What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What can I grow that will make my thai loving dad happy?

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Consider that it might be less the strain (if it's a sativa!!) but how the weed is cured.
Member Tangwena has a thread on here that shows you how it's done in Malawi.
I know Africa is not Thailand but what happens to the weed during the cobbing method he describes is pretty much what happens to Thai Stick when it's all wrapped up in bunches as well:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309172

Tangwena swears on eating the dark weed it produces, I smoke it however. It's intense and psychedelic.

Read up on it, it's my feeling that if you start out with good sativa material, this is the cure that gives you that much sought after effect that oldtimers find lacking in "modern" weed.
Best,
CC

i agree with bench warmer about 5 years ago a friend grew out a lemon thai cut he got from and old timer just delicious lemon with spice taste and a dude wheres my car effect. i wish i would have kept a cut of it. i bought some lemon thai kush seeds but havn't grown them out yet. good luck with the pheno hunt

beta

Veteran
We didn't have the great stuff everyday or every week,
but if you weren't around back then, you have no idea of how amazing some of the old weed was..

Cool nostalgia bro. It's not like the term 'rose colored glasses' was invented to describe our tendency to mis-remember and romanticize the past or anything. :biggrin:

B

bench warmer

Jojorizo’s Grapefruit/Mango x Purple Haze was the closest flavour and effect I’ve found to Thai stick cannabis. Zero Grapefruit or Mango flavours though. More frankinsence.

Whether or not it had any Thai in her, I cannot say. :dunno:

I grew one seed from the pack to wind up with this plant (picture taken at 5 weeks but she went 18 weeks before I chopped). No amber at all.... with lots of LST to keep it from growing into the lights.

The buds were cured in a large humidor for over a year. She has an electrifying paranoia inducing high & literally no “body” effect which came as a surprise to me since I’ve had previously found Mango on its own had a lot of “body” to it.
picture.php

'Boogieman'

Consider that it might be less the strain (if it's a sativa!!) but how the weed is cured.
Member Tangwena has a thread on here that shows you how it's done in Malawi.
I know Africa is not Thailand but what happens to the weed during the cobbing method he describes is pretty much what happens to Thai Stick when it's all wrapped up in bunches as well:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309172

Tangwena swears on eating the dark weed it produces, I smoke it however. It's intense and psychedelic.

Read up on it, it's my feeling that if you start out with good sativa material, this is the cure that gives you that much sought after effect that oldtimers find lacking in "modern" weed.
Best,
CC

Im going to check more into ferment curing, I have on and off looked into the malawi cob curing thread, always planned on trying it but the worry of mold always set me back not to mention my sativas tend to dry faster not that I mess it up I keep the room cool with a humidifier but it's harder for me to judge the moisture level. On another note my dad visited Loas about 10 years ago and said he smoked brick that was the closest thing to Thai in terms of high he tried since the 70's/80's, bad taste though.

Im unsure about trying a pure thai, after a lot of reading it seems thai, colombian, and others near the equator really need a powerful equatorial sun not to be a waste of time. Some very nice looking plants in here, im going to give some a shot along with ferment curing.

Im in a 100% illegal state, no access to clones or other sweet genetics other than something here local which honestly is not all that good. I have to buy seeds from either an american seed bank or European bank, I have had success with The Vault, Great lake Genetics, and DC seed exchange.

bestothebest

Jojorizo’s Grapefruit/Mango x Purple Haze was the closest flavour and effect I’ve found to Thai stick cannabis. Zero Grapefruit or Mango flavours though. More frankinsence.

Whether or not it had any Thai in her, I cannot say. :dunno:

I grew one seed from the pack to wind up with this plant (picture taken at 5 weeks but she went 18 weeks before I chopped). No amber at all.... with lots of LST to keep it from growing into the lights.

The buds were cured in a large humidor for over a year. She has an electrifying paranoia inducing high & literally no “body” effect which came as a surprise to me since I’ve had previously found Mango on its own had a lot of “body” to it.

RIP JoJo. I would have liked to try his strains, but for the most part they are a thing of the past.

Ready4

Veteran
Golden Tiger from Ace Seeds. Smoked and got much Thai-sticks & loose Thai weed way back in the day. Getting that exact "Thai stick" smell is not going happen - The Thai was smuggled in large quantities and got that smell being compacted & curing - and grown outdoors. The Golden Tiger can put out some very incredible phenos that your Father will love. The one I keep is so powerful, it surprises even the most seasoned partakers.

Latest posts

Latest posts