What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canela

Ingalls

Hi here !

here's my 3 Canela ladys,very vigourous plants ,the seeds was a bit old but i had 100% germ,
she started to flower outdoor but the weather here is too wet ,so i decide to put them indoor under 600w hps,
i just re found the canela bouquet description :"Coffee and chocolate deep aroma with floral violet details."
If i remember ,the Jamaican tend to have a lavender/violet flavour (?)
well..all i can say is i can't wait ! :D

20212canela1.JPG

20212canela2.JPG

20212canela3.JPG

Syd

ICMag Donor
Very interesting. Please, keep us updated about you grow 'cause it's a long time that Canela is out of stock everywhere.
Thanx

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Ingalls for posting!

Canela is a fine sativa, mother was a very special north indian sativa and father was Cannabiogen's jamaican '85, same father than Nepalese Jam.

Yes, Jamaican line tastes spicy, sweet with violet lavender details. North indian mother had a denser chocolate/coffee bouquet, higher terpene density.

Canela's effect is complex, spiritual and expansive. She has its own taste, aroma and personality, and she's a nice contrast compared to SE asian sativas.

Canela has been out of stock for more than 1 year, we have been very busy working in other projects and sadly, north indian mother was lost so we decided to discontinue her.

I hope you enjoy her and if you like, save a cut for future! :rasta:

If you like

Ingalls

i was excepting coffee smell but just after a good curing...but these girls smell deep coffee early in flowering !!i'm very surprised,one is more spicy ,but the others is lavander with a large touch of coffee...but it's deep...remind me roasting coffee :yummy:

i'm waiting 1 or 2 weeks more to harvest
more pics soon

20212canela21.JPG

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Ingalls friend :smile:

Im glad you like Canela's aroma. Deep coffee aromas are quite evident in the strain, terpene density is real high for sativa x sativa hybrid.

Thanks for update and best wishes for rest of flowering. Please, keep us updated with your impressions after the harvest and curing! dubi

pescador

What a beauty!

This has been my dream cross and i have been hoping to get these seeds for a while. I dropped over 100 euros at DonCogollo seeds a year ago and never got anything :badday:

I would be very interested even in F2 seeds and would/pay exchange lots for it.

I have only had that "spiritual-expansive" effect a few time while smoking, and I have been looking for it ever since.

Dubi, would you consider making F2 seeds...perhaps stabalizing it for this unique high effect? As you say, we need some serious genetic contrast with the afghan/SE Asian effect that dominates the genepool today.

BTW: about to get some Bangi Haze pollen that I intend to use for several hobby crosses, first being the F13 by DJ Short.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola pescador :)

im sorry to hear you had a bad experience ordering our seeds to Don Cogollo, they are good friends, please pm and will try to contact them.

There are no plans to keep working with Canela by now. We have been very busy past 2 years working with other sativa lines like haze and we couldnt focus more energy and resources to keep alive Canela line.

As you said, some north indian and nepalese have a very unique spiritual expansive kind of effect, himalayan sativas are a great contrast compared with SE asian sativas.

We are not offering commercially male pollen, pollen loses quickly viability and it'd be difficult to guarantee its good working after months of storage.

Bangi Haze is a stabilized F6 hybrid and it's a great sativa dominant line for breeding. Her good traits like (high resin production, cold and mold resistance, energetic high and fast flowering) are dominant when crossed.

Indeed, some of our most powerful non commercial hybrids are bangi haze crosses: panama x bangi haze and destroyer x bangi haze, both are fantastic crosses.

Best wishes.

pescador

dubi said:

im sorry to hear you had a bad experience ordering our seeds to Don Cogollo, they are good friends, please pm and will try to contact them.

There are no plans to keep working with Canela by now. We have been very busy past 2 years working with other sativa lines like haze and we couldnt focus more energy and resources to keep alive Canela line.

As you said, some north indian and nepalese have a very unique spiritual expansive kind of effect, himalayan sativas are a great contrast compared with SE asian sativas.

We are not offering commercially male pollen, pollen loses quickly viability and it'd be difficult to guarantee its good working after months of storage.

Bangi Haze is a stabilized F6 hybrid and it's a great sativa dominant line for breeding. Her good traits like (high resin production, cold and mold resistance, energetic high and fast flowering) are dominant when crossed.

Indeed, some of our most powerful non commercial hybrids are bangi haze crosses: panama x bangi haze and destroyer x bangi haze, both are fantastic crosses.

Best wishes.

Hi Dubi,

So I PMed you..thanks!

I am sure most of the genes in Jamaica originally came from North India, which in my opinion is the reason the rasta religion saw it's spiritual value ( I don't think rasta would have originally talked up the use of ganja so much as they have had the genes been south Asian of Afghani). This is why i find this cross so interesting!

I wonder if packing pollen in inert gas like Nitrogen Or Argon would work, with anti humidity gel packs? It would guess that pollen degrades due to oxidation and humidity (and probably light), and getting rid of these things would help. Perhaps with seeds too? All I know is that you would have great business selling packs of pollen if it could be viable!

I understand your busy work with all your projects! So much to do, so little time and space. It seems that your work on oldtimer's haze is fantastic, which as i understand it took up lots of your time.

BTW, seeing that I mentioned old school rastas, any fast flowering Ethiopian lines in the future?

Thanks, and may you have a spiritual and expansive Sunday!

