What's new

911! Loss of turgor?

F2F

Hello All,

Just moved my plants outside. Watered and fertilized night before. All other plants are happy as bees knees. One purple satellite was bent halfway over like there is no turgor pressure. Any help appreciated. Will post pic soon.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
F2F

F2F

The shock of moving from indoors to outdoors may be what is happening.

Could be BM. Odd none of the others are affected. There are three others of this same cross happy as a clam. But, maybe this expression is sensitive? (Baglung Nepalese x Oaxacan Gold)

It was happy yesterday and last night at 10pm, then boom, wilt. Humidity is very high here. Media was moist on top but wondered if it was dry underneath (felt a little light weight) so I hit it with rainwater a few minutes ago and staked it up. Running promix + perlite, molasses, Great White, PBP Grow (15ml/gal). We will see. These are to go to their guerilla patch tomorrow so I hope she perks up.

Here she is:
picture.php

And staked now.
picture.php

Cheers
F2F

F2F

Thanks for the feedback TM.

Maybe? But I wouldn’t guess so. Perspective is skewed due to camera angle. These stretched a lot as the strain/expression wants to grow straight up with no branching whatsoever. Here is the group three days back. The afflicted one is far left. I won’t discount your thoughts entirely though.

picture.php

Cheers,
F2F

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Thanks for the feedback TM.

Maybe? But I wouldn’t guess so. Perspective is skewed due to camera angle. These stretched a lot as the strain/expression wants to grow straight up with no branching whatsoever. Here is the group three days back. The afflicted one is far left. I won’t discount your thoughts entirely though.

View Image

Cheers,
F2F
Basically a plant needs 1 gallon of soil for every 1 foot of expected growth.

The effect is that there isn't enough K absorption (thin, wooded stems, purple leaf stems). There is no branching out, because the roots can't expand and the plant senses the lack of stability.

Soil isn't hydro. In hydro the roots can expand into the reservoir and grow very fast into water. Soil is slower for root growth, and the roots need space within the soil.

troutman

Seed Whore
Too much sun too fast. Place them in the shade for a few days before placing them under full Sun.
Like it was mentioned, they need more soil ASAP.

F2F

TroutM and TanzM,

Thanks guys. I believe you’re correct. And, added complication perhaps of too much molasses. I eyeballed it when adding and think I may have also created a hypertonic media. The one pictured is most sensitive, but the others started doing similar, just a little, yesterday. A flush with distilled + cal mag straightened everything up fine in 12hr. They’re all going into the patch tomorrow (60ft3 2:2:1 Promix/native soil/perlite), 3/4” rainfall predicted day after so I hope to be ok. I’ll keep that formula in my back pocket. Good one to have.

(Purple stems come from the Nepali and purple selection of Oax by Vermontman)

Thanks again gents,
F2F

Latest posts

Latest posts