What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite canna cookies

zoic

1. Make cannabis butter with your personal method and potency. I currently use 40g of shake and popcorn bud. A grower was going to toss it so I took it and made the grower some butter as well. It was very dry already so no decarb needed. I used a lb. of butter and run it in the slow cooker for 8 hours. Strain, refrigerate and liberate the butter the next day.

2. Thumbnail cookie recipe:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mom's Thumbnail Cookies[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] 300 F[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]½ c. butter[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]¼ c. brown sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 egg (separated)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 c. flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]apricot jam or your choice[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Method:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mix butter & brown sugar thoroughly. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Add egg yolk & flour. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mix all ingredients together. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Roll pastry in small balls, approximately 1”.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Place on greased cookie sheet and press thumb into centre of each cookie.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Bake for 5 min.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Remove cookie sheet from oven & for the second time, press thumb in centre of cookie.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Bake 10 -15 min. more[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Remove cookie sheet from oven. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]While still hot, add dollop of jam in the indented centre of each cookie. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Let cool for 10 min. & remove cookies from cookie sheet.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

zoic

I have made them with Blue Menu double the fruit, both Raspberry and Apricot. Both seem to marry very well with the cannabutter flavour. Fair warning, they are delicious, so watch out if you get the munchies. Too much turns me into a statue. :biggrin:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Very good looking Cookies..

Very good looking Cookies..

Very good looking Cookies, they look good enough to eat :party: I just ate one of my Snickerdoodle CannaCookies

zoic

Thanks. I feel like I want to try other cookies and snickerdoodles would be good too.
Do you use egg in your cookie batter? Do you roll it in cinnamon sugar?
I cannot get enough of cinnamon so I will likely add a few tablespoons right into the recipe.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Thanks. I feel like I want to try other cookies and snickerdoodles would be good too.
Do you use egg in your cookie batter? Do you roll it in cinnamon sugar?
I cannot get enough of cinnamon so I will likely add a few tablespoons right into the recipe.

1 egg, 1/2 cup Budder, 1 box of Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix

Then rolled in sugar/cinnamon which come in the box.

:woohoo: Bake for 14 minutes at 325f

zoic

1 egg, 1/2 cup Budder, 1 box of Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix

Then rolled in sugar/cinnamon which come in the box.

:woohoo: Bake for 14 minutes at 325f

Thanks! How many cookies on average does a box make. I need to figure out dosage to avoid couch-lock. just cooked up another batch of butter yesterday. I guess I could just make it work out to 18 cookies to match my recipe for potency.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Sweet, zoic. They look great. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I’ll give ‘em a whirl eventually. Grabbed a box of Krusteaz’s Oatmeal Scotchie mix to make this weekend... hardly been touching my flowers these days. :)

I’m curious about your slow cooker method. Does your cooker have a low/high option, and if so, which setting are you on for the eight hours? Also wondering if this method might help with stink level... or does it just result in that many more hours of stink...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
25 Cookies per batch..

25 Cookies per batch..

Thanks! How many cookies on average does a box make. I need to figure out dosage to avoid couch-lock. just cooked up another batch of butter yesterday. I guess I could just make it work out to 18 cookies to match my recipe for potency.

Or 100 per pound.

1 oz @ 20% THC = 5.6 gram THC / 100 = (about) 50 mg per cookie

You math may vary :party:

zoic

Sweet, zoic. They look great. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I’ll give ‘em a whirl eventually. Grabbed a box of Krusteaz’s Oatmeal Scotchie mix to make this weekend... hardly been touching my flowers these days. :)

Thanks, Oatmeal raisin sound palatable too, gonna try that. Not sure what the Scotchie part is in your mix though.

I’m curious about your slow cooker method. Does your cooker have a low/high option, and if so, which setting are you on for the eight hours? Also wondering if this method might help with stink level... or does it just result in that many more hours of stink...

I only use low. Make sure to put enough water in so the mix can float and to avoid having the butter cooking off. The smell is there for sure but much less than decarbing, or caramelizing onions, or roasting garlic. I really only smell it mostly in the kitchen, it does not permeate the whole house.

zoic

Or 100 per pound.

1 oz @ 20% THC = 5.6 gram THC / 100 = (about) 50 mg per cookie

You math may vary :party:

That math works for me. I received cuttings from 4 different plants all mixed together. Based on the strains I feel I can safely assume 15%, so that puts me at about 60mg per cookie based on 40g of shake. I calculated by starting weight of material, so 54 cookies from 40grams is about 3/4g. I tried experimenting and found 1g a tad much and 1/2g made the effect a tad light.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks, Oatmeal raisin sound palatable too, gonna try that. Not sure what the Scotchie part is in your mix though.

The “Scotchie” part is butterscotch chips in an oatmeal base. Never had the mix, with or without cannabutter. Sounds like the potential for a really good cookie - we’ll see. It also has the option to make cookie bars with the mix but the pan size is 13 x 9, whereas the Triple Chocolate Chunk is 8 x 8. Another dosage hurdle to figure out.

I only use low. Make sure to put enough water in so the mix can float and to avoid having the butter cooking off. The smell is there for sure but much less than decarbing, or caramelizing onions, or roasting garlic. I really only smell it mostly in the kitchen, it does not permeate the whole house.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try that if I don’t get a MBM.

zoic

Butterscotch is not my fav, caramel is though. I will try just raisins first because I really like oatmeal when it has raisins. I hope to get an MBM this year but the slow cooker works fine for now.

Easy7

Veteran
Not cookies but brownies. Mom makes the best mint fudge brownies. Also some mint cookies we used to be able to find mint m&m's to put in the center. Had to use a machine to put the cookie dough out in a shape. The mint brownies have two different batters. One is green and mint, the other is brown/black and fudge. Either would be great with high quality ganja, but what cookie wouldn't.

Also peanut butter cookies with a chocolate star would be righteous with ganja.

zoic

I made a batch of organic chocolate brownies for my buddy. I used a 1/4 oz. of top shelf bud because he did not want it too strong. I tested a piece for him and holy crap they were quite tasty. I am going to make it again with special flour (1;1) so my wife can enjoy it as well. I will find the recipe and post it.

geeker

for a cookie i go with the classics... you know oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, and butter cookies. normally though, i just make puffed rice cereal bars.