What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bedroom Perpetual Tent Setup (Stealth)

Dr Herb

Hello fellow growers,

I am attempting to setup a perpetual bedroom tent grow room.

Problems:

1) I'm in a townhouse and must keep noise as minimum as possible
2) Our government doesn't agree with what I'm doing so stealth is important
3) Minimising fan noise limits the amount of tents I can have.

Solutions:
1) To maximise noise reduction I will use 1 larger tent for flower, and swap out half each month
2) Stealth requires heat to leave during the day in case helicopters see fountains at night. Trips to the store are in a different vehicle. Power is minimised using 1 x 400 watt led for veg, flower 1 x 600 watt led on one side, 1 x 600 watt HID on the other side.
3) 1 large tent for flower, one small home box vista medium tent for veg, cloning, seeds.

The flowering tent will be equiped with silencing fan 980m3/ph + acoustic ducting.

Veg tent fan is loud.

Does anyone have any experience doing something similar? A bedroom perpetual grow under stealth concerns?

russej05

Hey Dr. Herb hope someone get back with you soon with some good advice. the setup that you are doing i was thinking of something similar. i haven't got my 600's yet.

Muleskinner

Veteran
I grew in townhouses for years. I generally kept it a little smaller - maxing out with a 4X4 tent with a 600w HPS. Used a Fantech FG6 6-inch fan and Can 33 filter, the fan noise could not be heard through walls or anything. I don't think a 400 or 600w in a tent inside a room is going to look that bad on FLIR. Get a quality centrifugal fan to keep noise down.