What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Tent OutGassing / Offgassing WARNING!!

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
I stick to the facts, and when I'm giving my opinion, it's clear

Anyways, sure sounds to me like Hydrohut left that manufacturer out in the cold with those tents... Maybe dude who said that is making it all up, who knows - doesn't mean I can't state my opinion on it, and since its something you claim we both don't know the details of, you've no right to say that I'm "wrong in fact" when you don't know the facts yourself.

If I look bad for doing it, so be it. I've made my case, made it based on your own words, and all you've done to me is call names and tried to confuse things with contradictory responses.

Look at you now.. Clearly going wild because I offered my opinion on something related to Hydrohut, after we were both done discussing that I think you're a shill.

Right or wrong, that was done, and here you are now 2 seconds later going crazy and being vulgar over my respectfully stated opinion on an unrelated matter.

ROLMAO ... Here you are saying I stick to facts when I give my opinion - yet immediately after .. you go on to say

Mr. Bongjangles said:
Anyways, sure sounds to me

Mr. Bongjangles said:
Maybe dude who said that

Mr. Bongjangles said:
who knows

All in the same paragraph

These are your facts .. and then go on to state you opinion ... what a fucking moron

On what basis do you say that Hydro Hut left a manufacturer out in the cold .. because dankohzee said something he was unsure of himself in a post in IC - incredible .. keep speculating and showing everyone what a fucking moron you are

The only thing I said was - dont toss your tent until you talk with Hydro Hut - maybe they will help

Keep crying - your like a little girl

The only one who is confused is you

Whats a shill ? .. is that a liar ? .. because if thats what it is - the only shill here is you

If I wrote the shit you did .. I would be embarrassed

Drivel on

Last edited:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
neuroherb said:
ROFLMAO I wondered whether anyone would be pedantic enough to pick up on the letters used to have a rant and avoid the thrust of the comment being the beatchfest. I couldn't care what team you support so therefore don't care if I got the wrong team for you as it doesn't really do anything for the likes of Jay asking a question to have to read a thesis of opinion to get a little info. I was merely trying to give a heads up as there is some info on the tents worthwhile reading and more on other topics which would be a loss if I was to use the old ignore button, however to no avail. Enjoy the bitching don't bother to reply as I won't be able to see it.

I'm not happy this has turned into a ridiculous back and forth, but I stand by what I said, and by the idea that pointing out a "shill" is worthwhile - that is doing everyone a favor.

Neuroherb can't back up what he said as it is not the case..

See this or not, let it be known you won't back up the accusation you tossed off at me.

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
I'm not happy this has turned into a ridiculous back and forth, but I stand by what I said, and by the idea that pointing out a "shill" is worthwhile - that is doing everyone a favor.

Neuroherb can't back up what he said as it is not the case..

See this or not, let it be known you won't back up the accusation you tossed off at me.

Now your pissing off other people too

Neuro is a good guy .. and means well - and you attack him

At this point - and at the least ... you need to be put in the cooler

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sundance said:
You are so fucked up .. and such a moron ... there is no reasoning with someone like you

ROLMAO ... Here you are saying I stick to facts when I give my opinion - yet immediately after .. you go on to say

All in the same paragraph

These are your facts .. and then go on to state you opinion ... what a fucking moron

On what basis you say that Hydro Hut left a manufacturer out in the cold .. because dankohzee said something he was unsure of himself in a post in IC - incredible .. keep speculating and showing everyone what a fucking moron you are

The only thing I said was - dont toss your tent until you talk with Hydro Hut - maybe they will help

Keep crying - your like a little girl

The only one who is confused is you

Whats a shill ? .. is that a liar ? .. because if thats what it is - the only shill here is you

If I wrote the shit you did .. I would be embarrassed

Drivel on

You apparently can't even read properly.. "I stick to the facts, *AND* when I give my opinion I make it clear"

What's so hard about that for you?

I was giving my *opinion* on this manufacturer left out in the cold by Hydrohhut.. And as I said, it was clear that was my opinion. How do you interpret that as me making any statement of fact?

It's said as a contrast to you, who multiple times now has stated your opinion and called it a fact...

Your continued attempt to distort my words is ridiculous.

Sorry you're so upset you can't even read properly, but its getting old.

