What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What could this be and , how do I treat it ?

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
I've decided this year to try my 1st outdoor plant

I'm in the N.E. Usa commonly known as New England...Pm is a known problem in this region so I became concerned it was that or potentially a fungus turns out it's neither it's some kind of bug...
This is the only spot I've seen so far but expect more to pop up.

To the eye it looks as if it was a bleeched spot or a white spot and that's what it looks like in the pic however if you hold it up to the light you notice it's not a spot but rather it's see through as if it were being eaten at the veins of the leaf
What will do this and what kind of remedy is there ? Organic / Natural products are preferred but I'm not advers to heavy artillery seeing as there are 60 to 70 days left before it's ready

picture.php

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I would say mites.

Not even as much as the blotch, which could be a lot oft things, however the fact that the right side is underdeveloped/eaten away and it's bending the leaf.

That means something was eating the right edge of the leaf, and they're small enough not to leave any large hold or chomps (caterpillars) out of the leaf.

This looks most like it, although in a more advanced state. Also, not all mites make webs.

https://www.dutch-headshop.eu/blog/leaf-problems-with-cannabis-plants-life-threatening-diseases

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
I've delt with mites many times it's not mites ..Mites cant eat away at the membrane I'm thinking moth's it could be a caterpillar but I haven't seen any.I don't want to have to kill a caterpillar...I mean I will I just prefer not too.

RED 1

I've delt with mites many times it's not mites ..Mites cant eat away at the membrane I'm thinking moth's it could be a caterpillar but I haven't seen any.I don't want to have to kill a caterpillar...I mean I will I just prefer not too.

After a good watering it's possible mites have been washed off, but,you said it's not that
Slugs with netting on the ground, difficult unless plants next to her carry any
On a leaf caught a small cricket, and,have seen wasps sitting a couple of times on leaves?
I'm on the lookout to see whether either of those two are chewing on trem,or,something else in flight

buzzmobile

Veteran
Could be one of the leaf skeletonizer caterpillars. Bacillus thuringiensis is an organic control.
Bt

Checking your plants late at night or the early morning hours is the best way to catch caterpillars in the act.

Latest posts

Latest posts