What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gene Traders Ludlow Mass Sunday Jan 14th

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
There wasn’t anything there that caught my eye. Guy had some stuff called Super Skunk, so I chatted him up a bit, and he opened the jar and it was fruity. I said that’s why it doesn’t say MassSuper Skunk. I caught him trying to sell off the name. He said it’s from Maine so I told him that wasn’t remotely any thing like any Ss I ever grew or smoked and he said he didn’t know the parents or anything about the lineage. Only a few booths were on top of their game and knowledge of genetics.Chunky being the grand wizard of them all.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I was talking to this girl who had a pic of Joesy Wales on her phone, and was selling the zskittles, gummy bear, gg4, and some other stuff. Said she hung out with him before. Lot of out of area booths.
Guy there taught me how Eagle 20 is systemic and can last generations from clone from clone. I’ll stick with Avid.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The GGs were going like hotcakes when I got there around 1. I saw more people carrying them around with big smiles .
Ya they were. When I got the Gg4 clone from Joesy, I only gave it out to friends, and a hydro shop owner who also has a big shop grow filled with nothing but that GG4 cut I gave him. It got very popular quickly and it’s all people want. It’s the hottest strain right now.

I certainly can’t keep up with demand.

marmarb

First event I enjoyed myself met a few icmagers only let down couldn't get chunkys sfv cut but he's a cool cat ended up getting some elites off scrappy thanks again and zees nice meeting you as well. Overall quality of clones was okay amazing flowers good vide looking forward to the next event. As far as trades I got a bunch of cool gear no complaints at all. Couple 500 clones way my range ended up with Corey haim stardawg- sour papaya- Chem sis- ogk 2.0- watermelon og and more seeds than I can count overall all great event.

jab72

It sounds like that was the table across from the bar. I wanted some GG4 clones but I was quoted $40 each and I thought they looked to small and spindly for that kind of $. $20 I would have bought but not $40.

meadowman

the guy with the skittles cut got insulted when i burst out laughing when he told me $500
told him i had no interest in it and wouldn't take it if u were giving it away.
met a few guys, grabbed a few cuts and hung out with chunky for a couple hrs……was a nice time, wish i could of stayed longer.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
They were spindly.

All those GGs were about 4-5" tall with two small leaves and two very small leaves. Like mini palm trees. The stems were long, narrow, and fragile looking. Taking them home unprotected in the cold looked dicey.

Last edited:

~star~crash~

so the GG4 was spindly looking for 40$...were they at least healthy? if i was purchasing cuts i'd bring a strong jewlers loupe to inspect the cuts for bugs ...it is a dicey proposition unless you know and trust your source ...

sounds like the scene was really cool though ... the only opportunities for vending traditionally been harvest fest's ...to do it in the club must be a ball ...hee hee

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
They looked healthy, maybe a little light in color, and the ones being carried around openly seemed to have some wilt already. I want a GG4, but passed on those too. Wimpy, fragile and spindly. That's better.

The club had it very well organized and it was a perfect venue. They are a 1% MC, so they really knew about security. There was a gate about 50 yards from the clubhouse where the guys asked if I was looking for some new jeans. 8) Then there was an inner gate where IDs were checked and guests were wanded for weapons and instructed "no photos" inside. Inside there was subtle but vigilant oversight that most patrons were probably unaware of. Lou and the MC did a first class job. It was cool.

marmarb

I picked up the gg4 got him down to $20 ill compare it to the gg4 s1 I have from seed they were barely rooted. During auction they gave away about 5 of the haze clones he had for free due to no takers.

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I didn’t even ask the prices since I was there to gift rather than buy. But 500 bucks for skittles? I woulda laughed to. They were in the front across from the beginning of the bar. The guy knows his shit, but while the guy was explaining about eagle 20 being systemic and being on generations of clones after the first spray or dunk, she budded in with “No he means generations of your kids and their kids will have it in their system”. I looked at her with a HUH? And dude corrected her. She wasn’t the most educated about weed, and to be selling skittles for 500 bucks? Dudes, if Ihad the skittles, it prob wouldnt even be a keeper in my stable, Ide give it away.
Guy was trying to sell me on changing from soil to an under current system. I just can’t make a huge change like that at this time, but guy was pretty adamant that that’s the way to grow big yields.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Oh and Star, I was showing off your CB s1 wax and everyone loved the terps. There were hardly any dabs or dab rigs there though. Next time I just may get a booth.
Can’t wait to run Chunkys “Sex Pistol” outside.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The auction was a failure. Most there thought the guy was auctioning off his own gear which looked like he went and bought others gear and was reselling it. Couldn’t really hear him either. He needed a megaphone.

~star~crash~

Hey ODGW make the connection & get a booth for the next event ... i'll front the $ for it ...U are close and i can definitely lend a hand over there @ the next event

Scrappy-doo

That auction was a disaster! From what I saw not a single item went over the opening bid. There were 4 people right in front of the table paying attention and getting what they wanted at rock bottom prices while everyone else in the room was oblivious to it all. There was no sign, no mic, no announcement, just a guy at a table shouting in an already loud and crowded room. I can't complain tho, that's where I got my old skunk seeds. Only pack available in the entire venue.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
If you get a good pheno from the old Skunk pack, let me know brother. The very first strain I ever ran was SK1 when I was 16 y.o. Was still to this day one of my alltime favs.

I have beans of Pure 1970's Jamaican Lambsbread with 20+/- weeks flower time that Ide love to cross with a real 1960's SK1.