What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

900w LED flower cabinet v2.0 build.

So, this started out as me building a mother cabinet, in order to keep the first cabinet rotating. That went out the window and it's now a big flower area. I will be installing 2 viparspectra 450's and an Apollo Horticulture 6" fan and filter in this sucka and it's really getting me excited! Especially seeing my buddy standing in it (mind you he's only 5'7", but still that's not bad for a cabinet).

The cabinet is a closet maid from home depot. Ext. dimensions are 20.5"x48"x72". The OEM bottoms are made out of shite "wood" and warp horribly, even when it is mounted on the floor (which is what I did on my last cabinet.. I'm already plotting rebuilding it). Over the last two days I ,made the 2x4 frames for the top and bottom, drilled the pilot holes and cut the holes for the intake and exhaust vents in the plywood back (OEM has a cardboard back that won't do..).

I put screws every 4" on the back, and just about everywhere that the frame touched along the outsides. The screws holding the frame in are 2 1/2" and the ones holding the on the back and attaching the frame in the 1 1/2" areas are 1 1/4". It's pretty sturdy right now (and will be even sturdier, when I can install the vertical bracing after its first harvest (it's scrogged and the scrog frame wont allow enough room to fit)

That's it for today.. I feel like I'm probably missing all kinds If things here.. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free! Thanks for checking out the thread and I hope that you guys like it as much as I do!

Thought I'd post an update now that I've got some stuff done.. As of now, I am waiting on a buddy to show up, so we can go run and grab so e ducting and get on with the day. Here's a couple of pics with the temporary pair of 300's in the cabinet and no ducting, but you get the idea. I'll snap some more today, after we get everything swapped over and it's completely functioning, along with a little more detailed of a write up.

Finished!!!! Woke up this morning and went and got a new hinge and installed the lost 6" ducting that was in my other cabine the entire time. Got the 6 plants, in scrog, transferred into it and put the 2 450's in. I love love loveeeeeee all of the space in there! So here is some if the info on the cabinet it's self. The cab's power cord is a 10' 14 ga. And runs to a industrial 15 amp outlet. The intake light traps are 10x4 and once again, I forgot to take pics of the way it goes together, but they work great! The fan and filter barely fit, but they go in there and it's actually about as quiet as my 4" setup in the first cabinet.

Here she is in all her glory!

Here is how the first cabinet sits now, with the 2 300's and the 4" fan and filter.

Pineapple Kush looking beautiful.. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!!!

Mr Jay

Veteran
Nice clean build FF! This is exactly what I had in mind including the closet maid and viparspectras. Guess using the search function works;)

Do you find the 6" fan to be overkill for the cab?

How far above ambient do you run?

Any updates?

Floridian

Veteran
Really nice Franklin,good healthy appearing plants too.It freaks me out to see the shallowness of those LED fixtures!Looks like a winning plan to me.I really never could understand why anyone would want to grow in a cabinet sitting in a room but grows like this are making me understand better

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I will be installing 2 viparspectra 450's The cabinet is a closet maid from home depot. Ext. dimensions are 20.5"x48"x72". !

how do u feel about these vipar's ?? I have '3' 300watter in a 4ftx3.5ft tent with only '2' plants, and the growth rate sucks- even added a 8bulb 4ft fluor, and growth is lousy...