What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Sci organic supersoil

What's goin on everyone,
Currently growing my first crop using coco and canna nutes. Everything is looking good but it was a rather expensive investment.

I talk with my local hydro store guy quite frequently and he reccomended a "just add water" supersoil called Sensi SCI by Roots Organic. Said the quality is fantastic but your yields will suffer a bit. It's 40 dollars a bag and a bag will last two plants all the way through. I've done some research and all I could find was hashtags on Instagram (search Sensisci under the hastags tab in Instagram and you will see some photos of people who have grown with it.)

Has anyone here used this product or know someone who has? Im very novice to growing in general and organic is what I'm eventually moving towards once I get my feet under me. just want to figure out a super soil or organic nutrient regimen that is quality (GH, nectar of the gods??)I haven't done to much research and I know there are many other organic lines but im not to familiar with many of them

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
haven't tried it ,prob wont either... theres a lot of soil mix recipes here..you prob could order from buildasoil and make your own with coots mix or similar cheaper...yeehaw

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
$40 a bag! wow. those better be 3.8 cuft bales!

ya supersoil is pretty easy to make check out burn1's recipe in the organics for beginner's sticky that will save you a lot of money at the very least, and you can buy everything at home depot or the garden center where they tend to rip you off slightly less than the hydro store.

what kinda lights are you running? if you're under a 400 and you wanna try a water only organic soil but without the work just get a bag of FFOF or the original roots organic and resist the urge to feed. just give water. you'll get an idea of what organic buds are like even if your yield is relatively low.

a lot of folks have moved from a blood and bone meal based super soil type mix to a mineralized coots style mix as mr. trout mentioned. they are cheaper and easier to recycle/no till. if you are feeling motivated i'd recommend going in that direction.

Thanks for the info heady, I'm running 1000 watts in a 4x4 tent with1 gal then 5 gal smart pots, so you would suggest just purchasing all the materials and mixing myself? I don't feel to confident in doing that but with a look at that thread I'm sure it could be done easily...any idea how much it would cost to brew my own supersoil? Why don't more people do this instead of buying a companies supersoil?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
I started a Super Soil grow a few weeks back. Nice happy plants but I have to admit the growth rate is nothing like the Hempy Buckets Ive been using for a few years.
I bought a pre mixed bag of amendments on ebay. Once you mix you base soil and worm castings you add one scoop (provided) per gallon of soil. Easy peasy and you dont have to hunt down and buy several different bags.
I bought a bag that made 60 gallons of soil and also purchased 9 bags of potting mix. Had my own worm castings. Total cost came out to about $2.00 a gallon.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the info heady, I'm running 1000 watts in a 4x4 tent with1 gal then 5 gal smart pots, so you would suggest just purchasing all the materials and mixing myself? I don't feel to confident in doing that but with a look at that thread I'm sure it could be done easily...any idea how much it would cost to brew my own supersoil? Why don't more people do this instead of buying a companies supersoil?

We do?

Avoid BAS unless you like smoking money. Nurseries and farm/feed stores carry everything you'll need, though it can be convenient to find a meal mixture like Epsoma (US) or EasyBake (Canada), as Ahab mentioned.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
BAS is good people but yea they have to charge an arm and a leg to ship all that heavy shit to you.

my experience with jeremy tho is he is really cool---not trying to scam anyone. i called him up when designing the soil mix to price having everything mixed up for me and shipped. it was crazy expensive and he was straight up like "yea you'll definitely want to source as much of this stuff as possible locally." i kinda knew i'd have to but i wanted to show some support for the biz.

i got a soft spot for IC fam and he was around when i was a newb. dude's just providing a much needed service for well intentioned but lazy newbs.

honestly i'd love to open a brick and mortar version for maine growers who wanna make the switch but don't have the time/interest in doing the research and puttin in the work. maybe in a couple years...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
True enough and I'm a little biased after the whole Team Microbe nonsense. It would be interesting to know how involved Jeremy was with that mook. Treading dangerous ground here ;)

Organicgro

Used sensi for the last year....I won't use anything else...it's phenomenal. And what the guy at your hydro said about yields coming down is false...I was running rock nutrients before and with 2 1000 watt bulbs averaged 4 to 6 ounces per plant running 10 plants....switched to sensi and I now pull anywhere from 10 to 14 ounces a plant....not to mention all you do is add tap water and you don't even need to ph it...well worth the 40 a bag and no headache of mixing your own nutrients and soil...I recommend it to everyone

Scrappy4

Veteran
Used sensi for the last year....I won't use anything else...it's phenomenal. And what the guy at your hydro said about yields coming down is false...I was running rock nutrients before and with 2 1000 watt bulbs averaged 4 to 6 ounces per plant running 10 plants....switched to sensi and I now pull anywhere from 10 to 14 ounces a plant....not to mention all you do is add tap water and you don't even need to ph it...well worth the 40 a bag and no headache of mixing your own nutrients and soil...I recommend it to everyone

So your first post is an add?

Organicgro

Not at all man...I have nothing g to do with the company....found the website today...scrolling through the threads and saw this one...seeing as no one on here has used the stuff I figure I would tell you my opinion on it...all I am doing is recommending it because he asked...does anyone recommend it..don't be a troll

chronosync

Well-stoned member
oh man. no offence Organicgro, theres been a few new people on here doing some funny biz. writing up posts like reverse psychology marketing stuff... no one likes it. got some members on edge maybe, good reason tho, this site is great, we dont need more garbage chintzing up the place :)

Organicgro

Fer sure I get it. But yah I'm definately not affiliated with any company...just a small home grower.. I'm just one of those people who when they like a product they recommend it...and I love sensi and figured I'd share my experience using it

kristen.mccread

Worst soil I have tried

Worst soil I have tried

I purchased this soil and kept it in my yard for a couple months and by the time I opened it up it was full of full grown plants! The plants had come from sprouted seeds that were in the soil when I purchased it as the bags had been sealed the whole time I owned them. I can understand the soil not being as good from sitting for a few months but there is no reason for there to be seeds from weeds. The company blamed my treatment of the soil as if I put the seeds in there myself. My argument is that the seeds would have sprouted even if I used the soil right away. I would not recommend this soil to anyone who values their plants.