What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Several issues? Maybe? #FirstTimeGrowing

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Flushing with a very very light solution (a solution with very light fert strength) won’t harm your plant.

Flushing is a great means of flushing toxicity out of soil. If you haven’t been getting any runoff then your ph might seriously be off. When the ph is out then your plant can’t take up nutrients efficiently.

Actually, I would flush with an Epsom salt solution. There’s many ways of flushing. Some might use a root stimulant in the French solution to minimise stress.

Last message, promise ;)

Ha7riD

So you’re feeding 32 flu. oz for one plant? That’s just under a litre in my mind. I water 7 litres for 4 plants; 1.75 litres per plant. That gets me good run off..

I suspect that you’re not watering enough and the feed you’ve been giving the plant might of built up. Like Fixer has mentioned, you need the run off when feeding.

My plants also droop when I water, usually when they’re not warm enough or the lights have come on. Plants can sometimes droop if the water is too cold or hot, it’s a sign that something is happening in the root system.

How long has the plant been in that pot? Did you transplant recently? If the plant isn’t established then that might be the reason it’s dropping every time you water.

I would follow the advice of Fixer above. That’s sound advice when watering in soil.

It was transplanted 5 weeks ago from a solo cup to a 3 gallon pot and has been flourishing since...but ever since its been dry its had problems...so after I flush it and get everything back to the way it should be...how much water roughly should I put in?

And what ppm should it be normally?

Ha7riD

Actually, I would flush with an Epsom salt solution. There’s many ways of flushing. Some might use a root stimulant in the French solution to minimise stress.

Last message, promise ;)

nah i appreciate every message cause I learn more...ive looked everywhere for any type of information and everything has been scattered or theres no actual data with it for what to do fully

Fixer

What Kalbhairay[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] said! If you soil is amended you probably don't need to add fertilizer. I'm feeding 600-800 ppm but I'm in coco which has no nutritive value. When I flush I go half strength.
[/FONT]

Ha7riD

Okay so the plant was dry to the touch today on the top. So I flushed it once and the water that came out was the same ph as it was going in.

One thing I did notice is when I put water on it today along with the other 2 there were very microscopic flying creatures.

Ha7riD

Did a little research and they seem to be gnats, they said a quick home remedy is to use hydrogen peroxide and water mixed, so i did this just now. Then I ordered sticky papers and then ordered Diatomaceous Earth too.

Im asuming im correct; but if not please let me know!

Ha7riD

Bump.

I also saw a thread on here for mosquito dunks for the gnats.

How will I know they are gone?

Will the plants leaves turn back green or will they stay discolored?

Fixer

I'm guessing that they are fungus gnats. I just keep sheets of sticky paper around the pots. If you keep them to a minimum a few won't harm your plants. You don't have to eliminate them completely.

You should limit your H2O2 use to extreme emergencies as it harms the beneficial bacteria and fungus in you media. I add Mycos and Azos from Extreme Gardening to add life to my coco. There are loads of alternatives. Consider adding them to your soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts