What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Restaurant Owner Cites Marijuana Traffic For Closure

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
,,,if the munchies were good then they should be banged out,,

G

Gauss

Lol, another person complaining about their community instead of doing something to change it.

Let me get out my violin.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I don't believe it either.

A restaurant will
1- make you money by the truck load,
2- lose it by the truck load,
3- make you about as much as you would in a regular job, but with 10x the work.

I suspect it's not the first type.

DJXX

Veteran
Waaaaaaaaaaa...any decent food place next to a weed store should be booming...add a smoothie machine moron..DJXX

ExoticsRus

Look at how many lawyers is to track and advise for companies on how they can sue you and put you in the courts for the most stupid shit...

That’s the system we work with, a lawyer that is found of that bs shouldn’t be allowed to be a lawyer ?

Sounds about right for Massachusetts.

How long ago did we vote to legalize? How few dispensaries are open now? There's your problem.

There's still people standing in line in a remote parking lot in hudson waiting for a shuttle to go to a dispensary on the other side of town. Just to buy overpriced immature 8ths.

Small growers are getting ready to move on the state for failure to get things moving. Control commission not enforcing host agreement rules, kickbacks to local orgs and hidden taxes are being required by towns. Which is in violation of the law, but no one is enforcing it. Small timers can't even get started if the town wants a big mountain of cash just to negotiate an agreement. It's a rigged market.

That's how Mass has always done everything. Look at the big dig.

Keep growing.

yardgrazer

Confused as to how NETA is a problem for her business? It isn't particularly close, and I haven't found there to be a parking problem in quite awhile?

Looking at their Yelp reviews, it looks like their food is probably good, but the service is mixed to bad. I presume people have particular expectations of a wine bar, and a place with a rep for so-so to bad service probably won't have that many repeat customers? Eventually that will lead to fewer first time customers.

yardgrazer

How few dispensaries are open now? There's your problem.

There's still people standing in line in a remote parking lot in hudson waiting for a shuttle to go to a dispensary on the other side of town. Just to buy overpriced immature 8ths.

Less of an issue in her area, if you have a car. There are 4 dispensaries within... 30ish minutes.

I've tried herb from all 4, only one of them met my expectations.

therevverend

Veteran
Funny that she mentions cannabis money should be spent on the homeless but doesn't mention booze money. I don't think it's a bad thing that bars like hers are closing while the marijuana business is thriving. Overall meals tax revenue has increased which isn't surprising.

bibi40

Pfff....

if she got the best wine ( perhaps her neighbour got the best pot ??? )

She will get queue ended at her bar ,
and the dispensary got a complain about her work ...