What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All About THCV! Where To Find It? What does It Do? Research From Israel 4/22/2017

Nexus7

From another thread:

I used Durban Poison as one of the 4 parents we used to create a THCV only variety 20 years ago, the THCV was not so high, only 1-2% but it was there. I also used a Thai, an Afghan and Calif Orange, they also had small amounts of THCV. after 4 years of seperately selfing these lines which raised the THCV %'s they were combined to make our THCV variety.
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
To be clear the THCV % of the 4 parent lines were low in THCV, 1-2%, after selfing several years and combining the 4 parental lines we knocked that up to more then 10% with little to no other Cannabinoids.
We also did that for CBC, CBG, CBDV, CBCV, CBGV, THCV, etc....
-SamS

Miasa Mura

Hey all!

After trying products with various ratios of THCV in them, I am under the suspicion that the cause of the psychoactivity may be imparted by a good amount of active THC and high THCA ( i.e. 7%THC and 13%THCA) ratio.

The richest THCV product I’ve smoked, is the Black Beauty flowers with 12% THC and 7% THCV. I didn’t notice any head change at all! Neat to know I am getting some complimentary health benefits from the rare molecule, but it didn’t do anything for my state of consciousness.
//Pictures at the bottom of post//

Dutch Treat flower that had around 25% THC and 1%THCV and these flowers would put most folks to sleep. The bouquet was a piney- Jack Herer smell. The effects for me were heavily in the body and calm mind.

Slymer (Chernobyl pheno) BHO with a 3% THCV and Un-remembered THC content had a very social, clear and electric buzzy high.

I know that terpenes play a huge role but I’m starting to really look into this active THC and THCA ratio to see if it has any legs.

Anyone notice active THC with good amounts of THCA producing the psychedelic phenomena?

Attachments

• 398CB3DC-0F3D-4A4F-8B60-F3FEF97AF0C7.jpg
    398CB3DC-0F3D-4A4F-8B60-F3FEF97AF0C7.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 71
  • E73C2BD6-18E0-42EC-8A23-0964AA8EAC94.jpg
    E73C2BD6-18E0-42EC-8A23-0964AA8EAC94.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 68
  • FD16CC3D-530E-4D16-9CBE-A545AC0D60C4.jpg
    FD16CC3D-530E-4D16-9CBE-A545AC0D60C4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 68

Petrochemical

In generously gifted some novarene and I've been looking into it and doing some research and it's definitely heavy heavy thcv I need to see what this is all about this looks fun

Reactions: Gry

HarleyJammer

Veteran
This is my THCV experience..

I have a congenital neuropathy officially named Willis-Ekbom Disease.. formerly known as Restless Legs Syndrome. . Also with a Periodic Limb Movement Disorder component. No known cause or cure but in my case it's hereditary.

I am prescribed dopamine agonist drugs off label for Parkinsons Disease. I began a web search on the effects of these drugs. I came upon a couple studies involving Parkinsons, the drugs, and THCV.

One study in Spain stated that THCV acted as an antioxidant and neuroprotectant and was beneficial in treating Parkinsons. Also, I learned that there is a competitive bonding of receptors between THCA and THCV.

Another study, Israeli I think, showed that the dopamine agonist drugs must be taken prior to an WED/RLS episodic attack to hold efficacy. Basically, the brain must be pretreated. This I know to be true in my own personal experience.. if I didn't take my dose on time I'm SOL.

At that time I found Jack the Ripper. .. advertised having elevated levels of THCV. Subcool also had a cross called Ripped Bubba... JTR and Bubba Kush.

I grew both... JTR abated the painful symptoms within minutes. Ripped Bubba did not and in fact triggered symptoms.. much like any other indica/Dom that I tested.

In conclusion, clinical studies and my own testing shows that THCV is beneficial in treating symptoms of WED/RLS.

Nannymouse

420giveaway
I think that i've seen that curaleaf (edit:maybe grassroots?)used to offer novarine, will need to ask about it at the dispensary, next time that i'm in. I'm anxious to try out the novarine.

