nicest smelling plant I have ever grown or smelled.

A pic of the Las Vegas Lemon Skunk after 1 day in the dry tent.

picture.php

T

Tarus Bulbar

Awesome work Hydro8!

That's some amazing looking buds!!
Cheers

Hydro8

Harvest Report

Harvest Report

Got done harvesting and trimming the buds are curing in jars now. I remember why I only like to harvest 1 or 2 plants at a time, trimming can be a chore.

picture.php

-- Lemon Skunk

High- 8 out of 10 Your average nice Skunk high reminds me of most of the good Skunk #1 I have smoked.

Smell & Flavor- 10+ Amazing Smell ! Sweet lemon and dank cannabis smell so nice. The flavor is amazing also nice sweet lemon taste, this stuff is great out of the vaporizer.

Bag Appeal- 9 The buds look nice, sparkly kindness. Great tints of green nice hairs. Nice solid nugs

Yield-
A+ Grade Flower 149g – 5.3 oz
B Grade Flower 41g – 1.5oz

Lots of very crystal coated larf buds(haven't weight it yet).. their will be some nice keif out of this !

All in all I loved growing this plant. Very strong grower, good yield, great smoke.

picture.php

--GG#4

High- 9.5 out of 10 Love the high from this ..! Very comfortable, calm, clean and clear. It is not spectacular or uplifting but it is a great nice pleasant high, I have a feeling this on will be on my top 5 strains for a while. Very pleased.

Smell & Flavor- 7.5 Smells like lemon peels, very sour, a mild diesel like sent. Taste decent reminds me of lemon peal or lemon grass tea. It is growing on me might move up to a 8.

Bag Appeal-
5 The crystals are small and the buds are not that impressive looking. I would not grow this strain for commercial purposes. It was a PINTA to trim, lots of small leaves around the buds.

Yield-
A+ Grade Flower 103g – 3.8oz
B Grade Flower 41g – 1.5oz

I am happy with the end results for personal head stash, but would probably not grow GG#4 again. the plant was flimsy, slow veg, PINTA to trim. But.. the high is nice !

Hydro8

I decided to upgrade my kief screens. I bought some 120 and 80 silk screen mesh and a couple of buckets with lids for frames.

picture.php

After a beer and a little handy work I have some pretty solid frames. I will see how they work in the next couple of days.

picture.php

TheBlaze

Nice report on the end product. I'm fucken sold on the Lemon Skunk. I hope my lemon zkittle turns out as nice. They have that smell you were talking about, and they look very skunk dominant.

Enjoy bud.

Hydro8

Nice report on the end product. I'm fucken sold on the Lemon Skunk. I hope my lemon zkittle turns out as nice. They have that smell you were talking about, and they look very skunk dominant.

Enjoy bud.

Thanks Blaze.

-----------

I ran the larf buds and trim tru the screens, they work very well. The keif tastes great.. ! The sweet lemon taste is even stronger and mixes well with the hash taste.

picture.php

picture.php

Hydro8

Follow up smoke, cure and keif report. The buds have been curing in jars for about 6-7 weeks.

Lemon Skunk
cured well very nice dank smell, great bag appeal and solid high.

GG#4 has cured very nice. It has got a nice mature sour, skunky, lemony nose. Everyone like this stuff and asks for more. Extremely pleasant high.

I weighed out the keif the other day.

Lemon Skunk, the larf buds were packed with crystals..!
Larf 106g - Trim 54g
Kief - 22g

GG#, crystals were small and thin,not the most powerful plant in the crystal production.
Larf - 36g - Trim – 21g
Kief – 2.5g