What's new

Silver thiosulfate on male plants

brickweeder

the males will develop male flowers whether you apply sts or not, and the females will reverse to develop male flowers with with XX. If you use the pollen but don't know the sex before applying sts, you will not be able to tell if you are making fems or regs unless you separately clone and flower.

the males will develop male flowers whether you apply sts or not, and the females will reverse to develop male flowers with with XX. If you use the pollen but don't know the sex before applying sts, you will not be able to tell if you are making fems or regs unless you separately clone and flower.

Yeah, i'm sorry, i should have deleted this post...So stupid!

Amynamous

I disagree with the second half of this statement. Every time i have used STS, even if i spray a week before I flip to 12/12, the plants still develop female flowers along with the pollen sacks.

My question would be, if a male were sprayed with STS, would the pollen still be fertile?

brickweeder

I disagree with the second half of this statement. Every time i have used STS, even if i spray a week before I flip to 12/12, the plants still develop female flowers along with the pollen sacks.
You may need to make a minor adjustment to your sts application process. I generally do 2 or 3 applications and get full reversals. Try adding one more sts application at flip to your current method and see what you get. Some strains reverse easily, and some less easily.

...My question would be, if a male were sprayed with STS, would the pollen still be fertile?

Who knows? i am of the opinion that applying sts to males serves no purpose.

hellfire

No sts for males, doesn't make proper reversal.
It is ethephon you want and the female flowers made are smokeable unlike STS.