What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

industrial plant under SF2000

bigpeter

Ok here I go again, first grow under the SF2000 was a bit of a failure, I did end up with around 5 ounces from 1 plant scrogged but I know it could have been better. So I've germinated 3 industrial plants from Dinafem. All popped up on 14 February, I selected the strongest looking and put it in a 3.5 gallon smartpot filled with rinsed and buffered coco coir. The light is 80 cm above the seedlings it's growing with incredibly short internodes. Pictures are at 15 days old. I see a spider has made its home under the leaves. :)

bigpeter

This plant is growing unlike any other I've ever grown. Very healthy compact and bushy. I'm feeding on a 500ppm solution of Phostrogen water soluble NPK 14-10-27 with micro nutrients, a few ml of dutch pro take root and a dose of recharge once a week. Will be topping sometime soon as it will be going into a scrog setup.

picture.php

bigpeter

Day 27. I nipped the top off 6 days ago and its now putting more energy into growing side branches which is what I want for scrogging. Still growing in very compact manner.

picture.php

bigpeter

Time for a progress report, I've now got the screen put in place and done a little trimming. I'll be going to 12/12 in a week or two. I have a few brown spots on some of the lower leaves even though I have been giving it a few mls of calmag at every feed so I decided to change the feed completely. I'm now feeding with H&G cocos A&B plus a few ml of Dutch Pro take root and recharge.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks awesome man, I'm looking forward to seeing how this grow finishes up for you. I just started veg with the SF1000 and noticed the same thing you have, it is incredible how tight the nodes grow under these LEDs. I would be interested if a more sativa leaning strain would have tighter nodes as well...

bigpeter

I'm so bored with this lockdown I thought I'd add another update. Plant is now galloping along nicely and as it will stretch around 100% I thought I'd put her into 12/12 today. If I've done this right and worked out the space between the lamp and the top of the canopy I'll have the perfect amount of space. There are a few empty spaces at the edges which I'll be able to train some of the branches into.

picture.php

This plant is claimed to be a heavy yielder with a flowering time of only 45-50 days

picture.php

This is the tray that the plant sits in, its a custom made stainless steel tray with a hole in the corner that has a hose attached underneath that drains into a bucket, the plant itself sits on a trivet that keeps it an inch off of the surface. The whole thing is installed into an old wooden wardrobe, great stealth.. The wardrobe has an extractor fan under the tray that is hooked up to a carbon filter. It works well as when I try to open the door the suction tries to keep the door shut.

picture.php

bigpeter

! week into flowering, a little stretching going on. She looks so healthy and is doing very well. I cant wait to see how she buds up. Currently being given 1 gallon twice a day of 17 ml H&G cocos A and B, drip clean, dutch pro take root, liquid silicon, drain to wastewith around 1 litre run off. I am very impressed with the spider farmer 2000 combined with coco. I wont be using any other method in the future

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php