What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Public house

J

John Public

Hi to all Cannabis lovers,

I create this thread with hope to share some good vibes with other people.

With some good friends, we share some lines such as Jamaicans, Thais, or Colombians, and try to make them go through the years without too much damage.

I wanted to create a space where I could share informations and pics of our grows. Here it is. We have small means but try our best, with respect for the plant.

I'll describe later the strains we grow. And then, I hope to share with you grow diaries of those lines, in small setup.

John Public and friends

J

John Public

BSC Colombian gold

This is the Colombian gold sold by the Brazilian Seed Company. A friend had the seeds from the breeder. I have grown the second generation since then, and it was selected only for non hermie.

It is a consistent strain. It grows like a sativa/indica hybrid, but very stable. Dark leaves with few lateral branches. Flowering time is between 8 and 11 weeks, depending on light density and quantity of seeds it bears. The high is an happy sedative one, very potent. Smell is very strong, a mix of pine and camphra, very nice.

Here are some pics of my last grow.

Last edited:
J

John Public

Jamaican lambsbread

This one was gifted to our small collective last year. It comes straight from rasta communities in the Carribean. The history can be tracked back to the 70's in Jamaica. A true jewell !

Pure sativa with narrow leaves. The seeds are of medium size, with brown colour and black spots/stripes. It is not easy to grow but not impossible. There are some hermaphroditic individuals and few males in the line (1 on 15 in the first attempt, 4 in 35 in the second). The strain has a nice grass smell during vegetative and produce narrow leaves with many leaflets of a light green color. It produces semi-dense buds with nice light aromas, very fruity and spicy (some have smelled banana and apple in it). It takes a good amount of 14 weeks of flowering to obtain the first mature buds, and at least 16 weeks to be sure. The high of the strain is totally cerebral, no ceiling and absolutely positive. The only negative point is it can be heart beating when you harvest it too early.

here are some pics, some are grown under 400W HPS, other under 250W HPS.

Last edited:
J

John Public

African goblin

This one came to us via an UK grower who was gifted it straight from Africa. It comes from Malawi.

Dark leaves and bushy individuals. It is a sativa that takes more than 10 weeks to flower. It produces very resinous buds with a sweet smell of bubblegum. Also some pepper and spice smell when dried. The high is cloudy and laughy. It was only reproduced one time and should be the next diary of this topic !

Here are some pics, some under fluoros, other under 250w HPS

Last edited:
J

John Public

Ethiopian highland

It is the strain from African seeds, purchased in 2002. It shows two main phenotypes, one with densier buds and a bit shorter to finish and the other more fluffy and longer. Herbal taste and smell. The strain is quick to finish, around 9-10 weeks and the high is a delight, very irie, dreamy ! She is not very easy to grow indoor, but with times, we learned what she liked. The following pics are from the third generation under 400 W hps. We have just finished to produce fresh new seeds of it. Allways nice to have this strain around ;)

Last edited:
J

John Public

Panama red

This strain came from an old school grower from California. It is said to be circa 1974 but honestly, this grower and us do not know if it is the real deal. And to be honest, I don't care as this strain is enough good to make you forget its name.

It grows like a pure sativa with dense buds with red pistils, even indoor. The smell is old school herb, may I say skunky? Hehehe Flowering time is quite long, 12-14 weeks, with some herma in the line. Deep up high, very potent. We grew it twice, once under 250W hps and once under 400w HPS.

here are the pics, some are grown under 400W HPS, other under 250W HPS.

Last edited:
J

John Public

Mexican Acapulco

This Mexican was gifted by zamalito as a F2 from Dc Greenthumbs Acapulco gold. It is a short flowering sativa (8-10 weeks) with two phenos, one branchier and the other more columnar. She is nice to smoke, up high, energetic. Nice lemon smell but low calyx to leaf ratio. An easy strain, usable for outdoor too. Great for one bud too. Not sure it is the true Acapulco gold but that's a nice strain anyway.

Here are some pics under fluoros

Last edited:
J

John Public

Hawaiian sativa

This is the Federation Hawaiian sativa that we purchased 3 years ago. We select it for the most sativa traits and high. A good compromise, easy to grow strain. The high is good, not pure sativa high but interesting. Smell is also strong, a mix of lemon and tar. Flowering time is around 10 weeks. There is still a slightly different pheno (1 / 10 in the last grow) which is more leafy in the bud structure, but we will see the progeny (F3)

Here are some pics under fluoros

Last edited:
J

John Public

Here we are !

I hope to be fairly enough constant in the future to bring new reports here :)

Weedninja

Nice strains and nice pics. I'm running Hawaiian sat now myself.Every new batch Fed releases, people say is a little worse than the one before, so hang on to those genetics. Can't wait for the African goblin diary.

SoSincere

wow nice selection bro, glad ur keeping those fine genetics safe and sound.
by the way im not trying to be an ass at all but I think this thread would do better in the strains section. keep up the good work, take care of ur chicks

Last edited:
J

John Public

Thank you for the visits :)

Yes I heard the same about the Hawaiian sativa. I can't say really as I did not grow the different offers. These seeds were purchased after their last bust, when they came back in 2005 at hempdepot. We will see what we obtain in selecting the most sativa traits at each generation. The differences between phenos are not major to be honest.

I'll try to sprout some seeds of the African goblin tonight. ;)

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
What a great selection of genetics. That'd be quite a good base to work from if you ever wanted to do some breeding. That lambsbread looks like it'd be my favorite, it seems like that's something that's getting harder and harder to get a hold of.

J

John Public

Hello Flying hehehe thank you

Thank for the visit, Bounty29

We made some hybrids with some of these strains:

Colombian gold x Ethiopian highland
Colombian gold x Jamaican Blue Mountains85
(Colombian gold x Jamaican Blue Mountains85) x BubbleGum Serious
(Colombian gold x Jamaican Blue Mountains85) x Hawaiian sativa
(Colombian gold x Jamaican Blue Mountains85) x Skunk n°1
Jamaican lambsbread x African goblin
Hawaiian sativa x Skunk n°1
African goblin x Celestial Temple sativa

Most of them were... interesting to say the least. Some others were just medium pot. But we have not enough space and time to study all ! We just played like fools with the crosses, creating them while reproducting the landraces, almost no selection in the males, just some tries for the fun.

The lambsbread is quite rare now, you're right. The strain was gifted by a Jamaican rasta singer who said that it was almost extinct in the island. This line was in his rasta community since the early 70's. We were honoured that this strain arrived in our hands to be preserved.

J

John Public

Thank you for the visit, thunderpob. I wish you'll have the possibility to experiment such hybrid :)

I chose to plant 10 seeds of the African goblin to make a small reproduction, and also 5 seeds of the highland Thai, just to see.

The highland Thai comes from the area of Chiang Mai. It grows pure sativa, very long flowering, lot of hermies, citrus taste and nice thai high.

We received the seeds from Thailand, grew them once to make new seeds and then grew a bigger number of the P2 to select non hermie plants. We made a 1 x 14 reproduction, starting with 36 individuals.

Here are some pics, under fluoros and under 400 W hps.

Thump88

John,
I was checking out your Panama Red and it looks very very similar to a mystery bagseed from my last grow. The seed came from an ounce I picked up in Manhattan Beach, CA. It didn't have a name when I got it but when it started to flower it had a smell completley identical to Juicy Fruit Gum so we started callin it juicy fruit but honestly now looking at your PR plants I am starting to think thats what I grew. Here are a couple pics of the plant, They were all taken at about 35 days in, I lost my camera at about that time so unfortunatly I don't have any shots later in flowering but what do you think?

J

John Public

Hello Thump88

Very nice pics, my friend. Surely there are some similarities. But if they smell like fruit gum, not sure it is the same: the panama smell different, like rotten ...

You know what? The best way would be to grow this unknown Fruit side by side with the Panama so that you definetly know. :)

Last edited: