What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
3/5 Diesel/Diesel seeds i dropped in water 2 days ago already have tails. Dropped them into coco pellets and under the T5 leds

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The side branches on the lone female currently in my bubble-ponics tote are now ~ 3-4" and growing, and this on NPK RAW grow formula. Just got more Bloom to make the transition, which I want to do in a LP aero set up.

Got the hardware together to transition her to Low Pressure Aero, with a twist...

The twist is I will use an outboard rez, which makes changing nutes, monitoring pH, and rotating ice blocks a ton easier, PLUS, roots will not be soaking in nutes between feedings. Also I have 3 Diesel/Diesel babies that should break the surface today

Good thing I did a pre- flight test as the 10 gallon tote just isn't deep enough (barely 12") with the pump/riser heads and misters (not shown). Just ran a test. Best if I can get a ~ 6" or taller tote. Also going to need a grommet for the feeder tube between rez and tote.... Hmmmm, that presents a problem. The pump will be in an empty tote. Obviously it would be running dry, until the rez filled up enough (likely at least 3 minutes). No bueno. I can devise a screen to keep the roots above the nutes, but damn that takes away the benefits of an outboard rez, or, I could put the pump into a much smaller container inside the tote, which would have standing nutes in it, but still... Ideas?
View attachment 422805

View attachment 422806 View attachment 422807

View attachment 422808 View attachment 422809

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I traded for these, and after testing, this 4 head configuration (designed for the riser being in the center of the tote), is not going to work for me. I have 180* misters, so thinking to move the pump/tubing to one side: still debating

Just a note, cause I am high as F on an early sample of what I will be harvesting Sunday. And only doing it then because I need the room for the beauty in my bubble-ponics system

Pics tomorrow

New seedlings did not make it . It seems the coco dries our very quickly here this time of year, and although I sprayed it throughout each day, being mindful of root rot, they died :wallbash:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 new Diesel/Diesel seeds cracked. Going to put the coco pellets into small glass jars to keep them moist, and start them in the kitchen window, which is where I usually start seeds. Hopefully, they will pop this time

The PTY (pretty young thing) in the starter tent is guzzling nutes. Made some fresh this morning and topped off the rez.

Went to boat supply in search of a larger bulkhead to use as a drain but kind of expensive, so I'll stick with the smaller one I use now to flood/drain flowering totes. I should have the low pressure set up by tomorrow, but won't be using it until the seeds are developed, and ready to drop into it

The batteries (3) died in my
60X mini scope. Being so small, it's a PITA to use, so instead of replacing them I bought a bigger one that is 60/120. It should arrive today so I can check trichs on the 2 that I anticipate harvesting tomorrow https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LAX52IQ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 2 under the P3 are doing fine, but damn both are very small phenos. Fortunately, they are finishing faster than normal

Pics tomorrow

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
PYT is budding uber fast. with 4 white and 2 pink leds

I just replaced one of the white TL LEDs with another TL Pink LED, now 3/3

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
PYT still slurping nutes, guzzling is more like it,

Topped off one gallon now ~ 650ppm

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oddly, my Diesel/Diesel seeds were pretty much all duds

Starting over with Blueberry Cheese Cake X G13, again my cross. I have grown from these seeds, so hopefully it's a go

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most of the BBCC x G13 seeds have already popped :peacock:

Harvest Update

Unfortunately, I had some mold issues, mostly on the left plant, but also the right. These buds were uber dense, making air circulation between the bud/colas impossible

Cut the affected areas away and gave them a h2o2 bath, and rinse, now drying in the sun

Notice how small the root mass is. According to the Hydroponics college book (A Practical Guide for the Soilless Grower) , this is good. Massive roots are not a good sign

Pic 1-2 plant on left
(the 17" cola was at the bottom!)

Pic 3-5 plant on right + roots

That's a 5" net pot

View attachment 424911 View attachment 424912

View attachment 424913 View attachment 424914 View attachment 424915

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Late yesterday I moved PYT from under 6 Transcend Lighting T5 LED tubes (3 white/3 red) where she began life and grew until yesterday, when I moved her from bubbleponics to my DIY F&D. The light is Amare Technologies SE 250 with 2 BML side lighting bars

I should have taken a picture of the root ball, which was roughly softball size

These pics were taken yesterday. Checked her this morning, zero transplant shock :woohoo:

View attachment 425116 View attachment 425117

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update:

So far 2 sets of seeds have failed to germinate. Using same technique that has been successful. Dumbfounded

Plant Pics: looking lovely. The short one appears to be finishing much faster, though feeding from the same rez, and under the same light. Being much shorter, with chubbier leafs, it is expressing 'more' indica

PYT is looking excellent too.

Now, if I can only figure out why I'm having problems germinating seeds

The 2 plants harvested on 8/21 are in jars with Boveda humid packs, smelling damn good

View attachment 426549 View attachment 426550

View attachment 426551 View attachment 426552

View attachment 426553

Interesting running under those panels, seem to throw a decent amount of light around. Does seem like they're still recovering from the microbe hit? or is that burn from something else? Glad you managed to recover them.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting running under those panels, seem to throw a decent amount of light around. Does seem like they're still recovering from the microbe hit? or is that burn from something else? Glad you managed to recover them.

Thanks. Most likely the residual effects of the microbes pH drop, though it could also be from using lenses too long

Gotcha. And thanks man, you got me started in led tech. Going in on a couple quantum board rigs for the Labor Day sale over amare but you certainly know your stuff and got me over the garbage led panel hump so thanks.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotcha. And thanks man, you got me started in led tech. Going in on a couple quantum board rigs for the Labor Day sale over amare but you certainly know your stuff and got me over the garbage led panel hump so thanks.

TY

The QBs seem a vg option, especially for shorter space heights.

Amare reached out to me back in 2014 when I was doing a thread featuring BML SPYDR 600. Didn't know who he was then, but he kept stating what was wrong with the 600. He was right, BUT... anyway, I pmd him to please stop as I had no control over the design. BML is now Fluence. Here's a pic of it in action

The bars can be spread to 4ft or collapsed to 2ft

View attachment 426663

interesting idea. Picked up the 550s yesterday because at 20% off they ended up being less than $1700 dollars for two and they seem pretty no nonsense in terms of extras I don't want for money i didn't want to spend. I guess only time will tell, but I'm sure coming from no name amazon cobs it's going to be a bit of an improvement.

Latest posts

Latest posts