What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Seed Harvest, Storing, Curing, ect. Thread

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice, those are a perfect example of fully mature healthy seeds! Good job man ;)

Those will be big healthy plants one day :greenstars:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
yes you can, but some of the energy was devoted to the seed development, so the end product may be a little lower quality that some bud from same plant, grown sinsemilla.

JTDuffet

that red sragon with the blue hues looks fantastic... whats it taste like and smell like? very curious. like others have said, i think its some of the nicest colored weed i've seen before. :) looks fantastically tasty..

-jt

jonas@diesel

???? ???????:?9-THC
Veteran
well my latest run is almost over... and I have a bunch of seeds already bagged (actually more than I wanted...)

so these are my latest crosses...

Sour Bubble BX3 IX (f2)

Sogouda x Witches Weed
Sogouda x Strawberry Diesel

NYCD x Strawberry Diesel

Chemdog99 x Witches Weed
Chemdog99 x C99

C99 x Chemdog99
C99 x Witches Weed
C99 x Chemdog Sour Diesel

Chemdog Sour Diesel x C99
Chemdog Sour Diesel x Strawberry Diesel

Strawberry Diesel x Chemdog Sour Diesel

(Mass.S.Skunk x Sour diesel v3) x Chemdog Sour Diesel
(Mass.S.Skunk x Sour diesel v3) x Strawberry Diesel
(Mass.S.Skunk x Sour diesel v3) x Witches Weed
(Mass.S.Skunk x Sour diesel v3) x Sour Bubble BX3

as well F2 from all ...except from MSSxSD and the NYCD

it's gonna be busy times over here ehehe

K

Kaul

well my latest run is almost over... and I have a bunch of seeds already bagged (actually more than I wanted...)

so these are my latest crosses...

Sour Bubble BX3 IX (f2)

Sogouda x Witches Weed
Sogouda x Strawberry Diesel

NYCD x Strawberry Diesel

Chemdog99 x Witches Weed
Chemdog99 x C99

C99 x Chemdog99
C99 x Witches Weed
C99 x Chemdog Sour Diesel

Chemdog Sour Diesel x C99
Chemdog Sour Diesel x Strawberry Diesel

Strawberry Diesel x Chemdog Sour Diesel

(Mass.S.Skunk x Sour diesel v3) x Chemdog Sour Diesel
(Mass.S.Skunk x Sour diesel v3) x Strawberry Diesel
(Mass.S.Skunk x Sour diesel v3) x Witches Weed
(Mass.S.Skunk x Sour diesel v3) x Sour Bubble BX3

as well F2 from all ...except from MSSxSD and the NYCD

it's gonna be busy times over here ehehe

Wow:bow:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Send them into seebay :party:

All of them with $20 BINS and 15 packs! :woohoo:

jonas@diesel

???? ???????:?9-THC
Veteran
Send them into seebay :party:

All of them with $20 BINS and 15 packs! :woohoo:

the fat packs are a mix... identified mom x unknown dad (possible donors: C99, Sour Bubble, Strawberry Diesel, Chemdog Sour Diesel, Chemdog99 and Witches weed)
those I would send without a problem, the tagged ones are for personal use...

:wave:

Greenmopho

Official Seed Harvest, Storing, Curing, ect. Thread

exploziv_gbb said:
yes you can, but some of the energy was devoted to the seed development, so the end product may be a little lower quality that some bud from same plant, grown sinsemilla.

I recently harvested my seeded Durban, and after collecting 200+ seeds, the bud was unsmokable. Too many seed pods and immature seeds in there. Flavorwise, better off making hash!

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the fat packs are a mix... identified mom x unknown dad (possible donors: C99, Sour Bubble, Strawberry Diesel, Chemdog Sour Diesel, Chemdog99 and Witches weed)
those I would send without a problem, the tagged ones are for personal use...

:wave:

Well if you sent those into seedbay that would be totally righteous man! :jump:

nobull56

ICMag Donor
We had a discussion at GKG last Saturday & I thought I’d post some of it here. We were talking about saving pollen in the freezer. Someone liked small jars & some liked baggies.

