What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

De-bugging mulch question - Sevin?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I put pine straw on my potted soil cause it was icing outside and it was what I could get. I know better than to use pine, so I picked up some wheat straw today while at the feed store getting food for the pond fish. IMO, the straw might be a good way to need IPM, which I don't have yet.

I pre-nest my Martin gourds with pine straw that I treat with a dusting of Sevin before I put it in. The birds and babies do just fine, and mites are always a threat. It's what I am doing today - got 64 gourds to get up. Mites are what I target with the seven.

Can I treat my wheat straw mulch with Sevin dust before I put it on the living soil, to thwart the mites that surely infest the straw? I will need to top feed and water through it, so Sevin will get into the soil if I do. My body doesn't care.

Shoulda asked Chris.

dammit.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I did, he thinks I am an idiot. The bird gourds are still getting the stuff. How do you delete a thread?

It would be nice if a stoned thread author could quietly delete a thread with this new fangled software.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts