What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Tekvitamik :) Thanks for supporting our work!

If you grow Malawi x PCK in 9-11 liter pots they will grow enough big to branch well.

As stated in the strain description on our website >Additional Information>Growing Tips Malawi x PCK is a very versatile F1 hybrid that works great in both styles: main cola SOGs and SCROGs as well.

We don't provide specific yields per m2 on our strain descriptions since this depends a lot on your growing conditions and growing skills, but Malawi x PCK is a very easy to grow strain, vigorous and consistently high yielding with optimum environment and feeding.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi ;)

A friend of mine had 4 phenotypes of the malawi pck in his greenhouse in soil this year.
The plants were quite easy to grow, took a bit of food, ended up yielding around 120g per plant, which is pretty similar to the hybrids he usually grows.

The four phenos shows purple flowers, more or less pronounced, the buds are covered in resin, and quite dense. they were cut late october.

Smell is incredible, my friend is a talented grower and did definitely succeed on growing this one to perfection. It does carry a lot of deep african flavors - woody, together with the berry sweet aromas of the pck that tends to dominate. When you smell it, you can tell that this genetic does fully express its landrace origins in the sun, reminding me of old school imported sativas in the aromas.

The high is strong, very well balanced between sativa and indica. Intensity varies depending on the phenotype and when they were cut, ranging from racy and stupefying -what am i doing here ?- to more psychedelic with body stone - lets relax and talk. I have to dig a little more in the next months on that one, but it is getting better and smoother with curing (now at 4 months), as it has a lot of "agressive" terpenes that needs some smoothing in my opion -though it does taste nice and strong "fresh"( less than couple of months cure).

Overall I would recommend this plant to anybody that is looking into an introduction or to landrace genetics, or anybody who likes landraces and enjoy the type of high described above ! Grown organic/outdoor ideally !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the positive feedback titoon29 :)

Glad you and your friends are enjoying with the harvest of your 4 Malawi x PCK girls.
As you correctly pointed out, it's a very consistent, easy to grow, vigorous and high yielding F1, with incredible complex and refined terpene profiles and very strong sativa/indica hybrids effects for a PCK hybrid. It truely gets the best from both Malawi and PCK.

El Timbo, looking nice. February has been warmer than usual, hopefully the good weather and not so cold temps are helping with their development and evaluation.

Time to transplant them FletchF.Fletch!

Azeotrope

Veteran
The two largest in this pic are Malawi x PCK. About day 10 of 12/12

Attachments

• 8732D1A8-71D9-4E0A-92F8-5AAE86C9754F.jpg
    8732D1A8-71D9-4E0A-92F8-5AAE86C9754F.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 47

biggums

Thats my malawi x pck in the top right-hand corner.

8 days since flip, 8wks since sprout. Has been an awesome plant so far, compact, branchy & vigorous in veg. Started to have a noticibly dank smell at only 2-3wks old can't wait to see how it turns out (especially after reading through this thread!).

Fed with canna bio vega, seaweed extract, worm leachate & microbes in canna terra pro soil.

Attachments

• photo2028917.jpg
    photo2028917.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 29

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful kamyo :wave: You are truly mastering your skills with this strain, and she is rewarding as you deserve friend! ;)

biggums Azeotrope Good luck with yours in flowering, looking very healthy and promising, please keep us updated!

Enjoy your harvest El Timbo :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi biggums correct, if she has not shown colors at this point, then she will be a green pheno. Looking great after 28 days of 12/12 ;)

Thanks, keep up the good work and updates!

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Plants are huge now and budding beautifully. I love how there are Purple and Green phenos that resemble each Parent. Green Malawi pheno is the biggest of the bunch.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Difficulty posting pictures is a real Bummer.

That being said, the Malawi x PCK ladies are in the final days with the earlier ripeners already coming down. First tastes are just Amazing. Out of 10, 4 were Green and 6 were Purple. Amongst the Purple phenos, some plants were very dark and others had a lilac blush coloration, with an even split 50/50. All specimens were beautiful in their own right. I will assert that some plants are much stronger than the 17% thc rating given in the catalog description.

Most excellent hybrid, Buen Trabajo otra vez por mis amigos de ACE, Muchas Gracias!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A pleasure to hear it FletchF.Fletch :) I probably rate Malawi x PCK as our best and most complete classic sativa/indica F1 landrace hybrid, hard to find a weak point on this F1.

We also got approx 60 % of purple phenos and 40 % of green phenos when we did the big test of the hybrid before its release, and you are right, it's much more potent and long lasting than the lab results say. Thanks a lot for your positive feedback and enjoy your well deserved harvest! ;)