What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fruits from the wild: Breeding with pure sativas Mextiza and Ghana

Carraxe

Veteran
I've got some new pics.

This is the Marinheira x Mextiza, after being pollinated with a Mextiza male. I believe this cross will be very interesting. There will be a lot of seeds, a managed to pollinate the whole plant with just a jar of frozen pollen. It will make 11 weeks in a couple of days, but I'll cut when all the seeds are mature... 3 or 4 weeks more.

This is La Bella after less than 7 weeks flowering. I love this one, the taste/aroma and effect are very good. It grows too much for an indoor, and buds are very airy. That's because of its sativa heritage.

This one is the Bella x Mextiza that grows flowers in the leaves. Also a very big plant, and with lovely slender leaves. This one has been flowering for several weeks but will be probably very fast. I just like watching this great shape, very long pistils and all the resin that starts to pile there.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
One of the Bella Mextiza inherited the intense orange pistils of the Mextiza, but just this one. All the plants are very tall, even the ones that I topped. I put them in flower when they were 40-50 cm tall and they have tripled since, so I'll have to find a better way to manage them in the next run. They've been flowering for just 5 and a half weeks and they are maturing fast and producing lots of resin.

Of course, buds are sativa-like. They are very airy and the pistils are very long and thick.

There will be a lot of seeds. I'll cut these plants when the seeds are mature. It will be about 6 weeks since pollination, it means I have to wait another 3 weeks. They will be mature after 8 weeks and a half, both Mextiza and Bella are very very fast.

And this one is the Mexican x Mextiza, growing a lot of seeds from the same Mextiza male I selected. I'll have to wait 3 weeks as well, maybe more because the pollination was more successful than I expected.

This one is much slower, it's been flowering for 10 weeks already, but production is also much better than Mextiza's. Also the effect from the Mexican is something special. Even more sativish, happy and energetic. Flavor was also great.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These beauties are the Bella Mextiza. 6 weeks of 12/12 only! I guess they'll be done in 8 weeks, and the effect will be better if I don't leave them to overripe. I put these pictures so you can get an impression on how airy the buds are, and you can also note the general look of the plant. Sativa magic. It is the first time I grow them, so I've overfed them and the leaves' color is way too dark. There are also some claw-like leaves. These plants are so tall that lower branches don't get any light and die, but the upper half is a party of pistils, resin and expectations.

Cheers

Dogtown

Those Bella x Mextiza looking superb, those leafs and bud structure!
Very glad to see the Mextiza x Mexitza was succesful!

Really excited to see both in 2 weeks ;)

How's the Marinheira x Mextiza doing?

Do you know the lineage of Mario's La Bella?

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
Bella Mextiza. Lovely. Tomorrow they make 7 weeks at 12/12. Still growing lots of flowers and meaty buds.

These are a couple of Red Snakes about 3 weeks into flower, they are also stretching a lot.

And this is the Marinheira Mextiza full of seeds. Another couple of weeks to harvest.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
This is the Thai Angola clone after one month of outdoors flowering. It is evolving much better than I thought, in fact I had problems with this cut indoors and I never could flower it properly. It comes from an special edition from ACE seeds, IIRC. Extremely thin leaves, it is branchy and leafy and doesn't grow much. People who grew it told me that the effect is very special, it hits but it doesn't have any comedown. It is supposed to need 14 weeks to finish, so I'll probably put it back indoors in a couple of weeks or three to avoid revegging.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Well, it looks like the seeding production activities I performed during the last months were generally productive.

The seeds in the jar are 75% Mextiza and the other 25% comes from a great wild Mexican sativa brought by a sailor. I guess they will be slower than original Mextiza but better producers. More sativish in effect and faster growing plants. I made a fucking ton of seeds because I didn't expect the frozen Mextiza pollen to be that fertile.

At the right of the image, the seeds are from (Bella x Mextiza) x Mextiza cross. Fast and frosty, I've been smelling the buds from the plants Bella x Mextiza these seeds came from and they are amazing. I can't find words to describe them yet, but I'll try.

In the middle, Red Snake F2. I managed to make a lot of seeds and I still keep a clone of the same male and female I selected. This one is already outdoors and resisting quite well the bad weather. I'm taking some pollen out of it.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
These are a couple of Red Snakes 6 weeks after flip. Slow and tall (1.5 meter including the 3l pot) but very aromatic. I love the very characteristic cedar smell, I guess Punto Rojo influences a lot the structure of the plant and also both the flavor and effect of the finished bud. I have a Mextiza also with 6 weeks and looks near done.

I suppose they will be mature with 6 more weeks before harvest. I'll try to have spider mites under control this time. I reduced the daylenght and feeding strength to avoid revegging this time.

Cheers

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Those snakes will want to get really tall, LST is your friend. I had to pinch the stem several times to keep them from going through the ceiling. Buds still came out big, fluffy but large calyx and nice flavor.
Beautiful plants Carraxe, those Mextiza crosses are looking good.

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi

The Red Snake I selected is by far one of the slowers I've seen around. It leans a lot to the Punto Rojo, and I guess it affects the high. This one's high is really nice, active and happy. I've seen some Red Snake that were very fast, very similar to Oaxaca '79, but in the batch of seeds I got this one was one of the fastest, and the most aromatic and resinous.

I'll try some LST in the next plants.

Cheers

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
These are some new seeds I made with a Mextiza male and a very promising sativa I was gifted, the Thai Angola selected years ago between some seeds CBG was distributing. It's got airy but resinous buds, I haven't smoked it yet but reviews I got are very interesting. Very nice active and stimulating sativa effect with no comedown at all.

It smells like opium, anise and geranium over a background of spices and I believe this cross will dilute the Mextiza smell but it will also improve the stimulating effect while shortening its flowering time. This one needs 14 weeks.

It isn't dry yet, but I've already collected some seeds.

There is another very interesting cross I made. I crossed this Thai Angola with a Red Snake male three weeks ago, and I can see the seeds growing, but I don't think there will be many. I want to grow the resulting seeds to select a very stimulating one, based just in the effect. I will upload pictures soon.

Good smokes.

Carraxe

Veteran
This is the Thai Angola after 10 weeks of 12/12. The buds are starting to foxtail and there are some Red Snake seeds maturing into them. Buds are quite resinous although they are leafy due to its sativa origin, but still more compact than I expected.

This plant doesn't look very good, I don't know why. Maybe I didn't dial her properly, she is a little picky or maybe she carries some illness due to her age.

I'll cut this one in a week, as 6 weeks since pollination are enough to get the seeds mature.

Cheers

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
This is the Thai Angola after 10 weeks of 12/12. The buds are starting to foxtail and there are some Red Snake seeds maturing into them. Buds are quite resinous although they are leafy due to its sativa origin, but still more compact than I expected.

This plant doesn't look very good, I don't know why. Maybe I didn't dial her properly, she is a little picky or maybe she carries some illness due to her age.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80528&pictureid=1953751&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80528&pictureid=1953752&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80528&pictureid=1953753&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80528&pictureid=1953754&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I'll cut this one in a week, as 6 weeks since pollination are enough to get the seeds mature.

Cheers
spider mites

Carraxe

Veteran
These are a couple of Red Snakes. The fight against spider mites has been successfull, as I can see. First one, after 8 weeks 12/12, full of glandes and getting meaty. Nice smell and lots of buds. Probably ready in 10 weeks.

The second of these plants I keep in the flowering room, making seeds of this fantastic strain. This one has been flowering for just 4 weeks and impregnated just a week ago.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts