What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MA Recreational Sales Begin Tuesday 11/20

Smokey Pockets

Likely machine trimmed, if you notice the most protruding part of the flower is chipped off.

If done with enough moisture left in the bud, like 10-15% more than you would like for rolling a joint, very little or nearly no trichs are knocked off in a brief machine tumble.

That bud, although not terrible looking was tumbled longer to avoid any hand work on individual pieces. May or may not have been drier than ideal for trimming, hard to be sure.
Probably not too dry because it would have been chipped up more due to being more brittle.

I saw the 420$ ounce prices, how much taxing on top of that, 30-40% range in total or less?

Cool, thank you for the input on the trim!
Those prices do include the taxes , which are 20%. So 420 is your final price

hyposomniac

Hi Hyposomniac,
A couple bud shots, I’m not sure because I don’t deal with stuff like this too much, but in the last shot , the trichs look beat the fuck up. Is that from a machine trimmer, or is that from beating them for kief? Anyway, the buds didn’t knock me on my ass, I have a pretty solid tolerance, but do get knocked on my ass from time to time .

View Image

View Image

View Image

Still looks a fair bit better than the black market near me lately.. Might have to check them out tomorrow.. Maybe Northampton, it's a bit closer

yardgrazer

Not sure if it's changed or was only for Day 1, but FYI the Noho dispensary (NETA) was limiting people to eighths.

Gone Camping

Not sure if it's changed or was only for Day 1, but FYI the Noho dispensary (NETA) was limiting people to eighths.

Had a buddy take a ride north on saturday, this is correct, one eighth of flower for recreational buyers. Medical has their usual limits.

His receipt shows about 5 different tax totals..

S

Sertaiz

should be legal to sell like carrots at a farmers market. exise tax license, and can sell. then the big guys would have competition. instead, wait for the production line to fix its issues, just a moment! mersh weed will soon be available just like cigarettes for the masses. can get a winston every day. same flavor. only a few factories, though.

sorry yall but i cant help this is painful to watch. i used to buy northern lights from a kid who kayaked to an island down a river or something to grow.
d
hold your dealer to a higher standard now maybe, or find more people to deal with. its a different market every day, and i bet people will be flexible or quit.

Smokey Pockets

Farmers markets type deals are going on now, still kinda in the shadows. But I’m sure over the next 12 months , it will start being more accepted.

S

Sertaiz

i really hope but i think the opposite will be true, at least for quantity

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The people waiting in line and going through all of that, it would be way easier to get a med card. In fact, if there's no tax on meds, it might even pay off to get the card.

yardgrazer

Stopped by NETA earlier today, there was a good sized line when I was there, but I heard through the grapevine that somebody went by the other day and there was no line. I was mostly there to get some gummies as a present for somebody, did pick up a gram of wax and a gram of flower. Not that impressed by the flower thus far, GG#4, found a mature seed in one of the teensy little buds.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
The people waiting in line and going through all of that, it would be way easier to get a med card. In fact, if there's no tax on meds, it might even pay off to get the card.

The med card cost $200 for the doctor and $50 to the state every year. Also they monitor everything you buy. The only reason I keep my medical card is for safer traveling and the fact you can grow what you need indoor under lock and key. It still pisses me off to no end that a bottle of my narcotic meds cost @$10 for a 120 pill supply but my monthly cost for cannabis is well north of $500 if I had to buy it. Doesn't really make sense to me. Good luck out there :tiphat:

Mengsk

I felt like paying for a med card would save on tax at retail. But I guess there is a phrase "different pot of money," it seems like the financial edge for a consumer to get a med card has vaporized at least here locally in CA. They even started calling dispensaries "med/rec" or "rec/med" a while ago, which sounds quite familiar to "medical recommendation" which is what getting a card was called. Recreational still sells weed but the framework seems like it pushes things around and the money goes elsewhere. The messed up part about this is that medicine and "recreational drugs" have kind of opposite purposes or marketing strategies. A true medical value plant means watching it carefully and making sure suffering people get it. Or giving it to as many people as possible to see as much net benefit in as many people as possible. Recreational means sell more red bull cans or more beer commercials. Restrict supply until the market will not support any higher cost. Draw a line from our failed health care system to the absence of any recognition about the medical value of cannabis. You would have to admit that alcohol (with tobacco) and cannabis serve opposite roles/purposes. More booze and you'll die drunk but more cannabis and you are likely to live a longer healthier more active life. So the less it costs the better for more people. However capitalism gets in the way by forcing all these rules and regulations to be like paying the district attorney and beer company and correctional officer union and government pension fund. Plenty of stubborn minded people to argue about this it seems, who appear to share no relation or concern or perspective with the individual producer consumer. What I mean is the tax man or the bully from the government can act as an aggressive thug. People did not ask for an overseer to demand taxes or rules or handcuffs or prison. That money is not only going to building new roads. The person who only sees money and business opportunity does not think about or care about the little guy or cannabis or the consumer quite likely because they are far removed from that other person's reality in terms of motivation and ownership property rights moral philosophical views on sharing and humanity. When political or idealistic views are so far from one another, similar to growing techniques being so different from one another, it is almost as if the same destination can be reached from either direction. However there are still without a doubt two sides to the coin greedy evil poison chemical investors and more sustainable freedom fighters, we can talk about compromise or discussion which are both great although it highlights the real difference in views and morals. It seems popular opinion to have zero morals as an acceptable way to carry yourself in life and business. As in totally acceptable to dismiss people and treat think of and discuss other humans as nothing disposable inconsequential like plastic eating utensils and cups. I am not sure when this started becoming popular and how it fits into modern society or political framework. Human values and personal freedom sounds like republican stuff from the 80s but the fact is workers have zero rights today. Whether you are angry at immigrants or your neighbour, all manners of dividing people such as instigating fighting instead of cooperating or blaming this and that group are a distraction from personal development. Social engineering could be as simple as feeding propaganda into a bulk of the population's social media feeds. With IQ having a range, some smart manipulators can start trouble between people. The popular media and white house talk about it but they are guilty of it so the situation is a mess. So many people use social media and it can be easily manipulated. That doesn't help a democracy it just makes for an easily manipulated message and corrupt totalitarian government.

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The med card cost $200 for the doctor and $50 to the state every year. Also they monitor everything you buy. The only reason I keep my medical card is for safer traveling and the fact you can grow what you need indoor under lock and key. It still pisses me off to no end that a bottle of my narcotic meds cost @$10 for a 120 pill supply but my monthly cost for cannabis is well north of $500 if I had to buy it. Doesn't really make sense to me. Good luck out there :tiphat:

OG, I still keep a card too and have never bought in a dispensary. Probably won't renew this one.

Just thinking that for some people, buying tax free meds and no lines might be a good deal. Hard to believe the money spent on weed . $10 a day for pills is just the beginning for many. Sad.

yardgrazer

There's a piece about how retail sales are being taxed, and where that money is slated to go (on the website named after the state's capital city)6.25% goes into the state general fund. 10-something to administration, risk education and outreach, and mitigation in communities disproportionately affected by past state enforcement. And finally (up to) 3% to the host community. But obviously retail dispensaries are the playthings of big investors and corporations.

Latest posts

Latest posts