What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Male Isolation Chamber

hesh

Great idea JLP, thanks for sharing. I'll have to go pick up some stuff to make one of these soon. I've got a couple crosses in mind that this will be perfect for. :chin:

blAsia

Niiiice... I'll build one tomorrow...males are about to explode.

$40 - 60???? You shop at Nordstrom or Saks???

Big Lots for me, man

I got my container at Target recently. I've been looking for a few months and these are perfect. I think they just got them recently. They have an overlapping lid which is better than all the other containers I have examined and they are completely clear.

Rubbermaid Revelations 31 qt. (pic is provided in the link so you know what to look for) under $5 I think

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml?prodId=HPProd100222

JonnybeGood...I got my fan and cord at an electrical supply store. They sell all kinds of miscellaneous electrical supplies...kinda like Radio Shack except they have way more of a selection of the miscellaneous things. I think I paid $16 for an Axial fan and the power supply was $3. Just call around and ask for an Axial fan and power supply. I got mine with steel bearings.

Hope that helps

JC

Last edited:
genius. stoners, err scratch that, growers (the smartest stoners) are the smartest people alive. always somethin clever when it comes to a neccesity.

G

Facinating!

Good idea JLP,

there is a WEALTH of information here! hehehehe

I was looking for something to keep the boys in the flower room and not cause problems, but I was thinking about using silkscreen - like in bubble bags - if it will go small enough - then you could have a "Box Tent"

I'm having some drawbacks - like watering - -maybe leave the pot and roots, out of the tent

Does anybody know how big a cannabis pollen grain is?

next question - how long - generally speaking does a male need to be in 12/12 to get a good sample?

Thanks all!

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I have a seperate cab in the same room as the flower cab. This cab has a carbon filter that works vary well on any odors and in filtering pollen.

But I just wanted to mention that I had a problem with just one male pollenating the current females in my flower cab.

I know now it was the pollen that entered the atmosphere of the room the cabs were in and was sucked into the flower cab by the vent system pollenating the females.

So my point is to make sure you do not allow pollen to escape from your isolatioon camber.

I also only opened the isolation cab after do my business in the veg and flower cabs to avoid contamination.

Just my observations.

minds_I

G

I did find an article that said Cannabis pollen is 25-30 microns, round in shape - generally pretty consistant.

Bubble bags have a 25 micron screen - now I want to see if there is a mesh available in the 10-15 micron scale.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
SolarT said:
I did find an article that said Cannabis pollen is 25-30 microns, round in shape - generally pretty consistant
Correct, Ive got Clarkes MJ botany on my lap and it says..
""The pollen grains are nearly spherical,slightly yellow, and 25 - 30 microns (u) in diameter. The surface is smooth and exhibits 2 to4 germ pores.""
If you could get some screen material of say 15 microns youd be golden

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I would think that such a fine mesh prefilter would soon clog from ordinary dust and airbourn particulates.

I have this problem with 1/8" screen prefilter near the floor and it builds up and restricts flow. It must be clean regularly or my temps rise as a result of restricted airflow. This is my experience anyway.

minds_I

G

Males don't require the time in flower females do - - somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks and I'd be done with the male - possible even less time.

A seperate room is an option - but that would likely be CFL lighting -

Which makes better breeders - filtered HPS (10 micron screen will have a filter effect - or reflective factor for the lighting) or unfiltered CFL?

Out in the back yard is another option - but at the moment there is a foot and a half of snow.

Frogger

donutsandwich said:
genius. stoners, err scratch that, growers (the smartest stoners) are the smartest people alive. always somethin clever when it comes to a neccesity.
so true :rasta: now if we can get them working on cold fusion :wave:

Frogger

minds_I said:
Hello all,

I have a seperate cab in the same room as the flower cab. This cab has a carbon filter that works vary well on any odors and in filtering pollen.

But I just wanted to mention that I had a problem with just one male pollenating the current females in my flower cab.

I know now it was the pollen that entered the atmosphere of the room the cabs were in and was sucked into the flower cab by the vent system pollenating the females.

So my point is to make sure you do not allow pollen to escape from your isolatioon camber.

I also only opened the isolation cab after do my business in the veg and flower cabs to avoid contamination.

Just my observations.

minds_I
minds I...I love your filter bet that would make a sweet smoke room air filter :wave: put one on the coffee table and one in the kitchen :joint: bet it would get rid of all the smell :wave:

Last edited:

temp303

bump thought i give this tread a bump as i needed it an others might 2 thanks chubbynugs 4 pointing me this way
green thumbs temp :)

temp303

lol its jus a stupid poem man tbh after bout half a spliff im nice but it doesnt work lol try it adding another syllable she jus cannat do e captain! but 4 u ill work on it :badday:

Last edited: