What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Grinder to Buy

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The titanium finish model is only $44 now on amazon and the imitators cost much less but it's not clear if any of them has a decent screen.

shithawk420

Veteran
The titanium space case is $54?is it the 4 piece?last I checked they were $120.but that was a few years ago

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I like grinders with a kief catcher. When we want that little extra I shake it up.

Crippler

31IfoaqHENL.jpg

I've had a sweetleaf grinder for many years. I prefer the straight up pins as its easy to turn and allows me to get the grind I want just by the feeling of resistance. Nice even pieces.

CaptainDankness

A cheap one, they all seem to get the job done. I kind of like the kief catching ones but at the same time you are losing potency in the bud with them.

shithawk420

Veteran
There's no fucking way anyone can tell me you can tell a difference from the buzz of a keif catching grinder vs anything else.if you do your a liar or under the placebo affect

If everyone used grinders - we wouldn't have some of the amazing strains we have today that came from bagseed.

The best, most satisfying grinder you could ever have is your pointer and thumbnails.

If you do it right - it keeps the trichomes intact (pick from the inside - the most powerful trichs are on the surface)) and gives a perfect consistency that isn't too fine or coarse.

And i'd say if your tired of picking buds apart you're smoking too much anyway.

For those that like to smoke lot get a good quality non aluminum grinder( the aluminum dust will gradually flake off the grinder and get in your weed which is very bad).

The stainless steel (full of nasty heavy metals) grinders also create microscopic dust as you grind the metal on metal wheels just much less.

I am still looking fora grinder with Quality SHARP steel teeth (that keep their edge well) embedded in a wooden base as to avoid making micro dust from metal on metal rubbing..

Now let me add to this - if you're having to pick apart your weed or grind it - you're smoking the wrong stuff! Any old timer will tell you THE BEST highs are from the 100% sativas with airy buds you put right in your pipe and smoke no grinding required.

Honestly after having tried said sativa, I'd go right ahead and say genocide all those little crappy indicas asap.

Last edited:

TANO

🍒
Veteran
Spacecase

Spacecase

I have this Space Case Medium titanium, it is cleaned almost by itself,but if I go back i would take the aluminum version,because the titanium sooner or later comes off :tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CaptainDankness

There's no fucking way anyone can tell me you can tell a difference from the buzz of a keif catching grinder vs anything else.if you do your a liar or under the placebo affect

I never noticed a difference but you are losing potency by losing kief. Guarantee a lab test will prove that.

Of course I can't tell you if my weed is 15% or 20+% THC honestly. Pretty much why lab testing exists.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this thread got me thinking about mine, just realised iv'e had it for almost 20 years :clock watch:

SIlver-Space-Case.jpg

ic

theJointedOne

Veteran

For those that like to smoke lot get a good quality non aluminum grinder( the aluminum dust will gradually flake off the grinder and get in your weed which is very bad).

The stainless steel (full of nasty heavy metals) grinders also create microscopic dust as you grind the metal on metal wheels just much less.

This is what has kept me away from grinders for some years.

I used to have the space case then the mendo mulcher then the santa cruz shredder, but with all of them it seemed metal was shaving off ever so slowly...fkin whack bro. Not my cup of tea.

I like fingers

shithawk420

Veteran
been using grinders for 15 years.you guys must be buying knockoffs or something.ive had these discussions countless times.your either buying chinese crap or its all in your heads

Jhhnn

Veteran
been using grinders for 15 years.you guys must be buying knockoffs or something.ive had these discussions countless times.your either buying chinese crap or its all in your heads

I'm with you. My space case shows absolutely no signs of wear after 5 years other than on the outside from getting knocked around a little. It's like anything else, I figure, with extremely minute quantities of microscopic metal coming from mixers, meat grinders & so forth. My personal level of exposure has been much higher as a mechanic for decades.