I also have restless leg, it doesn't really bother me until bedtime...feet need to be out of the covers and flapping, sounds funny, but does delay getting to sleep. So, my question is:how long after consuming, do you feel results, @HarleyJammer ?

Also, if JTR is 'racey/noidy' as the spacequeens, i dunno if it would help with sleep?

Last edited:

HarleyJammer

Veteran
I think that i've seen that curaleaf (edit:maybe grassroots?)used to offer novarine, will need to ask about it at the dispensary, next time that i'm in. I'm anxious to try out the novarine.

I also have restless leg, it doesn't really bother me until bedtime...feet need to be out of the covers and flapping, sounds funny, but does delay getting to sleep. So, my question is:how long after consuming, do you feel results, @HarleyJammer ?

Also, if JTR is 'racey/noidy' as the spacequeens, i dunno if it would help with sleep?

I know it may sound contradictory to state that sativas help me sleep. It also may seem to be more logical to think that a sleepy indica would be more appealing.

My symptoms can attack any time of the day but like you bed time is the worst. I most assuredly get attacked when I am fatigued. Indica strains wipe me out and set me up for an attack. Sativa/dom that have an appreciable amount of THCV gives me relief within minutes. I must state that it does not work 100% of the time.. more closer to 90%.. 2 or 3 pulls is all it takes. Its like magic. Afterwards, I can relax and fall asleep. But, you must be mindful not to over indulge.

I found that Jack the Ripper worked the best. I wish I never lost my cut.

dirtlove

I know it may sound contradictory to state that sativas help me sleep. It also may seem to be more logical to think that a sleepy indica would be more appealing.

My symptoms can attack any time of the day but like you bed time is the worst. I most assuredly get attacked when I am fatigued. Indica strains wipe me out and set me up for an attack. Sativa/dom that have an appreciable amount of THCV gives me relief within minutes. I must state that it does not work 100% of the time.. more closer to 90%.. 2 or 3 pulls is all it takes. Its like magic. Afterwards, I can relax and fall asleep. But, you must be mindful not to over indulge.

I found that Jack the Ripper worked the best. I wish I never lost my cut.
Did you test any samples of the JTR to confirm THCV was present? I ask because I recall someone over on thcfarmer doing intensive testing while searching for THCV but only to find out the JTR that he grew did not contain any THCV.

Lots of options of THCV/CBDV seeds to choose from over at hoku seed company for anyone searching for some V.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Did you test any samples of the JTR to confirm THCV was present? I ask because I recall someone over on thcfarmer doing intensive testing while searching for THCV but only to find out the JTR that he grew did not contain any THCV.

Lots of options of THCV/CBDV seeds to choose from over at hoku seed company for anyone searching for some V.

I did not test my cuts of JTR. I took Subcool on his word. I can attest sativa strains in general do alleviate my symptoms and the indica triggers the symptoms. To be useful for me at bedtime I do need a less race-y strain. JTR, to me, fit that requirement.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Subcool was a pedo methhead, cant take him at his word.
I published back in 2014 that there is one pheno of JTR which has 4.7% thcv, but to expect getting that from just popping a seed is foolish. That cut came from popping over 100 seeds.

Douglas Fir

Five out of five Jack The Ripper samples tested by MCR Labs showed no THCV.

https://reports.mcrlabs.com/product...ate-desc&location=&page=1&searchString=ripper

Ace's Ethiopian is a better option. All my breeding projects involve Ethiopian. And for people in the states who can afford it -- not medical advice but I make my own THCV tincture. My recipe is 5 grams THCV isolate dissolved in 100 ml MCT oil. Then add 2% caryophyllene. At around .75 ml per dropper dose that works out to around 34 mg THCV. I've been taking this at least twice a day on average for a couple years now.

Last edited:

hfm

I have one called Jamboree that is full of thcv and has some really unique sagebrush terps It's my get sober weed,so alert and sobering but not spun out like some of those super potent sativas.You forget to eat and get an abnormal focus to tasks at hand.We still have to test it to see where the numbers are.
1000018375.jpg
1000018377.jpg