What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goats' Grows

Goats

thanks guys!

Bmac - my shitty phone is making the area below the canopy look a lot darker than it actually was. that said they will get a stripping in the next couple weeks which will get a lot more light down there.

looking into getting a 25 plant license +4 rec would give me 29 plants. partner only wants to flower the legal 4 right now so getting the license will let me flower 9 per run instead of 4. more variety and faster turnaround.

Goats

day 21

pumped the res and cleaned everything today. refilled with ~500ppm of megacrop and dripclean. runoff is still lower than what is going in, so i am confident we can avoid any salt buildup.

it's a jungle in there. flowers are forming and i hope the stretching is done.

picture.php

the urb seems to have my roots exploding this round. they're getting a weekly root drench between feedings. there are roots through the pots all over and the surface of the coco has them reaching for the drippers. this is what i wanted to see.

picture.php

also reset some moms. gonna do a seed run next so just preserving some stuff. gg4, memberberry, hindu kush. also have a citradelic sunset in there that i am flowering right now. if it's good i will hang onto it. was watching the friend who gave it to me's garden while he was on vacation and his plants are at ~week 8 and that plant looks and smells amazing. very ghost train haze as i remember it in amsterdam. excited for this one.
the last one is a gelatOG that the jury is still out on. waiting for the friend who gave it to me to flower it and see if it's worth running.

picture.php

Goats

got a new toy to play with recently from the girlfriend.

it's a little desktop rosin press. i laughed at first, but it actually squishes out really nice rosin. you can only squish a max of 2g at a time, but i've been loving squishing fresh dabs right at my desk.

the memberberry rosin is a real treat. has a sharp red wine taste to start and then goes to a sweet grape. my memberberry flower didn't last long after getting the press :biggrin:

ordered some screens as well as i intend to mess around with squishing kief/hash. i have a couple harvests worth of trim sitting in the freezer that needs to be processed.

picture.php

gg4 squish
picture.php

DunHav`nFun

Plants are healthy Bro......Got a sample of megacrop few weeks back , gonna give it a whirl next couple runs.....Are you liking the drippers over the flood and drain Resinryder showed you ?.....I made a post in SG`s thread about back in the day coco recirculating was a big no Bueno …..till dripclean came on the scene that is....

Are you reusing juice or DTW now......regardless , the plants are doin what theyre supposed to do if runoff ppms are lower than input......anyways......Keep up the good work and oh......almost forgot.....Hook an old fart up on that lil squishy thang.....that`s cool......been on the fence about rosin and dabbin but with somethin like that I could do small batches no problem....Thanks for your time and...….

Peace.....DHF....:ying: …..

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Hey bud, you going to use that Megacrop the whole way through, or do you have some other supplements you are going to add in flower? It seems to be a great veg nutrient, but a bit lacking in flower. Too much nitrogen and some need to add magnesium sulfate...

That little rosin press is dope. I bet if you put bubble hash in it, it would be awesome!

Goats

Plants are healthy Bro......Got a sample of megacrop few weeks back , gonna give it a whirl next couple runs.....Are you liking the drippers over the flood and drain Resinryder showed you ?.....I made a post in SG`s thread about back in the day coco recirculating was a big no Bueno …..till dripclean came on the scene that is....

Are you reusing juice or DTW now......regardless , the plants are doin what theyre supposed to do if runoff ppms are lower than input......anyways......Keep up the good work and oh......almost forgot.....Hook an old fart up on that lil squishy thang.....that`s cool......been on the fence about rosin and dabbin but with somethin like that I could do small batches no problem....Thanks for your time and...….

