What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chilling w/a summer ice cream thread.......

mayorofthdesert

i've eaten a pint of ice cream every night since i quit drinking 2 1/2 weeks ago. a couple nights i went back for a second pint. like whiskey i don't buy it by the gallon for fear of finishing the whole thing.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've eaten a pint of ice cream every night since i quit drinking 2 1/2 weeks ago. a couple nights i went back for a second pint. like whiskey i don't buy it by the gallon for fear of finishing the whole thing.

a boss of mine, an old drill sgt in the marine corp quit smoking, but he used hard lemon candy's.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FbfZzu9.jpg

WHAT!!???i thought Haagen Dazs was dutch or something?Now that i recollect they named it to sound fancy or something to make money.i do like their triple German chocalate or whatever its called. Culvers is pretty good too.

i got an icecream factory 500 ft from me in my small town.when i was 5 or 6 the fucking owner was coming from the bar and hit me on my bike.shoulda sued the shit outta him.Its good icecream.ill give them that.but i hate going past the goddamn place.fuckers
Origin of brand name[edit]

Reuben Mattus invented the "Häagen-Dazs" name supposedly as a tribute to Denmark's exemplary treatment of its Jews during the Second World War,[4] and included an outline map of Denmark on early labels. Mattus erroneously claimed the name was "Danish-sounding," although it is not Danish or even remotely similar to Danish, which has neither an umlaut ä (rather, the ligature æ is the corresponding counterpart) nor do the letters zs combine in Danish, nor did the name have any meaning in any language before its creation.[5] Mattus felt that Denmark was known for its dairy products and had a positive image in the United States.[6] His daughter Doris Hurley reported in the 1999 PBS documentary An Ice Cream Show that her father sat at the kitchen table for hours saying nonsensical words until he came up with a combination he liked. The reason he chose this method was so that the name would be unique and original.[7]

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Schwans has very good ice cream and frozen deserts. They deliver.

The stuff in the supermarket is kinda lame. Haagen Dazs is good though. Paletas frozen juice bars are good.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Schwan's delivers up here too, fairly popular, but as a family of one I don't order from the local guy, hardly worth his time.

Schwan's owns Red Baron pizza, my favorite pie is the classic crust line that Red Baron's sells. Schwan's home deliveries include a pizza that's supposedly exactly the same as the 'classic crust' but of course branded differently. :dunno:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I am not big on sweets. I like ice cream but never have it around. Yesterday, which is odd since I just saw this thread, I went to the store for dinner things. My wife has been in big pain from back problem so I decided to get some ice cream.

Cookie dough. Which I melted peanut butter and drizzled over the ice cream. Damn that was good. I burned my hand making dinner so the cold bowl was perfect.

My favorite flavor has always been Black Raspberry.

Carvel ice cream cakes....uh yuuuum!

Friendlys sundays were the bomb back in the day. The local friendlys closed last year. I hadn't been there in a decade or so. Guess that didn't help them stay in biz. Too bad, always a nice meal.

Thanks a lot S4L, now I'm going to finish off that cookie dough ice cream for lunch!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
My grandpa would take me to Friendly's in New Jersey for
a sundae or banana split after a weekend in Bradly Beach.

We would sometime go to a friends house off Tom's River
to go crabbing, always a good haul.

But always a stop for ice cream on the way home.

I had to promise not to tell my mom because she didn't want
me eating sweets too much.

Good times

JJDubz

Ice Cream, how I love thee, let me count the ways...!

Many fond memories growing up eating Kawartha Dairy ice cream, a local Ontario gig, they make some fantastic stuff. Raspberry ripple and Jamoca almond fudge were always favourites....mmmmmmm......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trust me, there's some ice cream in these pics

Trust me, there's some ice cream in these pics

Marcus Dairy, Danbury CT. Every Sunday during motorcycle riding weather thousands of bikers would meet @ what we called 'the dairy' to look over bikes and either have a bite to eat (long assed wait) or a glass of milk, a shake, cone or other treat; the dairy never lost its tradition of pure dairy products, value & service.

nfnbp8B.jpg

X8Vv4tX.jpg

every once in awhile there were these Swap Meet Sundays and traffic
and crowds could get crazy, enormous, and overflow measures taken.
JQYXH45.jpg

this was the Macy's Mall parking lot.
zPT93et.jpg

but most of all it was awesome to get there real frikkin' early because that when these bikes would show up, nice and early 6:30-7:00am and their owners would hang until it started gettin' busy & they'd split.

BQLoGJA.jpg

Marcus Dairy was finally shut down & demolished in 2011.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Berry cobbler w/a wallop of vanilla on top,
I prefer hot cobbler on top of my ice cream.

8qTXtMt.jpg

and I'd be mesmerized waiting for that cone to drip.......

TalJr1r.jpg