G

Hola dubi and pescador,

just a question about the Canela, dubi: If there were a guy that had some F1 seeds, and who would sow some of it and by chance would be able to reproduce it (just a supposition :wink: but it's true I may have some time after my Jamaican lambsbread and I liked a lot the Canela you sent me), what would be the direction of the inbreeding process, in your opinion ?

Would a backcross with Jamaican BM interesting? With another North Indian? With another Jamaican lambsbread? With a South Indian? Or would it be better to work only on selecting one or two sub lines in the F2 and work it?

Big respect :smoke:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
pescador said:
Hi Dubi,

So I PMed you..thanks!

I am sure most of the genes in Jamaica originally came from North India, which in my opinion is the reason the rasta religion saw it's spiritual value ( I don't think rasta would have originally talked up the use of ganja so much as they have had the genes been south Asian of Afghani). This is why i find this cross so interesting!

I wonder if packing pollen in inert gas like Nitrogen Or Argon would work, with anti humidity gel packs? It would guess that pollen degrades due to oxidation and humidity (and probably light), and getting rid of these things would help. Perhaps with seeds too? All I know is that you would have great business selling packs of pollen if it could be viable!

I understand your busy work with all your projects! So much to do, so little time and space. It seems that your work on oldtimer's haze is fantastic, which as i understand it took up lots of your time.

BTW, seeing that I mentioned old school rastas, any fast flowering Ethiopian lines in the future?

Thanks, and may you have a spiritual and expansive Sunday!

We haven't got experience storing pollen for a long term but i'm sure with correct equipment and scientific knowledge pollen can be stored for years.

Unfortunatly, there are no fast ethiopian lines in mind for close future.

Thanks for the support!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
little_man said:
Hola dubi and pescador,

just a question about the Canela, dubi: If there were a guy that had some F1 seeds, and who would sow some of it and by chance would be able to reproduce it (just a supposition :wink: but it's true I may have some time after my Jamaican lambsbread and I liked a lot the Canela you sent me), what would be the direction of the inbreeding process, in your opinion ?

Would a backcross with Jamaican BM interesting? With another North Indian? With another Jamaican lambsbread? With a South Indian? Or would it be better to work only on selecting one or two sub lines in the F2 and work it?

Big respect :smoke:

Good morning little man :)

Canela has a strong Malana influence and personality. Crossing Canela with a jamaican is an interesting choice but i think it'd be more interesting work to the north indian side. Canela F2 seeds would produce a wide range of phenotypical variation but would allow you to find expressions you want in the finished product.

I talked this weekend with a friend which recollected past year in person different seeds from Malana and other charas sativas from North indian zone. Would be interesting to explore them.

Best wishes for week friend!

pescador

Hi Ingalls, :rasta:

Beautiful work! Can't wait for the smoke report. Have you sampled any yet before the cure?

Hey Dubi :wave:

Thanks for your help in trying to get me the seeds I ordered :) I hope there will be success on that as Ingalls' grow has reminded me of how exited I was when first hearing about this cross. It's all about the high :joint:

Thanks for what you are doing for this plant and all of us

Littleman

I think F2's would be fantastic and make sure to let us know if you do that :) These genes are extremely precious for no other reason alone that they represent important cultural areas of the world for weed.

I am dreaming now of crossing that with perhaps some bangi haze, and Nepalese jam to bring down the flowering time while maintaining hopefully the more uncommon high that these landraces offer, and I would love to cross it with a pure zamal and bring those beans to Jamaica. Spirit weed hopefully that would match what was dominant on the island back in the day. :rasta:

i just got back from a jamaican bar where this old rasta was telling me how back in the day, the rastaman's routine involved cleaning his place, smoking about 10 grams of herb in the chalice in the morning, and getting motivated energized and focused for a busy day of work ahead. It would be great to have more of that clear, up, expansive motivating anticoutlock high again.

cheers

:joint:

Ingalls

hi pescador,

thanks mate but i haven't try it now,

here's the canela#3,harvest very soon
similar to #2,type sativa hashplant,but hte smell is more complex,spicy/coffee

Canela#1 ,less trichomes but bigger flowers,the smell is quite complex too

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely colours Ingalls! :yummy:

Please, keep us updated with smoking test! dubi

Ingalls

just smoke my last canela bud
with a good cure the smell is very impressive,
just love to crack the bud and smell this deep coffee/chocolate fulling the room ..
the smoke is very sweet,creamy,coffee,earthy,some tend to be more spicy
the high is clear,make me dream ,i really like her in the early morning,but particulary when i play guitar,can't stop to play,very inspiring
I hope start the 6 others canela seeds soon,still have my 3 mothers and i can't choose..
very ,very good job Ace seeds,we are far from the typical dutch seeds ;o)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Ingalls! :smile:

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed Canela! :wink: I also love her special taste and effect. Thanks!

Unfortunatly, she wont be available for new catalogue. So if you like her, please save her in clone form and share genetics with neighbours! :rasta: Best wishes for new year!

G

Incredible pics Ingalls !

Looking at this, and reading your smoke report (we had same experience with the Canela it seems) makes me willing to do something for the line lol

Unfortunately, I have no time to grow the Canela myself because I want to study the lambsbread line but I love this strain and for sure would love to see her story continue. Let me know when you plan to pop your 6 seeds Ingalls, I have some too and this could be nice to enhance numbers, even if it is a F1 hybrid, it seems she has different phenos.

I agree the smell of the Canela is really something nice ! And the high was very enjoyable even if I grew it in one bud style, it was already a cool experience . :)