What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diplomacy (and the lack thereof) Anyone else have issues with it, but only online?

St. Phatty

I notice that, some jokes just don't transfer.

On some forums, a picture of an attractive woman might elicit a comment of, "I wonder if she's of child-bearing age".

In a locker room environment, I don't think such a comment would be in bad taste. May not be funny, but not in bad taste.

On Facebook, where there's a lot of women ... well let's just say it's a different crowd.

Jokes don't translate from one forum to another, from on-line to real life, etc etc. ... it depends so much on the audience and on 'context'.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
True words. The same thing happens between languages and societies, what is considered funny in one, from a twist of words, often loses all meaning in another. :)

St. Phatty

When I joke with cops about forgetting the speeding ticket and lighting one up with me -

they just don't think it's funny !

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
When I joke with cops about forgetting the speeding ticket and lighting one up with me -

they just don't think it's funny !
How is that possible? You just made me laugh! LOL

"No ma'am, we at the FBI do not have a sense of humor that we're aware of." LOL