What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CHEM D - Fake or Real?

Asiatica

Peace
I got a cut of CHEM D from Phinest at Emerald Cup in 2018.
Ran it a few times and its bomb.
Want to know if its the real deal or not.

Does anyone have experience with this cut?
Is it legit?
The cut I have puts out variegated leaves in veg.
Any pics or information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Coeus

Peace
I got a cut of CHEM D from Phinest at Emerald Cup in 2018.
Ran it a few times and its bomb.
Want to know if its the real deal or not.

Does anyone have experience with this cut?
Is it legit?
The cut I have puts out variegated leaves in veg.
Any pics or information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
a picture of yours could determine that way it not a guessing game if you get where im coming from bro :chin:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
First thing is the real one throw variegated leaves like you just said.

Second, you will notice it will develop plenty of nanners if you don't trim carefully the lower suckers or if your plant is slightly stressed while flowering.

Third one is the smell, it's very powerful and show some old Afghani/RKS ancestry in it's pedigree. Pungent garlic smell with halitosis and earthy tones.

Enjoy ! :headbange

Asiatica

Thanks to all for the help.
Once I figure out a way to post pics directly from my phone I’ll post pics.
Cheers.

Desert Dan

Veteran
picture.php

This is what was passed to me as ChemD from Phinest... Haven’t flowered it yet, but it smells garlicky and throws variegation from time to time.

I have seen on other forums peeps say it is a s1, chem sis, the real deal, or chem 91. I don’t care as long it smokes like some dank chem :smoke out:

-DD

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
View Image

This is what was passed to me as ChemD from Phinest... Haven’t flowered it yet, but it smells garlicky and throws variegation from time to time.

I have seen on other forums peeps say it is a s1, chem sis, the real deal, or chem 91. I don’t care as long it smokes like some dank chem :smoke out:

-DD

That’s for sure not the 91.

There’s a D floating around my way that’s verified. A friend has the phinest D cut. They come out exactly the same. I know theres soeculation about it, but I’ve done the legwork and have had it confirmed by the ones that can confirm it as well. It’s a fire plant either way.

Within the last year I’ve gotten 5 or 6 different batches of cuts from phinest, all different flavors and they have all been extremely true to type. I feel that they do their homework and due diligence when it comes to sourcing their genetics.

Desert Dan

Veteran
Jetlife is always dropping knowledge!!!:bow:

Appreciate you sharing that info... Makes me feel better knowing I’m about to have some real ChemD nuggage! With so many fakes these days it feels like you have to run 4 or 5 different cuts to find the goods.

Don’t get me started on ECSD :fsu:

-DD

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
First thing is the real one throw variegated leaves like you just said.

Second, you will notice it will develop plenty of nanners if you don't trim carefully the lower suckers or if your plant is slightly stressed while flowering.

Third one is the smell, it's very powerful and show some old Afghani/RKS ancestry in it's pedigree. Pungent garlic smell with halitosis and earthy tones.

Enjoy ! :headbange

:D fourth thing, it hits you like a brick :D

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Real Chem D has the worst variegation Ive seen. Chem 91 doesn't have any. Like aligee pic above. I'm curious if that went through TC?. Its def genetic if it wasn't fixed.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
If Chen D can be fixed with nutrients its not Variegation. That's a Macro nutrient issue. I grew Chen D 1x. She was horrible looking. I didn't spend enough time to see if I could fix her. Real Variegation cant be fixed. Its a permanent genetic mutation.

Yes I agree on the fact that it's not a real variegation induced by genetic mutation nor TMV like people thought a few years back, only a macro nutrient issue.

Like Dan said give her some magnesium supplement source and it'll wear off (until she's hungry for it again)

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

When the original "clone-only" Chem D started gettin passed around at the private sites long long ago , lotta dirt growers were claimin the plant had developed some crazy ass "tobacco mosaic virus" cuz it was like "duddin" and not growin worth a shit....Said SOMEBODY was smokin cigarettes in the growroom with said Chem D and "infected" the whole damn crop and that`s how it got spread so far and wide.....lol.....and....

The variegation of all different varieties was the distinguishing signs that you actually had the real deal......It was eventually and finally found by the folks runnin it in coco which was brand new at the time btw , once her CalMag needs had been met , that bitch blew up and turned into the GG4 of her day.....

The only cut I ever took from anyone in all my yrs of croppin hard , and I ran it exclusively for almost a decade after that before retirement and I still miss her to this day.....That pic from Aligee plainly shows how calcium deficient that plant is with all the purple petioles and limbs to boot , so that`s a pretty extreme case of the genetic trait/mutation whatever the fuck you wanna call it , but.....Chunky nailed it with supplying the proper nutritional needs and the variegation all but disappears .....

My plant displayed symptoms of all 5-7 bladed leaves would be bleached on 1 side of each finger , with the other side completely dark green and healthy.....split right down the middle veins.....I was told to up the CalMag till the bullshit disappeared and I did.....and it did....

Took 7 ml per gal Botanicare CalMag Plus to make shit dialed in my world , and if you fucked the ph up even slightly , she`d get the "leaf twist" GG4`s so notorious for , but anyways.... Chem D`s as close to old school dope I remember from back when there wasn`t much exceptional pot around , and anyone lucky enough to get the real deal and dial her in , will find out how special she is.....and lastly....

I ran multiple locations with flip rooms in each location with a lotta plants runnin at all times at different ages , and not once did I ever encounter intersex traits outta my clone only Chem D plant.....I did take all my cuts from lower limbs before pullin the trigger and flipping 12/12 , but guaranteed never a seed in any of my nugs was ever noted for many yrs.....

Peace.....DHF.......:ying: ......