What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud Rot issues

303Medical

Hi all,

At harvest, I noticed my pre-98 bubba kush had some mold on some of the top colas. I pushed it to over 60 days outdoor so I guess I deserved it. :cry:

Anyways, I inspected and chopped off all the tops with mold and tossed em, what now?

Is the whole plant fucked? Assuming there's no visible mold on any nugs now, is it safe to consume? I use a volcano as my only means to consume if that changes anything...

I've read that it's pretty harmless to smoke affected buds, just tastes like crap. I'd chop it out unless there's spotting on each bud then I'd turn the whole plant in to hash, there are ways to filter out the spores. I had some trouble with this on a couple outdoor plants in Denver this year as well, just on a few tops though.

if there was no visible mold on the buds that you kept then it should be safe to smoke. make sure you break em open before you smoke in case you missed some. it starts at the stem and works it's way out. if the stem and bud inside are brown or gray. don't smoke it.

Latest posts

Latest posts