What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdawg 101

G

***Special thanks go to orgogliodiprovi and chemdog who helped me straighten out the story and exact details. :wave: ***

Brief background:

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' (aka 'wonkanobe') and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled ‘chemdawg’ (now ’91 chemdawg), ‘chemdawg a’ (now chemdawg’s sister), and ‘chemdawg b’. In '01, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled ‘c’, ‘d’, and ‘e’. the ‘e’ seed never germinated, ‘c’ turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and chemdawg ‘d’ was the keeper. In '06, 'chemdog' and 'joebrand' reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdawg phenos 1-4, '4' being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the '4' was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the 'reunion pheno'. Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash.

Chemdawg Crosses:
• 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdawg in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
• 'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
• Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

• 'chemdog' and friends made several crosses that are held closely by a small group of friends and acquaintances. Among them are:

1. Super Snowdawg (Bubble Chem x [Super skunk x Oregon Sno])
2. Giesel (Chem D x Mass Super Skunk)
3. Bubble Chem (Chemdawg’s Sister x Sag's Bubbleberry)
4. Dawg Daze aka ChemHaze (Chem D x ’93 Sensi's NL#5/Haze)
5. Chemdawg D x Pbud (another old-school Colorado strain)

JJ-NYC has been working on a Chemdawg D-based seed line for several years now. He started by crossing Chemdawg D to Sensi's Afghani after thoroughly testing both Sensi's Afghani and Sensi's Hindu Kush to determine which was more stable and would be better for the initial cross. JJ then did a backcross, known as "Double Dawg." Several phenos of this circulate and several people still have beans. JJ's latest work to the line is a second backcross known as "Tres Dawg" which is just starting to get tested.

Rezdog of Reservoir Seeds recently released several Chemdawg crosses as part of his 'Trinity' charity auctions. The crosses included Chemdawg D x Sensi's Hindu Kush and Snowdawg x Sensi's Hindu Kush, Chemdawg D x Sour Diesel IBL, Snowdawg x Sour Diesel IBL, ChemHaze x Sour Diesel IBL and Giesel x Sour Diesel IBL.

…….

Last edited:
G

Pictures:
'91 Chemdawg:
19157DSC01458.JPG
(wonkanobe)
19157DSC01472.JPG
(wonkanobe)

Chemdawg D:
11088chemdawgd9-med.JPG
(smokeypufmaster)

Chemdawg's Sister:
11088Chemsister8wk.JPG
(smokeypufmaster)

Chemdawg #1:
1009206ChemDawg_1-med.JPG

(nspecta)

Chemdawg #2:
1009206CD_2-med.JPG
(nspecta)

Chemdawg #3:
1009206CD_3-med.JPG

(nspecta)

Chemdawg #4:
10092CD_4_45dayz.JPG
(nspecta)
19157super_chem_mac-1.jpg

(wonkanobe)

Dawg Daze:
11088Chemhaze8wk3.JPG
(smokeypufmaster)

Giesel:
172Giesel45dys.JPG
(ograskal)
172giesel_close45.JPG
(ograskal)

Super Snowdawg:
11088Snowdawg8wk2.JPG
(smokey)

Double Dawg:
19157DSC01315.JPG
(wonkanobe)

ECSD:
172SD_day_69.JPG
(ograskal)

OG Kush:
172OGday63.JPG
(ograskal)

Original Diesel:
3634OriginalDiesel_3_6146.jpg

(m. steelers)

Chemdawg D x Pbud:
138530909_012-med.jpg
(jimmynitz)
13853cddxpb_010-med.jpg

(jimmynitz)

*** Thanks to everyone who helped me out whether it was with pictures or information. A lot of time and effort went into this thread so PLEASE do no trash it. If you want to talk trash go elsewhere. Trolling AND spamming have absolutely no place here as this thread is for discussion relating to the topic at hand.***

And last but certainly not least, a HUGE thank you to SmokeyPufmaster for his work making sure this thread stays on track. You rock bro!

Last edited:

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
What a show H&L, you've out done yourself. The info is nice and compact enough that even I can understand it. Thanks for clearing everything up.

:redface: Thanks bro. :redface:

Last edited:
Reactions: X15
G

seems like you've spent a lot of time and energy compling this info, great job man....

Piffington

Wow! This should be a sticky considering how many times chemdawg's lineage is questioned. Thanks for this killer informative thread. Greatly appreciated. :woohoo:

Edit : woops didn't see that it was already a sticky...silly me :bat:

Last edited:

RoastedO

Cool compilation of Chems H&L! Im laughing my ass off right now. I was looking through the pics and I saw the Chem D X P-Bud and leaned close to the screen to see it. When I did I got this skunky waff hit my nose and I was like WTF????? LMAO! Them I realized it was an open jar nearby of the ECSD but I didn't notice till I leaned down some. I first thought... DaMN that really IS some stinky stank there.. lol

All the best,
RO

G

gratefuldawg

Sweet thread man. I picked up a pack of the Chem D x ECSD IBL, which is kinda a chem x chem cross in a way. Can't wait to see what I find. That's the one I would pick outta all the Rez Chem crosses, and it's the cheapest. Still don't understand.

thanks for the cem back ground . i just got my pack of cemdog d x sour diesel ibl i would think that cross should be fire cuz they are both from the same family. i cant wate oh boy

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Killer thread H&L, great research and easy to understand delivery:yes:... and while some of the pics do inspire the desire, RoastedO, I think the Scratch-N-Sniff™ monitor is a few years out yet :wink:...

Last edited:
G

right on H&L kick ass thread man.. gonna be great to finnnaly ahve all the info in one place not a million... thanks to ogd and cd for the info.. im sure more will be added to the saga at a later date...

here's some chemdawg 4

chemd

chemXpbud

chem4 vegg

chem d veg

G

wow H&L, fucking a... do you realize what you have just done!!!

the rubix cube of these uber-hyped strains has now been solved... your next project is the 9/11 conspiracy.

thumbs up!

ograskal

Veteran
Wow......Great Job H&L.....This will answer alot of peeps Questions and help out with all the confusion.....Do you know who made the Super Dawg Cross and if it is still around.....Isnt it (91 CHemDawg X Mass Super Skunk )..??????...I heard its alot like the Geisel........Thanks ....~ogr

G

Thank you so much H & L! Great research all in one place now. You've really done a great favor to all the chem lovers. Great work.

G

That was the clearest explanation of the history of the chem family. Do you remember this thread at OG being like 30 pages. You did it in one post.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to High&Lonesome again.

J

JeffSpicoli

WOW! well done. :bow: :respect:
I like everyone else, really appreciate you going through the effort to compile all this info and pics.
Theres always so much confusion, perfect thread for a sticky, thats awesome.

Now its just a matter of patiently waiting for the chem hybrids to hopefully slowly make there way out :canabis:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts