What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

unseen new bug, or something else

something is happening to all the new growth on 24 outside plants, I treated for aphids with bonners soap a week ago, but now I see all my plants seem to have all the new growth is being eaten by something, (kinda like a caterpillers, but not, all the green new growth is being eaten, all that is left r the veins of the leaves, I can find no bugs, this will b my 56th out door grow, I've dealt with a lot of things, broad mites have been the hardest, got rid of them with heat, any help would b appreciated, I got no pic.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Get up early before sunrise and grab a flashlight to check your plants. There are a couple of 'could be' critters that come to mind. Skeletonizer caterpillars and flea beetles are possibilities. Caterpillars leave 'frass' (insect poop) behind when they are feeding. Have you noticed any pellets?

Get up early before sunrise and grab a flashlight to check your plants. There are a couple of 'could be' critters that come to mind. Skeletonizer caterpillars and flea beetles are possibilities. Caterpillars leave 'frass' (insect poop) behind when they are feeding. Have you noticed any pellets?
thanks for the reply, checked for bugs n cat. in the predawn two days a go found nothing, at the rate i'm losing leaf matter, my plant don't have much more time, every top of new growth is damaged, it's like I can look at my plant/plants go in the house, come back out in a hour or two n see more damage, could some kind of virus or something in my soil b causing this I wonder

well it looks like this grow is trash, had 4 growers look at my grow, they all said what nice plants I have, except for all the new growth sites (3000 of then) look like something is eating at them, told them know bugs, I told two of the guys i'll give them a buck a bug for what they can find, they came back at midnight n went looking, well it cost me 2 bucks, they found 1 cat n a hopper they couldn't catch, it's got to be some like of disease, I forgot to mention that I had a flood this year n my garden was under water for a week, but my front garden with corn, tom, cum beans, all look great, if I have some kinda disease what can I do for it? I have flushing ring around all my plant n flushed every plant with ph river water 2 days ago didn't seem to help, i'll give then a compost tea tomarrow, any idea u people got lets here um, I don't think a picture will help,, it looks like something is eating at my plants

outlawjohn78

IMG_20200705_175815361.jpg

IMG_20200705_175734263.jpg

IMG_20200705_174801635_BURST001.jpg

IMG_20200705_174759493_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20200705_174801635_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20200705_175723380.jpg

IMG_20200705_174852276.jpg

IMG_20200705_175759927.jpg

IMG_20200705_174759493_BURST001.jpg

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
+ problem is not only the bugs, they are vectors for viruses/fungi/mold/bacterias

i would use something in combination for both, you can t do much against viruses tho

deformed growths are sign of something more than critters

+ problem is not only the bugs, they are vectors for viruses/fungi/mold/bacterias

i would use something in combination for both, you can t do much against viruses tho

deformed growths are sign of something more than critters
thanks for the input,, I chopped everything, got a few friend that r going to give me a few smaller plants n hope i have no problems

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
It looks like the damage from several insects:

- leafhoppers
- grasshoppers
- spidermites

On the other hand, if the plants just keep growing... The strategy against insects is

- water and feed less
- have other plants around to serve as a distraction, especially small flowered plants attract insects with carniverous larvae (hover flies, wasps)
- spray beneficial bacteria on the plants, so the insects become allies and track around Subtilis and mycorrhizal fungi, instead of mildew and botrytis.

Latest posts

Latest posts