What's new

Any clue?

xXkcgrowXx

hello all. Just your first time grower once again asking for some insight.
4 plants GSC x MIDNIGHT 3 gallon fabric pots with mother earth ground swell soil. I have top dressed a little bit of (less than half strength) down to earth bio fish. I use declorinated tap water ph'd to 6.5. Have some strange stuff going on with some leaves on one plant and just want an opinion on the others.

Thanks in advanced

xXkcgrowXx

Here are the pictures of the plants

Attachments

• 20200605_200518.jpg
    20200605_200518.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200605_200551.jpg
    20200605_200551.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200605_200553.jpg
    20200605_200553.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200605_200556.jpg
    20200605_200556.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200605_200557.jpg
    20200605_200557.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200605_200603.jpg
    20200605_200603.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 17

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Maybe the ground is too cold, and the plants aren't taking up potassium, maybe magnesium too. The curling of the leaves also indicates some pH issues.

The pH is also too low for organic soil. 7.0 pH is better and allows for more P and K to be taken up. It is also better for the anaerobic microbes/bacteria.

Also, organic nutrients are raw materials, which need to be broken down by microbes. If you mix a supersoil, you give the bacteria a lot of material to break down. The rest is just feeding the bacteria so they break down more organic matter. Which is exactly what plants do - feed microbes with carbon and calories. And wick up water from the depths of the earth.

V

voidpainter

check your pH meter, is it calibrated? My buddy had similar issues, thought he was pHing to 6.5, he wasn’t, it was 5.8. Check it.

Do a slurry test with your soil too.

Might be K, biofish is 7-7-2. I can see long yellow tips.

Might be cold, 68F is quite low and the plants look droopy. Combine cold with overwatering and all sorts of shit happens.

Raise temps, check pH accuracy, don’t overwater. Report back.

xXkcgrowXx

check your pH meter, is it calibrated? My buddy had similar issues, thought he was pHing to 6.5, he wasn’t, it was 5.8. Check it.

Do a slurry test with your soil too.

Might be K, biofish is 7-7-2. I can see long yellow tips.

Might be cold, 68F is quite low and the plants look droopy. Combine cold with overwatering and all sorts of shit happens.

Raise temps, check pH accuracy, don’t overwater. Report back.

Its been a little cooler since we have been getting a lot of rain. And 68° temp was about 10 minutes after the light turned on. Normal temp while light is on is about 73 to 76° and I have been using a ph kit with the vial test not a pen. What is a slurry test? And for watering I usually water every one to two days with a sprayer. Very little to no run off. Could that be the issue? Should I flush and get some run off?

V

voidpainter

I might have been to quick on the K but Im not sure. That high N and P fertilizer threw me off.

Is there anything else you are seeing? Check the whole plant. Bottom growth ok? Middle growth? I see issues on top growt.

Might nail it down better if you answer some more questions.

What are you using to pH the water? What is the pH of your tap water?

Are these your first plants with this tap water?

How old are the plants? When did the problem start to show? A week or so after topdressing? Prior?

Might be Ca on second look. Have u spotted any twisted leaf blades, crooked tips or something along these lines?

Might be enough to try watering with 7.0 pH. Ca uptake is better around 7-ish if you water has the right amount.

From what I can read on the soil label it’s a very light mix and they also recommend fertilizing after 2 weeks. Maybe you should have went with a more balanced NPK ammendment. Maybe some organic 3-3-3 pellets etc.

Your 7-7-2 fish would work fine as a growth booster but given that your medium is very light in nutes the plants could appreciate a more all around fertilizer with a balanced NPK, Ca, Mg and other micronutrients.

I bet down to earth has a good one, im not familiar with this manufacturer tho.

Last edited:

xXkcgrowXx

I might have been to quick on the K but Im not sure. That high N and P fertilizer threw me off.

Is there anything else you are seeing? Check the whole plant. Bottom growth ok? Middle growth? I see issues on top growt.

Might nail it down better if you answer some more questions.

What are you using to pH the water? What is the pH of your tap water?

Are these your first plants with this tap water?

How old are the plants? When did the problem start to show? A week or so after topdressing? Prior?

Might be Ca on second look. Have u spotted any twisted leaf blades, crooked tips or something along these lines?

Might be enough to try watering with 7.0 pH. Ca uptake is better around 7-ish if you water has the right amount.

From what I can read on the soil label it’s a very light mix and they also recommend fertilizing after 2 weeks. Maybe you should have went with a more balanced NPK ammendment. Maybe some organic 3-3-3 pellets etc.

Your 7-7-2 fish would work fine as a growth booster but given that your medium is very light in nutes the plants could appreciate a more all around fertilizer with a balanced NPK, Ca, Mg and other micronutrients.

I bet down to earth has a good one, im not familiar with this manufacturer tho.

Just a few leaves on the top on one plant. Today I noticed some fungus gnats so I am treating those. The plants are just over 6 weeks from seed
Tap water comes out at about 8 to 8.2 as far as the leaves go most look good some are torn but over all look good. Its also a plant I defoliated quite a bit. I stopped by my local hydro store and got some calmag. It was suggested that I flushed the plants for the next two water cycles and test the PH of the run off. I started today with the water closer to 7. I also picked up a ph pen and calibrated it. I top dressed the plants 6 days ago. I also ordered some "killer tea" and I am currently waiting for it to show up. And yes these are my first plants with tap water. (This is also my first grow ever) this issue has started to appear within the last 2 to 3 days.

D

Deep State

Do you have enough air circulation?
I have had weird symptoms similar to those which was from poor air circulation.

Latest posts

Latest posts