Peace.....DHF....:ying: …..

thanks DHF. i am liking the megacrop. it's cheap, simple and effective. they also ship in canada using amazon so i get my order within a day or two.
we switched from recirculating flood and drain to drip DTW. it wasn't so much that i thought the flood and drain was bad, but i wanted to give drip DTW a try. i do think there is something to being 100% sure that your plants are getting the exact same thing every time you feed. in a recirculating system the plants are pulling things out and leaving others, throwing the balance of nutrients in the reservoir off, if only by a little.
if you keep up on your weekly 'flushes' in coco flood and drain, and change your nutrients out regularly, things stay happy in my experience. RR was a lot of help to me when i was first dipping my toes in flood and drain. he was the one who said he puts water through his pots from the tops/sides every week to 'reset' his medium. i learned quickly that that was good advice. less is more when it comes to nutrients with flood and drain also. the same goes for drip DTW in my brief experience.
on the topic of dripclean, i am using it for the first time so i can't say one way or another if it's doing it's job. i can say that none of my drippers have clogged once despite not having a filter bag around my pump. i do plan to get one...

@ReikoX - i am using it start to finish alone unless they ask for mag, in which case i just add some epsom or do am epsom foliar.
they released a new formula at the start of this year to alter the NPK to have more P and K for flower. i'll paste the quote below.

"So, some people were noticing Magnesium issues with the older formula, depending on strain/lighting/medium, beyond what we initially anticipated. So, with the new upgraded MEGA CROP, it has more Magnesium (and chelated Calcium) which should greatly reduce anyones need to add CalMag supplements.

Also, the other issue people had was too much N for flowering, so we boosted the PK, and did not boost the N. So, its the equivalent of having a PK boosted added into the new formula, so it performs better in Bloom/Flower without needing anything else."

i have their PK booster but haven't decided if i am going to use it this run or not. urb claims to allow you to reduce your nutrients by 15-20%, so i am putting that to the test and kind of interested in seeing how things go running at a low concentration. without a doubt, if the plants start to complain i will make changes.

DunHav`nFun

Ok.....On the subject of dripclean…...Way back when it came on the market , by accidental overdose it was found that by using .1 ml per gal compared to H&G`s dosage of .04 ml per gal to clean drippers and tubing , that not only was equipment kept pristine but with it`s "ionic properties" of latching onto excess juice , the coco was completely purged of any hint of residual salt buildup that DTW with at LEAST 15% runoff to prevent said salt buildup had been the norm for several yrs.....

Said runoff equaled 1000`s of dollars PER RUN down the drain in unused nutes just wasted when runnin 1000`s of plants , so when I say that everything old is new again and there is nothin new under the sun....I stood corrected.....Dripclean is 1 of the few products put in play that changed commercial growing for profit cuz believe me when I say......9-10 growers moved from fast hydro to DTW coco when it was found that multiple feeds per day in smaller containers produced hydro like yields without all the bells and whistles needed previously chasin gpw`s…..but.....

Later it was found that with the onset of pressure compensating emitters that .1 ml was necessary to prevent salt buildup in the tinier openings , so now H&G`s recommended dosage has been upped to .1 ml per gal which actually helps new growers from the get , so win win......aight.....nuff outta my old ass this day , gotta go check my crab traps and rebait with frozen hawg hoofs.....lol....pigs feet for the city boys.....almost forgot....

Where to get that lil mini squisher Bro.....Is it available online ?…..Thanks and....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …….

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
With the drip clean I'm running 15ml to 40 gallons. It's weird when I dump it in the res it almost has a chalky look to it like how the gh pH up does... I too am curious about this squisher. I e never tired rosin but if it's as easy as squishing some nug or bubble hash then I'll give it a go. Ive got a bunch of cookie/cake/2.0 trim to either hash or wax or????

DunHav`nFun

With the drip clean I'm running 15ml to 40 gallons. It's weird when I dump it in the res it almost has a chalky look to it like how the gh pH up does... I too am curious about this squisher. I e never tired rosin but if it's as easy as squishing some nug or bubble hash then I'll give it a go. Ive got a bunch of cookie/cake/2.0 trim to either hash or wax or????
You caught my eye before walkin the dawg down my pier SG.....15 ml per 40 gal is a bunch by my stoned old ass calculations , but maybe I`m wrong ?.....anyways.....

I thought it was 1 ml per 10 gals that comes to 4 ml per 40 gals , but WTF do I know......if it`s workin for yas that`s all that matters in my book.....anyways.....Goats.....want me that lil squisher thingy my brother.....lol.....Ya`ll take care....and....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …...

