What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pro mix

FlaDankster

Veteran
i reuse it because it gets better after recycling, not to save $$ ...

Whodair.....hows it hangin bra?you should toss up yo ingredients you like in your PM to reuse brudda!Be perty cool if we could turn this thing into a "pro mix growin" thread.

What do ya like to add as time goes by back into your mix?

Pro Mix and gh nutes
Pro Mix and pbp nutes
Pro Mix with added amendments (2 different mixes)

are the runs i'm doin wit PM......i like dis shit!

Gearing up with the good stuff...

attachment.php

Attachments

• gearing_up 005.jpg
    gearing_up 005.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 17

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
:laughing: you crazy man
I had the local farm store learn to"stock up" early back years ago...Store manager asks"Do you really think people will buy dirt in the winter time?"....10 years later ...Our local farm store offers 3 types of promix,a tractor traler load each of hp/bx[they even carry pgx] All are sitting in stock as we speak..
My ? is,where does a guy store 480 bales:bump: peace

P.S whats your fert formula/water supply that works for you in promix...:hijacked:

right next to my house bro lol and to think i will have 4x this amount real soon

this year they will all be inside tho bc we had a crazy rain storm that blew my tarps off and half of my bricks got water logged NOT FUN!!!

promix and wormcasting is all you need to get them started real nice.

The real question is what does a guy tell the dude whos delivering 480 bricks hahah

i'm thinkin about using sip buckets (sip = sub irrigated planters ) with promix, how well does promix wick up the water ?

heres a link to the sip buckets ..... http://insideurbangreen.typepad.com/.a/6a00e3982480928833013480010902970c-pi

I've been running sub irrigated containers for about a year now using promix amended with EWC and other goodies and it works very well, the wicking properties is the main reason I've stuck with the promix blend. I'll attach a couple pics of them, They are made using 12gal totes from Home Depot, along with some 4", and 1" PVC pipe.

Attachments

• SIC1.jpg
    SIC1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 12
  • SIC2.jpg
    SIC2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 8

Chem&M

Let me ask this, since we are in the Promix thread:

Where do you guys keep your PH? I hear such varying results sometimes. For instace, I like mine between 6.6-6.8 ish. I get great results, but a friend of mine keeps his at 6 and has less problems than when HE puts his PH where mine is. WHy is that?

FlaDankster

Veteran
I have more probs when i worry about ph.....

Wellwater and off i go!

But i will say........when i first started growin i checked ph before feedings some but thats as far as it went.Always fell between 6.2 6.8

Chem&M

Wellwater and off i go!

But i will say........when i first started growin i checked ph before feedings some but thats as far as it went.Always fell between 6.2 6.8

Yeah, the nutrients I've used almost exclusively for the last 2 years says DO NOT ADJUST PH, but I just don't believe them. I've tried not worrying about it before, but my own neurotic mind eventually makes me check/adjust.

Wellwater and off i go!

I agree man, seems like when I start looking to adjust ph that's when things go sideways for me. If left alone my soil always comes in about 6.5.

Perhaps my attitude will bite me someday, but until then I just leave things as is and my plants always seem to do good.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
i was getting promix myco bx for 23 bucks in pa.

paying 25-35 now.

all my grows are using promix bx. but lately i have been trying out the humboldt mix. and sunshine #4.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
not saying that what vado and forbidden said is not true, but i have found that for my set-up(promix bx myco and EWC) when i hit the 6.3-6.5 range i was doing a lot better than when i was going 6.0. just some food for thought.