What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

elanius

Veteran
Beautiful plants, elanius! JohnnyC and MadMac also have the goods, by the looks. Excellent work, fellas!

I agree with you on Todd's OH offerings, elanius...that said I do have some OH seeds coming from him and will hopefully be growing them out soon. Hopefully, someone will make a thread here for Todd's stuff and we can all stare and compare as the season unfolds. I'm curious to see what he has...only way to know is to grow them out and then you can judge properly.

HB.

Thanks HB!

Looking at Todds pics on instagram, I just realized that when he described the plants being chunky or some 10 weekers, he may be referring to seeded plants, as I saw some "chunky" seeded Haze in his pics. Plants do finish sooner when seeded, and some may look "done" at 10 weeks I guess, who knows how many plants he grew and what variations were found. So as you said, only way to know is to grow them, but I think it may really be good old Haze from Sam. Have fun with them ;)

Koondense

Veteran
So he made seeds to sell before even flowering the plants to assess their qualities?
What a LOL "breeder" is this Todd guy.

Cheers

So he made seeds to sell before even flowering the plants to assess their qualities?
What a LOL "breeder" is this Todd guy.

Cheers

I think he's just doing preservation runs and releasing it to the public.

If he selects a cut he likes from an o haze and a haze cross and back crosses it to the O haze then it might make him a genius according to some. He'd just need to call it mccormic haze. ;)

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I assume Todd is using the seeds he got from Sam and not something else. And should be expereinced enough to notice that there are unusual phenos in his seeds compared to all the other pure hazes and should be selecting away from that.
But that's clearly not what he is doing.

Did he test the seeds he got from Sam? Did he smoke them to evaluate the highs etc.? And will the seeds be tested before selling them to the people?

If really he is doing that "under the guidance of Sam" then it is not absolutely necessary. But is that true?

I don’t really know the answers to your questions, JC...although I’m pretty sure Todd has been smoke testing the flowers. I’m actually hoping he has done minimal selection....like dumping all the weird/mutant plants and keeping the rest. I don’t expect to see any 10 week finishers from those seed, but I guess we’re going to have to wait and see.

The truth is, I have a ton of other stuff that I’m excited to run along with Todd’s OH including PNG, C5 x Durban, C5 x A5/Thai, ‘96 Skunk 1, Bandaid haze 7 x Headbanger, SLH x A5/Thai, Vietnamese Black x Laos, A5 S1, etc...

I don’t sell herb or seeds, so I don’t have to worry about what other people think...I’m also not an indoor grower...even though I have the space to do so. I usually give away most of my harvest and keep the best of the best for myself and the people in my life who's opinion matters to me. Lots of plants end up in the compost bin around here...or they just get buried after I’ve harvested enough for my personal use. I ran some c99 x 303 last year, found a nice male and hit the female with that male pollen. Once I had collected enough seed and bud to smoke...as a viability test, I buried the remaining seeded branches...and got plenty of volunteers...so I know the seed is viable. I think this is how I’ll be testing seed any seed I make for myself going forward. If they can sprout in the dead of winter and grow through late winter/early spring, I know the seed will be viable if stored properly.

December 2019....
sgHecTBl.jpg

January 2020...
pOe2bH9l.jpg

March 2020....
wlnOiwal.jpg

All I really want to end up with is some good smoke that I can successfully grow in my area...if a given plant doesn’t mold on me and happens to be exceptional, that’s a bonus. I’m thinking I’ve got a good chance at finding some keepers out of the above seed, but the proof is always in the pudding as they say.

HB.

clearheaded

I think a little part is also fluffy buds and tiny trichomes.. that burn SO much faster and hotter, similar to a heater bowl of some super dry shake that can get right ontop of a guy and make things more wawwaa wwaaaie/delic. its not all of teh reason but part of it. similarly how hash tends always to have a upper more clear effect then the flower and vapeing tends to have a slower onset and smoother dreamy effects. how fast and how much gets to your brain terps can help pass blood brain barrier, some minor cannibinoids or lack of them play a small part aswell. we always want it to be one thing. first it was cbd in indica made it downy then that was found to be false. now its all 100% terps.. but its a mixture of everything esters alcohols terps how it burns cannibinoids if u enjoy the smell or taste that create the final high.