Goats

yeah, i add it at 15ml/40g as well. just a hair under their recommended.

it's tough to say how much of the success so far this run is based more on the dripclean, or a combination of fixing all of the issues below

pots too big, roots too small - when transplanted into the 3g pots, the plants were pretty root bound and i didn't break them up at all so they never filled the new pots

no bennies - after transplant i didn't use any kind of beneficial product. this round i use a weekly root drench with urb

too many feeds/day - i stopped paying attention to runoff PPM after they had been low for so long and didn't notice that they started climbing in flower when the extra feed was added.

plants sometimes sitting in runoff - my partner is a lazy bastard and sometimes didn't empty the runoff bucket often enough, causing the flood table to back up and plants to sit in that water...

no dripclean - added this run. chart says 0.4ml/g.

overall things seem to be chugging along nicely, but we'll see how this run finishes.

i am loving this little rosin press. it is definitely just for 'at the desk' squishing and dabbing, but that is exactly what i wanted. i have a feeling a lot of my next harvest will go through it :biggrin:

Goats

Hey bud, you going to use that Megacrop the whole way through, or do you have some other supplements you are going to add in flower? It seems to be a great veg nutrient, but a bit lacking in flower. Too much nitrogen and some need to add magnesium sulfate...

That little rosin press is dope. I bet if you put bubble hash in it, it would be awesome!

so, looks like greenleaf made changes recently. i'll have to grab a bag and give it a go. still have half of the bag i am using left to finish first.

picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I don't check my runoff very often. Just check EC at res fill and at about 20 gallons and at change. pH doesn't really swing but I am adding pbp every 3 to 4 days it seems at 50ml. I have been using bio rhizo from canna for the first res fill until it's empty...about 15 20 days. By recirculating drip I'm not going through nutrients as fast as I was with rockwool f&d with 10 day res changes.

Goats

4.5 weeks

the plants are so huge it's tough to get pictures of the back two so i just have to put my hand in and hope for the best haha.

things are going well. plants are a bit taller than i would have liked, but they're healthy and happy. have a cola growing into my ducting and a few that have windburned pistils, but it is what it is.

ppm going in is ~450 and coming out is just below that. i think the system we're using is working out. still need to figure out a better solution for draining waste water, but it's working for now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

U

useless.gardens

plants too tall ?
OR a perfect use of vert space ?

i say, everything looks very excellent maximus !!!!

how you like that lamp?

Bmac1

Veteran
Looking great goats. I picture Welcome To The Jungle blaring while you fill the rez.

Goats

plants too tall ?
OR a perfect use of vert space ?

i say, everything looks very excellent maximus !!!!

how you like that lamp?

the tent is definitely being fully used! 40g reservoir, flood table and 4 x 5+ft plants! i just wish i had another 6 inches between a few tops and the lights, but if nothing goes wrong it will be a big harvest.

this light has done me well since i got it a couple years ago. it tops out at 620w which is more than i need for my 16 sq ft, so i run it lower for less heat and better efficiency. it's an HLG i got through growerslights.com. it was expensive and if i was gonna get one now i would probably just go the alibaba route. worse warranty, but half the price for the same hardware. i figure tech moves so quickly, i would probably be onto something else before it breaks.

still interested in giving a 630 CMH a go as well. may pick one up at some point for the winter.

U

useless.gardens

i think a 600w for a 4x4 is too much... good in the winter though :)

nobody likes the ol hps anymore? they say "once vagina goes out of style". i mean, when in rome. or?
i love the 400w & an adjusta-wing.

315w cmh just a touch small for a 4x4 but maybe not growing like you do !

Goats

GG4 earlier this afternoon. a month to go.

picture.php

gonna run 8 plants next round instead of 4. have some fem seeds that i will be popping sometime in the next week or so. i plan to pop 3 of each and keep the nicest 8 if they all come up. i have a friend who'll be happy to take the extra if there is one.

fruity pebbles OG x animal cookies
GMO x adub
GG4 x wedding cake

gonna have to add a T splitter to each drip line so i can still send 2 lines to each plant. will be downsizing from 2g to 1g fabric pots. figure i'll top them once and flip.