The problem with jars is that each time you open the jar the volume of air is changed & as the new air gets cold, moisture can condensate out of the air. Each time adding a little bit more moisture. Canning jars are the best for long term sealing.

The problem with zip bags is that they are not very good at holding out moisture over extended periods of time. Pressing out as much air, each time they are opened & double bagging can help.

Without too many steps (too much & we skip steps) lets kick around some ideas.

Using a simple double zip lock & a upright freezer we have 5/6 year old pollen that works fine.

Way back I said I'd post Pic's of cleaning seeds & saving keif here is the link https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=17673
I've never actually seen keif. I expect I will have to start saving that.
Thank You. How do you smoke it?

exploziv gbb said:
JimmyWie said:
hey,

When i harvest my Blueberry seeds, can i still smoke the rest of the weed and get high from it?

Gr

I have wondered this same thing. I understand (I think) that the plant uses energy to make seeds instead of THC. I have wondered about those of yall (and very soon to be me) who pollinate only part of the plant. The parts of the plant that you did not pollinate, will they be as good as a plant that you did not pollinate (assuming all things equal between the two subject plants)?
What I mean is, even though you did not pollinate the whole thing, is some of the energy being used from the unpollinated (<--is that a word¿) parts of the plant to help make the seeds in the pollinated part? Did that make sense?

On another note, I am at 50 post and hopefully now I can change this darn avatar.

Awesome awesome thread. These are the kinds of threads that I love and hunt for.

I have asked that question and gotten a good answer elsewhere, I just would like to hear yalls knowledge on the subject. I am a newbie by the way.

(edited to add-apparently I am cant put my own avatar up yet-so I am going to run that annoying looking guy until I can-or I find something else more annoying-ha ha)

Last edited:

nobull56

ICMag Donor
:good:
I've never actually seen keif. I expect I will have to start saving that.
Thank You. How do you smoke it?

I have wondered this same thing. I understand (I think) that the plant uses energy to make seeds instead of THC. I have wondered about those of yall (and very soon to be me) who pollinate only part of the plant. The parts of the plant that you did not pollinate, will they be as good as a plant that you did not pollinate (assuming all things equal between the two subject plants)?
What I mean is, even though you did not pollinate the whole thing, is some of the energy being used from the unpollinated (<--is that a word¿) parts of the plant to help make the seeds in the pollinated part? Did that make sense?

On another note, I am at 50 post and hopefully now I can change this darn avatar.

Awesome awesome thread. These are the kinds of threads that I love and hunt for.

I have asked that question and gotten a good answer elsewhere, I just would like to hear yalls knowledge on the subject. I am a newbie by the way.

(edited to add-apparently I am cant put my own avatar up yet-so I am going to run that annoying looking guy until I can-or I find something else more annoying-ha ha)

I think that the "Non-seeded" plant part does NOT lose much if any! Some plants seem to Kick it up a notch, like those branches want to have pollen too! :dance013:They will pump out lots more female hairs & to me, that produces more resin. :good:

As to Keif, it (at its best) is the tops of the cured trichomes filtered away from the plant. This will be a powder, you can use it in cooking, Vaporizing, add to smoking products & press into hash.
Hope this helped.:smoky:

:good:

I think that the "Non-seeded" plant part does NOT lose much if any! Some plants seem to Kick it up a notch, like those branches want to have pollen too! :dance013:They will pump out lots more female hairs & to me, that produces more resin. :good:

As to Keif, it (at its best) is the tops of the cured trichomes filtered away from the plant. This will be a powder, you can use it in cooking, Vaporizing, add to smoking products & press into hash.
Hope this helped.:smoky:

Thank You. Seeing as I am just learning about keif it occurs to me that I have missed out on a lot of keif in my lifetime then. Guess I am going to have to get me one of them screen thingys. I guess thats what the bubble bags are all about too?

nobull56

ICMag Donor
Yap, you got it. Easy screen is silkscreen and a embroidery hoop. Put screen in hoop, tighten then use upside down. Keep your trim cold for best results.

Thank You again. Speaking of keeping trim :)dance013: ha ha) can you store your clippings for a while and then do a bubble bag run or no? Or a keif run.

Latest posts

Latest posts