What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics - A5Haze S1 + Bandaid Haze 7 x A5Haze fem TEST

LostTribe

Premium user
Welcome Everyone!

I am Very Very Grateful to have the opportunity to test both of these infamous strains! Just starting out and I hope to get some new pics up in the coming days.

picture.php

I started 3 seeds of each strain and am happy to report that after 72 hours all 6 cracked and were planted in canna coco and placed under a mix of cfl and led bulbs to get going. After an additional 48 hours all 6 have sprouted. Once they get going I plan to put them under a dimmable 400w Hortilux Super HPS. Planning to feed Botanicare PBP line with minimal additives.

I have been considering a quantum board build for this grow, but plans are on hold as I really don't want to chance anything with the supplier right now as they are located in mainland China, but really want to see how these type of plants will respond to this type of lighting and spectrum. So that may come about later in growth.

Again Much Thanks to KG for this opportunity and I am very excited to see how these strains grow out and compare to the Haze varieties I have become familiar with over the years.

Best
LT

THC123

Veteran
Good luck, I'm tagging along!!

Yeah I am also avoiding ordering anything from China atm....

LostTribe

Premium user
Just a quick update. All 6 are growing now but 1 of the A5's is a major run, may have damaged the tap root removing from paper towel although I was extremely careful. The other 5 are looking fine.

3 A5Haze with a couple Nevils in there for comparison
picture.php

3 Bandaid Haze 7 x A5
picture.php

A5 runt
picture.php

I am giving it time to see if it might turn the corner but not sure it will make it.

Heres some new pics of the BK v2.0 cured about 8 weeks now. This is the one that went purplish.
picture.php

Best
LT

nickman

Veteran
I’ve broken the tap root plenty of times when removing them from the wet paper towels... never had a problem though...!!!...

LostTribe

Premium user
Nice :) Lets see how they grow ! Happy to see you LT :D

Nice to see you too and finally got some Nevil's going after years of drooling all over your NH thread for far too long!

Hope All these blow my mind can't wait!

Update: Looks like the A5 runt isn't going to pull through but the rest are moving right along.

Best,
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey LT, good to see you on board.
Any update?

Hey RF,

I am also following along on your rockwool ladies which look lovely!

I just got mine going about a week ago, so they are slightly bigger than the previous pic. I am hoping to get all of them under a bigger light by tomorrow so they will really take off.

I am probably going to replace the stunted runt with another A5 as it hasn't moved in days. Probably my fault. They weren't at an ideal temp the first day of germination and I might have damaged the root tip upon planting. The other 2 A5 look fine and are doing well.

I will post some more pics toward the end of the week.

Best
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
Karma, if you happen to see this please advise on recommendation for veg/bloom light cycles etc on these. Wasn't sure if you would recommend them maybe needing to go early into 12/12 and so on like a pure sativa. Thanks again!

I was checking my notes and show that I vegged the Purple Old-timers Haze for 4-5 weeks under 24/0 before going to 12/12 later to 11/13 and finished under 10/14. But they were long finishers at 20 weeks as I may have selected the longer pheno.

I think I am going to give them a bit more time but don't want them to get out of hand. I should be able to move them to a space w more height after 6 weeks or so. Don't think it will be an issue and have plenty of space for them in there current setup. I got the hps going dimmed to 250w to let them adjust and will get a pic up asap.

Best
LT

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Karma, if you happen to see this please advise on recommendation for veg/bloom light cycles etc on these. Wasn't sure if you would recommend them maybe needing to go early into 12/12 and so on like a pure sativa. Thanks again!

I was checking my notes and show that I vegged the Purple Old-timers Haze for 4-5 weeks under 24/0 before going to 12/12 later to 11/13 and finished under 10/14. But they were long finishers at 20 weeks as I may have selected the longer pheno.

I think I am going to give them a bit more time but don't want them to get out of hand. I should be able to move them to a space w more height after 6 weeks or so. Don't think it will be an issue and have plenty of space for them in there current setup. I got the hps going dimmed to 250w to let them adjust and will get a pic up asap.

Best
LT

:tiphat:
I was also going to ask Karma about the flowering light cycle for the A5s1, but I think ill just wait here for his response.

Last edited:

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
I have always run the Cut at 12.12 from small vegged bushy plants, 5 a square meter, flower 16 weeks.

As for the S1.s i suggest flip under 30cm hight, and start at 12.12 can always go down afther 13 ore 14 weeks if needed.

They will stretch for 4 weeks for shure.

Treat them as a sativa, apart from feeding as they do eat heavy, end flower lower the N and up the K heavy.

LostTribe

Premium user
I have always run the Cut at 12.12 from small vegged bushy plants, 5 a square meter, flower 16 weeks.

As for the S1.s i suggest flip under 30cm hight, and start at 12.12 can always go down afther 13 ore 14 weeks if needed.

They will stretch for 4 weeks for shure.

Treat them as a sativa, apart from feeding as they do eat heavy, end flower lower the N and up the K heavy.

So from seed the plan is to keep vegging under 24/0 possibly top and flip to 12/12 at ~12 inches reduce light cycle to 11/13 or so after 13 to 14 weeks.

I do hope to top them atleast once.

Nevil said that these long flowering hazes could be topped even a few weeks into bloom and would still perform and if they are anything like old-timers some may get crazy and greatly benefit from topping and tying them down.

I checked them and watered. Going to get them on drippers, but wanted a wet dry cycle to get them going plus I need to get some more emitters and connectors.

RO
calmag @250ppm (all on 700 scale)
pbp grow up to 600 total ppm
ph 6.0

Thanks for tuning in!
LT

Latest posts

Latest posts