And you've said a lot more than "return your hut to Hydrohut" by now.. Guess you don't include freaking out about me simply giving my opinion on this other member who claims to have a Hydrohut tent which was sold because Hydrohut apparently left them with a bunch of bad tents.

You gave your opinion, I gave mine.. Wasn't anything else to say, but no, you're the one still posting about it, calling names and so on..

Sundance said:
Now your pissing off other people too

Neuro is a good guy .. and means well - and you attack him

At this point - and at the least ... you need to be put in the cooler

Perhaps you missed it, but he is upset at both of us.. For fucking up the thread, frankly... But I will not let someone distort my words, and that has been the reason for back and forth.. You just can't get the record straight can you...

And no I didn't attack neuroherb.. He said something about me and will not back it up. I pointed that out. How is that an attack?

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

Sundance

Mr. Bongjangles said:
You apparently can't even read properly.. "I stick to the facts, *AND* when I give my opinion I make it clear"

What's so hard about that for you?

I was giving my *opinion* on this manufacturer left out in the cold by Hydrohhut.. And as I said, it was clear that was my opinion. How do you interpret that as me making any statement of fact?

It's said as a contrast to you, who multiple times now has stated your opinion and called it a fact...

Your continued attempt to distort my words is ridiculous.

Sorry you're so upset you can't even read properly, but its getting old.

And you've said a lot more than "return your hut to Hydrohut" by now.. Guess you don't include freaking out about me simply giving my opinion on this other member who claims to have a Hydrohut tent which was sold because Hydrohut apparently left them with a bunch of bad tents.

You gave your opinion, I gave mine.. Wasn't anything else to say, but no, you're the one still posting about it, calling names and so on..

Perhaps you missed it, but he is upset at both of us.. For fucking up the thread, frankly... But I will not let someone distort my words, and that has been the reason for back and forth.. You just can't get the record straight can you...

And no I didn't attack neuroherb.. He said something about me and will not back it up. I pointed that out. How is that an attack?

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

I actually feel sorry for you

You have no argument ... just immature drivel .. over and over and over again .. to the point of ad-nausea ... and absolutely ridiculous

No help for morons .. or psychopaths

PH020

I've been lurking on this forum for some time now and have never posted before, but I guess now's my time to chime in. I have done several very successful grows before and have always used home built "tents" except for a small 3'x3' tent I purchased from HTG almost 2 years ago(no problems with this one). I recently moved and decided that I would buy one of the new 4'x4' habitat tents(10/11/2008) so I wouldn't have to keep building new grow rooms when my lease was up. Well I veg my plants in my 3'x3' and they were looking marvelous, I had 7 sensi seeds afghani plants ready for flower so I set y new shiny tent up and put them in, after just a few days they started to get the gassing symptoms but at this time I didnt even know something like this was possible. I started adjusting nutes looking for a problem, and even purchased a $300 ppm/ph/temp meter to try and figure out what the hell was going on. No matter what I did for the plants they seemed to look worse and worse, until eventually they completely turned light yellow and died off. They were almost 3' tall each when they went into flowering, and by the time they died off and drooped they were around 2'. I grew another veg batch in the meantime and put them in about 2 weeks ago, and started over. When the problems repeated themselves I started scrambling for a solution. I changed everything from my water source, to the brand of nutes I use to no avail, when I randomly stumbled upon this sticky in a last desperate attempt at help before losing another complete batch. As they stand now they look like they've received a moderate nute burn but nothing that they shouldnt recover from as its still early in the flowering process. I contacted Hydrohut and they referred me to my supplier which is going to take care of the tent for me. After reading this a couple hours ago I went and tore down the whole tent and reducted everything etc, just to get my ladies out of there. Thanks so much guys for stickying this thread as this was the last place I was going to look before pretty much giving up and going back to soil, which of course wouldnt have made a difference since it was the tent in the first place. I just realized that I'm rambling but I'm just so damn relived that I found this sticky:D

farmer jay

ok, I guess ill break up this awkwardness. BTW. What was quoted was what i notice when im in veg. but yes, when thrown into flower the first thing that happens is the yellowing of the plants

cannabislocator

farmer jay said:
ok, I guess ill break up this awkwardness. BTW. What was quoted was what i notice when im in veg. but yes, when thrown into flower the first thing that happens is the yellowing of the plants

if you are in any hut and your veg stage is stable then it ain't the tent
why this turned into a rehash of old useless info is a wonder... ill admit i am amused by it

are you in soil?
are you using RO Water?
what nutes are you using??
how many days into flower are you???

i would say that is it all likely that when you moved into flowing your plants sucked up nutes that were needed and are now using more . if you are getting yellowing i would start with "N" flowering sucks Nitrogen if this is the case get your self some worm castings gives back N without overloading in flower.

as for the entire hut fiasco?
ya it happened and not just to Hydrohuts lots of companies got caught in the fray some were more honest then others about it.

as for me i simply took a step back and got myself a big ass roll of panda film
and waited it out!

oh and by the way My buddy first turned me on to huts he has an older Hydrohut and it works 100% his buds are sweet! it is an older tent with white plastic inside. no issues what so ever so i suspect the issue was intermittent.

I myself just picked up a new Hydro hut and the thing is pretty killer if you ask me. i even did a review of it on my page. i think i am gonna grab a smaller one for my mothers.

neuroherb

PH020 Glad yu found the info before it got any worse. From what you describe the plants should recover well enough for you.

Jay

Have you done a proper infirmary thread or have the plants recovered? Would be interesting to follow it up as the silver lined tents are new ad meant to be a solution. If you took them out and they recovered a possible empirical test would be to put the plants back in to see if the issue re occurs then removng them again to see if this clears it up. However not many would be into stressing their crop that way.

Either way hope its working out

Neuro

Sundance

Indeed - the new series of Silver Lined tents from Hydro Hut are kick ass

I have 2 new tents .. my plants are in 2 -3 weeks now .. and doing great .. I am very happy with the quality of the tents ... and that my environment is correct

In addition to the Silver Lined series of tents ... Hydro Hut had an ad in Growing Edge Magazine describing their new line of tents coming out called " Stealth Insulator " that is Thermal Insulated and IR Blocked

Hydro Hut has been designing these tents for 2 + years .. toxic thing came up ... Silver Series came up .. and the new line of " Insulator Stealth " should be available in the next 4-6 months

Great idea

www.hydrohuts.com

Last edited:
Sundance nobody has seen proof of any homebox problems yet, not one report on here about homebox issues, oh yeah apart from some other shill with two posts complaining about homebox problems in Spain, yeah right.

Pathetic that you call all morons and psychos when reading through the forum here you can easily see that over 50% of your posting here is giving out HH information or defense and you're not paid for that?
http://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php?searchid=6123844&pp=20&page=1

Here's my homebox with white walls, no yellowing.

I have had a look but can't find any grow reports from yourself showing your two tents, but I'm sure you have them, in your warehouse, with the rest ready for delivery ;)

Give it up dude you're sad.

Last edited:

Sundance

Homegrow3r said:
Sundance nobody has seen proof of any homebox problems yet, not one report on here about homebox issues, oh yeah apart from some other shill with two posts complaining about homebox problems in Spain, yeah right.

Pathetic that you call all morons and psychos when reading through the forum here you can easily see that over 50% of your posting here is giving out HH information or defense and you're not paid for that?

Here's my homebox with white walls, no yellowing.

I have had a look but can't find any grow reports from yourself showing your two tents, but I'm sure you have them, in your warehouse, with the rest ready for delivery ;)

Give it up dude you're sad.

Hi Homegrow3r .. thanks for the kind words

For the record - I have very little to say about Homebox .. as I have never seen one in person ... and what little I had to say .. was said ... until I was pushed further .. and made post #79 on page 6 of this thread .. a post I was not going to make .. but that I was pushed to .. I kinda like that one .. you should read it again - good reading

Like I have said many times - I bought 2 defective Hydro Hut tents .. got caught up in this mess ... didnt freak .. talked it up ... listened .. learned .. and here I am ... Just an individual grower ... speaking for myself - period

I dont work or get paid by Hydro Hut - but thanks for asking

Oh .. and I only called one guy a moron - and he very much deserves it

Thanks for checking my posts .. you must have a lot of time on your hands ... actually .. I have not posted any pics .. I dont and have never felt the need to show off

But thanks for your very constructive comments

You have a nice day Homey

Last edited:
Time on my hands, nope it's easy, you just have to click on a username beside their post and hit Find more posts by...just looking at the titles of the threads you post in, over 50% just at a glance are hydrohut threads, doesn't take a lot of time, don't flatter yourself, just calling out a bullshitter, who is dissing a product on the basis of a misunderstanding because of an inferior copied product.

Show us one report of a bad homebox.....

Sundance

Homegrow3r said:
Time on my hands, nope it's easy, you just have to click on a username beside their post and hit Find more posts by...just looking at the titles of the threads you post in, over 50% just at a glance are hydrohut threads, doesn't take a lot of time, don't flatter yourself, just calling out a bullshitter, who is dissing a product on the basis of a misunderstanding because of an inferior copied product.

Ya know - I was gonna change my last post to say either too much time on your hands or your really angry

We all know how to access other peoples posts - but thanks for the lesson

Additionally, I am hear more than 3 years - I have 278 posts .. to say 50 percent of them are Hydro Hut posts is absolutely ridiculous ... its not even close 10 percent .. although I will admit that the number of posts related to Hydro Hut has dramatically gone up in the past week or 2 because of playing with assholes like you ... which I find amusing

Homegrow3r said:
just calling out a bullshitter, who is dissing a product on the basis of a misunderstanding because of an inferior copied product.

WTF

Bullshit about what ? .. dis what ? ... misunderstanding about what ? .. I did not misunderstand anything ... the sentence doesnt even make sense

Inferior copied product - ROLMAO .. Hydro Hut is a superior kick ass product

Why go on about Homebox ? - who fucking cares ?

I said all I have to say already

Go back and read my post #79, on page 6 of this thread - its a good one

Last edited:

cannabislocator

some people seem offended and take competition personally.
it is as of they resent the idea that anyone would make another hut. how dare anyone make a hut homebox is the only hut.

sadly for these people they dont get it.
competition is a good thing. it can if done properly drive prices down giving us the consumer a great deal of leverage when it comes to purchase power.
so i could care less about who makes what.
the fact is that product problems are sadly part of the game.
the fact one company got hit with most of the blame is likely due to the fact it was outselling most others. but we all know the out gassing was not limited to just one company.
we are not stupid people here.
this issue has been identified.
i don't buy white tents it is as simple as that. and i dont care if they are Hydrohut, homebox, or Secret...... this issue was a result of changes beyond the control of the companies it happened in mfg.. and it could have happened to ANYONE OF THEM!!!

Personally i am not interested in rehashing old BS it is not productive.
what i am interested in is moving forward and seeing better products for ME!!
is Hydrohuts making better products? I would have to say from what i have seen YES.
I would go one step further in saying that you would be less likely to have an issue with a hydrohut due to the issue. you can bet they are watching production like a hawk now. I know i would be if i were them.

Can this or something like it happen again?? sure it can this is how it is.
I do think Hudtohuts above all others who got hit with this was far more forthcoming in trying to resolve it tho. most of these companies simply lied and denied everything and changed formulas.
others did so and flooded the market with bad tents and then claimed they were not their tents and really counterfeit ones. after the offgassing happened tons of bad products hit ebay and other sites.

PH020

neuroherb said:
PH020 Glad yu found the info before it got any worse. From what you describe the plants should recover well enough for you.

Neuro
Thanks, its amazing the difference in the plants just being out of the tent for a few days. The branches arent sagging as much and it seems that they've actually grown again! Now if only I could get hydrofarm to do the right thing with my tent :spank: so that I could keep that damn light from shining out from under my grow room door :muahaha:

cannabislocator

PH020 said:
Thanks, its amazing the difference in the plants just being out of the tent for a few days. The branches arent sagging as much and it seems that they've actually grown again! Now if only I could get hydrofarm to do the right thing with my tent :spank: so that I could keep that damn light from shining out from under my grow room door :muahaha:

did this happen with a new Tent??
Hydrofarm branded?

if it did that is a bummer
As i said white interiors are done for me.

anyone know what panda film is made of??

i never have problems with that stuff ever.

AlterEcho

I bought my tent (the Deluxe) in 2006 and have not seen any issues. But, I also exchange my air at a very high rate (the tent walls actually bow inward from the draw of my exhaust fan). So, if you have a HydroHut and can't afford to trade it (middle of a grow..etc...) then make sure your air exchange is as high as possible. This should allow you to get by until you can address the issue with Hydrohut.

-=AE=-