What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COLLOIDAL SILVER FAILED

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
I used this, its my first time.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01DFJIX74/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Diluted it with distilled water, to give me 25ppm.

Sprayed 1 time a day, the entire plant dripping. From D4, until D20

I got no pollen/male growth, flowering continued as usual.

Did I use the wrong product or did I not spray enough? Plant was on ege of canopy not getting a tonne of light, but still, should have been enough to produce at least some pollen.

brickweeder

I used this, its my first time.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01DFJIX74/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Diluted it with distilled water, to give me 25ppm.

Sprayed 1 time a day, the entire plant dripping. From D4, until D20

I got no pollen/male growth, flowering continued as usual.

Did I use the wrong product or did I not spray enough? Plant was on ege of canopy not getting a tonne of light, but still, should have been enough to produce at least some pollen.

I've found reversals with CS to be unreliable compared to STS. I've tried CS with various concentrations and daily spraying on 3 clones, and none reversed. Once I switched to STS, my reversals were successful. For me, STS is much more effective and reliable, I just have to be patient and make sure to not over apply the sts.

I still use CS to spray my clones for 1 week before flip to lightly dose the plants with silver before the main show, then apply STS 2x, once at flip and once 3 or 4 days later. Then PATIENTLY wait. If I don't see signs of male flower dev after2 weeks, I may spray with sts 1 more time.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Rather than diluting it, I would have evaporated some of the water out of it to make it stronger.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That CS has plenty of Silver. . You have to soak the plant well starting day 1 and everyday for many weeks. I think I sprayed everyday for 2 weeks using CS I made. No way to really know how much silver is really in those. You can make your own CS reactor for cheap. I stopped using CS years ago. You will get much better results using STS. To make STS it will cast about 80$ for both chems needed.

[youtubeif]p0Ucg5hHdb4[/youtubeif]

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Store bought colloidal silver usually test much lower than what is advertised on the bottle( test strength of bought CS first)
When i used to use CS i would brew my own to minimum 30 ppm for best results.
I sprayed everyday untill it was fully transformed

bibi40

Just had a try with Cs i bought , 40 ppm , i had use it like that for 12 days , spray 2 or 3 times a day , after those 12 days i had to wait 7 days before the male flowers appears ,

now it' s totally reverse ,
so don't worry male flowers can appears in few days ...

good luck !!!

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Rather than diluting it, I would have evaporated some of the water out of it to make it stronger.

It was 500ppm out of the bottle and 112ml was $25 CAD, trying to keep it low budget and was hoping to make this bottle last for a few seed projects

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Just had a try with Cs i bought , 40 ppm , i had use it like that for 12 days , spray 2 or 3 times a day , after those 12 days i had to wait 7 days before the male flowers appears ,

now it' s totally reverse ,
so don't worry male flowers can appears in few days ...

good luck !!!

I guess 25ppm is on lower end, and I only go in the room 1x per day, don't want to have to spray 2-3x per day, I am the end of WEEK #7 today, still no male flowers, so its a done deal I think

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Right,
don t diluting it; like ojd said, 30 ppm mini, 40 is ok. you can use an EC meter to check.

I read that measuring with ec/tds meter doesn't work... Not sure if that applies or how accurate but that's what it says on these product pages of the premade CS. I guess I was low either way with 25ppm 1X per day

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
I've found reversals with CS to be unreliable compared to STS. I've tried CS with various concentrations and daily spraying on 3 clones, and none reversed. Once I switched to STS, my reversals were successful. For me, STS is much more effective and reliable, I just have to be patient and make sure to not over apply the sts.

I still use CS to spray my clones for 1 week before flip to lightly dose the plants with silver before the main show, then apply STS 2x, once at flip and once 3 or 4 days later. Then PATIENTLY wait. If I don't see signs of male flower dev after2 weeks, I may spray with sts 1 more time.

That sounds like a lot less work, 2-3 applications total, versus 2-3 per day for 2 weeks! I am a low effort gardener currently, its the best I can do atm... will look into sts

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just be careful buying Silver Nitrate packed with a home made label. The only company Ive bought my Silver Nitrate from is Chem Savers. It comes sealed with the proper labeling. Any that are labeled as ACS, 99.9+% should be fine. Buy sodium thiosulfate anhydrous if you can. Pentahydrate will look different and the recipe requires more to make STS..

Latest posts

Latest posts