What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

malawi cross

hello,
i've made a cross between a malawi killer male and a jack the ripper female. The jack the ripper is a 8 weeker with tons of THC, trichomes on the stems, well very strong 8 week sativa.
So i've got tons of seeds and i started a few to see the result :

First i had 3 female and a male that i killed and on the 3 females, one is showing hairs after 4 weeks of 12/12 and one has no hairs yet, so i presume it's gonna be slow to flower.

So my question is what may i expect in terms of weeks of 12/12 between a 8 weeker and a malawi ?

Thanks

Easy7

Veteran
Harvest window will be all over the place. Difficult for me to guess the malawi time, being a male.

Sounds like a good cross, post pics please. Jtr is probably the most interesting subcool cross.

I'd also like to see malawi x tom hill haze and malawi x chem

troutman

Seed Whore
You can expect that they'll flower closer to the Malawi in the F1 generation.

If you make F2 seeds with them some should flower like both parents and some in between.

i can't wait to see the first trichomes, i'm more used to 8 weeks strains, i'm planning a new cross with a 8 weeker again to reduce the flowering time if it works like that. But i've no JTR yet.
JTR is a hell to clone, and i took a clone off the fastest i have and it rooted quite fast, so the malawi genes help in cloning, that's a good thing.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi John LOQUE,

Malawi provides quite predictability to its crosses, but jack the ripper sounds like a very unstable poly hybrid, the variability of your cross will depend mainly on the variability of jack the ripper, but guess the flowering times will be between 9 up to 12 weeks.

Hope you find interesting things in your own Malawi cross. Best wishes!