What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why my plant don’t grow??

PTnewgrower

They are 5 northern light auto in outdoor, composition of my soil is 40%soil, 25%perlite, 25%humus, 10%vermiculit and argila on the bottom. Stop growing at 2week and still stopped with no more than 3cm I just watering till now “3week” and half..some help please

Attachments

• C95E9A97-6AC2-4F29-AD5D-B570709D76AA.jpg
    C95E9A97-6AC2-4F29-AD5D-B570709D76AA.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 20
  • F6FE2D6C-E1CB-427D-A25E-B551B68E30D4.jpg
    F6FE2D6C-E1CB-427D-A25E-B551B68E30D4.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 75AE829E-F721-4920-AECC-D33AC5336876.jpg
    75AE829E-F721-4920-AECC-D33AC5336876.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 18

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
They are 5 northern light auto in outdoor, composition of my soil is 40%soil, 25%perlite, 25%humus, 10%vermiculit and argila on the bottom. Stop growing at 2week and still stopped with no more than 3cm I just watering till now “3week” and half..some help please
Just give the plant 0.4 EC of a high P/K nutrient and 0.1 EC of epsom salt, watering slowly and thoroughly. Don't water or feed again until the soil is no longer wet in the morning. Use plain water the next time.

This will allow the roots to grow, which will eventually lead to greater growth in the plant.

PTnewgrower

First of all thank you..so, I can’t measure the EC yet I just start and waiting for some stuff like PH/EC/PPM and I’m growing organic. What you suggest?ash wood and egg shell?some tea with banana and ash hood?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
First of all thank you..so, I can’t measure the EC yet I just start and waiting for some stuff like PH/EC/PPM and I’m growing organic. What you suggest?ash wood and egg shell?some tea with banana and ash hood?
You could use 1/8th the recommended amount of a high P flowering food. Same for epsom salt.

However you should get an EC and pH meter anyway, if only to measure runoff when something is wrong.

Also, there is nothing worse than growing a plant for weeks or months, and then accidentally overfeed and kill the roots for instance.

Personally I've made my own nutrients with fermenting cannabis or stinging nettle leaves with reed sugar and water. Keep the leaves below the brine and put it in a dark warm place for two weeks. It works great with supersoil, it also keeps insects away and acts like a tonic. All the nutrients in the leaves are dissolved into the kombucha. Plus it has enzymes and fungi/bacteria, and sugar to keep them going.

If you want to go the organic route, that's a way to do it.

However at the low doses I've recommended, synthetic nutrients won't make a huge difference to an organic grow.

PTnewgrower

You could use 1/8th the recommended amount of a high P flowering food. Same for epsom salt.

However you should get an EC and pH meter anyway, if only to measure runoff when something is wrong.

Also, there is nothing worse than growing a plant for weeks or months, and then accidentally overfeed and kill the roots for instance.

Personally I've made my own nutrients with fermenting cannabis or stinging nettle leaves with reed sugar and water. Keep the leaves below the brine and put it in a dark warm place for two weeks. It works great with supersoil, it also keeps insects away and acts like a tonic. All the nutrients in the leaves are dissolved into the kombucha. Plus it has enzymes and fungi/bacteria, and sugar to keep them going.

If you want to go the organic route, that's a way to do it.

However at the low doses I've recommended, synthetic nutrients won't make a huge difference to an organic grow.
I will do all of that,thank you.. what is the best soil for you and when I can feeding for the first time? I talk about autoflowers

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I will do all of that,thank you.. what is the best soil for you and when I can feeding for the first time? I talk about autoflowers
I would prepare the soil by giving the high P/K nutrient solution right away. Low nitrogen content means it can't burn the roots. Higher P actually makes the soil more mild because it raises relatively lowers nitrogen content.

The need for nitrogen in plants is highly overstated. It is the growth nutrient, and most growth happens in late flower, which is why that's why most real nitrogen deficiency shows up. The rest of the time it is mainly nitrogen lockout because of underwatering.

Nitrogen has a tendency to bind to oxygen atoms (NO3), so there is relatively much nitrogen in the air, very little in topsoil and none in subsoil. Plants take up nitrogen the way they do CO2, through the leaves, and some deposit it as nodules in the roots - like legumes.

Magnesium (epsom salt or MgSO4) is much more important in keeping the leaves green and phototropic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts