What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

24-48 hours of dark or light. right before harvest?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Hi all, I've read up on people doing the dark stage a day or two before harvest.
My buddy in Mendocino California says to leave lights on 24 hours for the day or two before harvest?
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of or tried this method before?
Thanks

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hi all, I've read up on people doing the dark stage a day or two before harvest.
My buddy in Mendocino California says to leave lights on 24 hours for the day or two before harvest?
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of or tried this method before?
Thanks
No but I have seen keeping them in the dark for the last 24-48 hrs before harvest.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
it's a stress technique, people do do all sorts of different things like this in the final week that induce what looks like a preferable increase in size/amount of nugs and trichs..

The jury is still out on what the different stressing, end of life, type techniques actually accomplish and I think some are urban myths that people can't help but try because a guy said it worked.

All genetics don't respond the same way to stress so it seems silly to apply blanket approaches to growing over all, however since it's that late in flower you can't fuck up your grow and you have no comparison so people would never know if it helped or didn't. You can't really even compare two grows of identical genetics in the same environment because too many variables change or are bound to be different between grows.

The traditional way to stress them prior to harvest is like Switch said above 24-48 darkness.