Fast hit past blood brain barrier and a little pre phydecelic experiences/"flashback"(always get more trippy vision if had a long summer of substances) with a large drop in ocular pressure distorting ones vision... seems like a recipe for trippy weed ;)

harsher pinene myrcene or real smokey or harsh sessions(plants with high oils/plant waxes, you know those dark big shiny crawling when ground up varietys) seem to yeild a muddier effect...

I guess my sense that is more going on then we think with just terps or CBD levels that seperate an up to down high.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Thunk

Thunk

hello,
well here my Thunk...
got 1 girl and 3 males...
booth looking great...
i took the late male for making seeds with the girl...
i'll got the feeling this line has something special...
seeds are very old now... so germination is very low...

Thunk from the 90'
picture.php

picture.php

Thunk girl
picture.php

Skunk#1 from the 90'
picture.php

picture.php

all the best
M.

beautiful pics! I can confirm thunk is special. I love black pepper/rose oil/incense pheno View Image

wow, rose oil!

I've been wanting to try rose oil flavored stuff!

How was the clarity of the effect compared to mango haze?

I never tried nevilles or mango haze and I'm weary to even put much investment in them considering I did not like JH or SSH or WW.

Once I put together that the unnamed bud I tried over 15 years back was original haze a few days ago I realized I liked sam's selections but had been brainwashed by Neville's army of fans online that Sam's stuff wasn't any good.

Greatdalas

hello,
well here my Thunk...
booth looking great...

Thunk from the 90'
View Image
View Image

Thunk girl
View Image

Skunk#1 from the 90'
View Image
View Image

all the best
M.

Thunk are very good plants, very sweet and spicy 80/110 days +- no much yield but good, very thai

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
wow, rose oil!

I've been wanting to try rose oil flavored stuff!

How was the clarity of the effect compared to mango haze?

I never tried nevilles or mango haze and I'm weary to even put much investment in them considering I did not like JH or SSH or WW.

Once I put together that the unnamed bud I tried over 15 years back was original haze a few days ago I realized I liked sam's selections but had been brainwashed by Neville's army of fans online that Sam's stuff wasn't any good.

well dont await I will be like them and will hype it... I like it all, grow it yourself and you will see what you like more.. I like both, mango haze has not much racy effect to me, its kind of peaceful euphoria, very blissful like. thunk is more racy and trippy imo, your boots are kickin´. there are skunkhaze phenos, I like those thai more :D well clearness and clarity, it depends on angle of view, I was told, by haze authorities :D, that even tom hill haze is cloudy compared to sam´s ohaze :D haha I personally dont prefer those clear crystal crisp ones, I like it more hazy vision, little cloud over my mind, blue mist around my soul :D cheers.

Last edited:

F2F

The truth is, I have a ton of other stuff that I’m excited to run along with Todd’s OH including PNG, C5 x Durban, C5 x A5/Thai, ‘96 Skunk 1, Bandaid haze 7 x Headbanger, SLH x A5/Thai, Vietnamese Black x Laos, A5 S1, etc...

Wow, that stable has some serious ponies born to run! Best of luck there and let us know how they grow and blow HB!

Peace
F2F

hello,
well here my Thunk...
booth looking great...

all the best
M.

What sort of germination rates did you get and when was that?
What sort of germination rates do you anticipate now?

bigherb

Veteran
hello haze lovers,
for da weekend dreams...
here my OHz from da 90' punto rojo pheno'
View Image
View Image
View Image

have to say that she suffered from cold night's... 10°C.. and low day temp 20°C...
it's still fxxking cold here...
but hazy times ahead ;-)
M.:tiphat:

That’s one sexy lady

I’m thankful for your contributions once again, hopefully I can ask some questions . I’d appreciate any input

The bud structure is interesting, as well as the color in the last picture. Is it the lighting ? from my window it looks silver blueish

Have you smoke this pheno before ?

Also Curious why you call her the Punto Rojo pheno ?

1luvbigherb