What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ph for promix

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Yeah you don't need to ph as there are no elements that you are trying to make available. There is a buffer in there...in promix I think dolimite lime. The whole point of the flush is to rid of the salts. plain water will be fine. I have done this for many years will no ill side affects. your ph will still rise with out you ph'ing it.
What is your tap ph at? 7.5 range?

Ismokekush I run PBP nutes and they also work great. I have tried many and they all work, but the PBP is simple, organic, and not to pricey. Find something you like use.. and dial it in for your grow method. That is the key. Yes hydro nutes are they way to go as soiless is basically hydro, except you have a medium holding the roots in the pot.

My tap comes out at 7.1 average so I usually pH down till I hit 6 for the ProMix.

Greenlife1

I mean if you really want to ph you can I am just saying you don't have to. Do one of your plants without phing, and see how it works for you. That way you will have a control, and your test. I think once you see that there is no difference you will be happy. Figure it will sve you some time, and ph down!

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
Nice Joe,
Everything you've said is correct. I recently flushed my gals in Promix as well and my runoff was also 5.8. ore like 5.5 but that's because I was feeding every watering. Now they seem happier but waiting for the Promix to dry out before feeding regularly again. Are you using BX or HP. The BX takes forever to dry after a flush. I'm in day 3 and they are light(er) but still heavy in the 5 gallon.

i got the HP...it dries in 2-3 days, but i got a 3 ton A/C and a 70 ppd dehumidifier and 9000 watts in that room, so that prolly helps with drying out the containers...

so you were feeding every feeding? what was your ppm? .5 or .7 conversion?

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
i got the HP...it dries in 2-3 days, but i got a 3 ton A/C and a 70 ppd dehumidifier and 9000 watts in that room, so that prolly helps with drying out the containers...

so you were feeding every feeding? what was your ppm? .5 or .7 conversion?

Nice!! Man it sounds like a hot setup.. I'm using a .7 conversion with a TDS of 1900ppm. Luckily I didn't experience a disaster. I decided to flush because I was going into flowering and I wanted a clean slate. I still feel better only because I know most of those solids were drained away. The runoff was reading at 4000+ on the meter while the pH was 5.5. After flush I managed to get it to 300 with a pH6.2. The water that went in was pH6.0 with 70PPM. I ran 15galllons of water to every 5gallon bucket.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
you were feeding at 1900ppm every watering??? i was feeding at 650ppm every second watering.....hmmm maybe im feeding too little??..or were you just really feeding too much??

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
you were feeding at 1900ppm every watering??? i was feeding at 650ppm every second watering.....hmmm maybe im feeding too little??..or were you just really feeding too much??

I was feeding them that while they were in 5x5in pots yes. But then again they were 2 feet under a 1000 and they were only 1 ft tall. The plants were between 1 and 2 months old. I just kept increasing until they said stop and they never said stop. Although the day I repotted them into the 5 gallon pots with ProMix they started to claw at the leaf. I read somewhere that it happens because of transplant shock so I just left them alone. Now that I flushed the clawing appears to have stopped.

That type of feeding won't happen again though. You see I'm still in DWC mode in my head. This soiless potting mix shit has way too many variables.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
can i get a general idea of how other ppl are feeding in promix?

as in ppm's per feeding and how often they feed?

chloro87

promix bx tells you on the bag to lower your dosage of nutes fed due to the mycorise in the formula its more sensitive to the roots

I PH to 6.3 in 30 gallon pots.

I feed weekly at 1/4 or 1/2 strength until flush where I use full strength. *edit* using Advanced Nutrients.

Results:
Big Bud.
P7020007-small.jpg

Average Bud
P7020008-small.jpg

Big Pots with Pro-Mix HP
P7020010-small.jpg

Find the man in the jungle.
P7020003-small.jpg

KarmasWheele

Veteran
srry mistake in posting
joefresh: I feed flora nova flora nectar and floralicious at 3/4 strength.....ph to 6.1-6.3
plain water between feeding when its time for a boost I use the floras at 1/2 strength and add big up powder to the solution....it's pro mix bx......
the results
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks, Sensi AB... Conni AB... or 3 part?

P.S. - 30 gallon soil indoors? How many per 1k? What are you pullin from those? Beautiful water-cooling setup by the way, well done!

I've used both Sensi and Conni with similar results.

One 1k light per lady, helps keep the plant count down, but sucks if you want exotic indicas that stay short. Each girl produces at least 1.5 lbs with closer to 2 lbs being the standard.