What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. IMDB Message Boards 2001-2017

Green Squall

"After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide."

Translated: It was a hotbed of trolls!

Still a bummer though. I don't see myself using that website as much anymore. Bad move on their part imo.

Thoughts?

Gry

Still recall thinking a 14.4 modem would have be like driving a hot car.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still recall thinking a 14.4 modem would have be like driving a hot car.

My first modem was 300 baud. 300, not 14,400. I could see the text coming in line by line on bulletin boards. Lol. It was awesome at the time. It just sucked when my sister would pick up the phone in the other room and ruin my connection in the middle of something important.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
No doubt there was some trolling going on,but crap,there was some good info there.

To be honest,I don't like the new layout much either.I am on a slower connection,and all that extra crap loading just delays everything.

Green Squall

No doubt there was some trolling going on,but crap,there was some good info there.

To be honest,I don't like the new layout much either.I am on a slower connection,and all that extra crap loading just delays everything.

I agree. It was a great place to gain insight on a movie. I still think it was a bad move and their website with suffer the consequences.

Latest posts

Latest posts