What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Half of plant droopy out of the blue

FrostAie

Half of one plant out of 36 is very droopy. Not droopy because of watering as they were watered yesterday. Not sure what would cause something like this the only thing I can notice are a few spots on the leaves. Grown in organic dairy doo soil and the only thing I am watering with is Calmag, a little silica, a little kelp and 1ml/gal of pure bloom soil blend from botanic are. The other plants do not seem to be effected in the greenhouse. My gut is telling me root aphids/gnats but I dont see anything flying around or floating at the top when I do a sample drench. I am hoping you guys could help or have seen something similar. I dont want this to happen to the rest. Plants are in 65 Gal fabric containers..

jaFuQa.jpg

jaFDne.jpg

jaFN5k.jpg

jaFfTx.jpg

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
my first inclination when looking at the pics was they are thirsty.
you mentioned you just watered them.....did you water them enough? those containers are quite large. maybe you didn't fully soak the soil down? has it been "extra" warm lately?

again.....just shooting from the hip until someone stops by with a better opinion.

-cap

T

Teddybrae

Could be ^^^. But only one plant? Everywhere is different but if that happened at my place I 'd be tilting that pot over and looking for termites ... good luck!

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
^^^not a bad point, either. they look pretty healthy now, but, if some pests go unchecked......you know the rest.

-cap

Great outdoors

I would say over watered. Do you have a moisture meter?
If so let it dry right out and then only small amounts forward.
If it is over watered and a root problem it may or may not recover.

rolandomota

Veteran
I had something similar happening I kept watering it died guess what it was ? Too much water oops too much love....so hold back on a watering or two mine was sucking up everyone's draining water and I ithink it was an og cross a d smaller so it was more sensitive to too much water the rest are loving the lots of h20 they can't get enough

Great outdoors

Simple rule of thumb.
Dry wilts from the bottom up.
Wet wilts from top down.

In other words dry you will notice first on the lower branches, wet starts from the cola working down.

FrostAie

I always wait till they are dried out between watering s. What was strange is only half the plant is effected. Everything else is praying hopefully it didn't rot at the base or like others mentioned above termites which would have to be under the soil surface. I water until about 10% runs off each pot. This plant was fine 12 hours before the pictures were taken. I will see how it looks in the morning thanks for everyone's input

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Half of one plant out of 36 is very droopy. Not droopy because of watering as they were watered yesterday. Not sure what would cause something like this the only thing I can notice are a few spots on the leaves. Grown in organic dairy doo soil and the only thing I am watering with is Calmag, a little silica, a little kelp and 1ml/gal of pure bloom soil blend from botanic are. The other plants do not seem to be effected in the greenhouse. My gut is telling me root aphids/gnats but I dont see anything flying around or floating at the top when I do a sample drench. I am hoping you guys could help or have seen something similar. I dont want this to happen to the rest. Plants are in 65 Gal fabric containers..

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
It is verticillium wilt.

Verticillium infects plants through the root system and spreads to the branches through the xylem vessels, clogging the lymph channels and eventually leading to wilting of some parts of the plant. As already mentioned, the progression of the disease is arbitrary, with plant damage taking from some weeks to several years to become apparent.

At this point, one or several branches start to dry out quickly, particularly at high temperatures. Another characteristic symptom is a brown discoloration in the xylem vessels, which can be observed by cutting off one of the affected branches. This causes gradual wilting of some parts of the plant at first and of the entire specimen if action is not taken, which eventually leads to the death of the plant.

Source: https://www.dinafem.org/en/blog/verticillium-fungus-causes-wilt/

Solutions given:

- better ventilation/space between the plants
- better drainage/less watering

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Thanks Tanzanianmagic I did apply some diatomaceous earth on the top about 3 weeks ago do you think it may have drained down and caused some clogging?
And the perlite seems to have drifted up, which would also reduce drainage/aeration.

Also, I would look at taking some foliage out of the center of the plant. Dense foliage only makes it easier for fungi and insects, and pruning would concentrate growth towards the tops.

FrostAie

I defoliate about once every 10 days it just turned out that row was due. I am guessing the DE and like you stated the perlite is causing some drainage issues. I wonder if i make some holes in bottoms and side if that would help or hurt the situation.

Great outdoors

I defoliate about once every 10 days it just turned out that row was due. I am guessing the DE and like you stated the perlite is causing some drainage issues. I wonder if i make some holes in bottoms and side if that would help or hurt the situation.

The more holes you can get in that pot and make it breathe the better. A fan on the soil if possible would help to.

FrostAie

Crazy you are still growing the Skankberry !!!!! love it

Crazy you are still growing the Skankberry !!!!! love it
I ran what you gave me then found one killer pheno by saving all them back in veg under a T5. Then I ran this out inside and made some fem seeds with some CS..Ran 12 and found the biggest one with great structure and had sugar grain size trichomes shooting out of it with a nice slight purple hue from the purple mob I would assume. I been running this select bitch hard in and out for a few years now and think it could be used as a good breeding mom due to its gigantic size and all traits...bag appeal, potency(hit 32.95%) yield is the best I have grown(out of 100s of crosses)It does 5-6 pounds easy in a 100 gal fabric pot and usually out performs anything I run it against by 30% or more in yield. It was 2016/2017 when I asked you what would be a bigger cross and you nailed it. I got a bunch of nice indoor pics i have to post in a proper post but I fixed this issue in my test greenhouse last year and ended up with a nice harvest for having 3 foot plants in 7 gal pots july 15 some ended up doing 2 pounds or more and saved my side grow

0MD5RF.jpg

0MDxyr.jpg

0MDwe7.jpg

0MDbJb.jpg

0MDX8T.jpg