What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

greenhouse '?'

420stoner

i have a question. i want to build a greenhouse but im having trouble finding some good films or other types of sheets that let in enough light without able to see inside the greenhouse? & where can i get them at? i live in colorado so the closer i can get or order the stuff the better! so i can grow my cannabis plants? thankz for the replys!:tiphat:

Mr. Stinky

the "clear" sheeting at home depot isnt an option as a covering for more than 2 months. the sunlight makes it very brittle and it will shred about month 3.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Farmtek.com sells lots of different GH covers, lasting from 2 years to ten. Pick your duiration and price!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
the "clear" sheeting at home depot isnt an option as a covering for more than 2 months. the sunlight makes it very brittle and it will shred about month 3.

Really?? We have been using the Translucent White for years out in the Desert-- It holds up for about 2 years before it starts discoloring--
I was going to try the Clear at my house...but ended up getting the other-- I didn't even think it might have an issue with deterioration...thanks for the tip!! :tiphat:

K

kannubis

Mr. Stinky, are you talking about the rolls of 6mil clear plastic or the corrugated panels? I get about 2 1/2 months out of the roll stuff before its toast.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I used thick ass 6 mil clear (to reduce visibility but retain some light inside) from Home Depot.

I even did a double layer over the top as my plants got a lil close and I felt the visibility was a bit much. Lots of helicopters that year.

the material held up just fine, not primo at the end, but enough to get thru a harvest.

Mr. Stinky

ya the rolls of the clear. its perfect amount of opaque, but the uv kills it in a couple months...learned that the hard way about 8pm in a rainstorm last summer....the whole length split showing anyone who wanted to look....jesus. i hope no one else has to deal with that

doublejj

Veteran
Yes, I have! And my greenhouse roof had been raised to 14'! Because the plants were 14'! Sweet Jesus!!!!

I'm covering my greenhouse with Solexx this year.

peace
doublejj

A

auto guerilla

what about polycarbonate double layer panels. im reading about them at the moment cus im trying to find the same thing. im on the verge of buying it just doing some last minute research and trust me ive done alot. thats why im reading this lol

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
farmtek. com woven poly.i have some 5 years old

This is what we have, it's really performed well under absolutely insane conditions, high winds and -45c caused zero damage and it's still going strong 3 years later.

Reps are the way to go too if you want to talk to them, I got my shipping necked down to nothing after a friendly chat.

F

FIREofKALI

this is very good sheet i use... the best imo... but dont know if its available for ya...

http://www.ginegar.com/Htmls/article.aspx?C2004=12144&BSP=12142

greenhouse bud

picture.php

:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts