What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krystalica.....from Mandala

G

One of my Krystalica girls, a freebie from the Boo! First time growing this particular Mandala strain, have 2 more of these also finishing. This one is at about 55 days and planning to go another 2 weeks maybe.

picture.php

View image in gallery

D

Dioni

One of the nicest Mandala plants I have ever seen...never have good luck with freebies at all.
Usually when I start liken the looks of one, the next thing you know I'm finding bananas and everything else is fine so in the trash it goes!

G

Hey thanks Dioni. I also have a couple of Mandala #1 plants finishing along with the Krystalicas. All these freebies were girls, so no chance for F2s.

Ronni

the colours of the leafes supplement the whiteness of the buds niceley. what about smell and other phenos?

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I got my eyes on some Mandala stuff for the anti anxiety breeding it seems they do with sativas... Krystalica is looking like the one, but not many good reviews on her. Even the mention of body high throws me off because I tend to get anxiety from the body melt\demotivated groggy feeling. I'm looking for pure uplifting\motivating soaring sativa headband effect with nothing but warm electricity\nuclear glowing feeling almost like a body blush from butterflies type thing at worst which is still pleasurable.....

Ive been reading for probably 15 years now trying to figure out the key. I think a lot of it has to do with balancing enough cbd into thc to take the edge off.... so maybe .25-.5 cbd per 10% Thc. A 20% thc 1-2% cbd is probably where my holy grail resides but I'm still not sure. Anyone have any opinions\ideas or experiences.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
I got my eyes on some Mandala stuff for the anti anxiety breeding it seems they do with sativas... Krystalica is looking like the one, but not many good reviews on her. Even the mention of body high throws me off because I tend to get anxiety from the body melt\demotivated groggy feeling. I'm looking for pure uplifting\motivating soaring sativa headband effect with nothing but warm electricity\nuclear glowing feeling almost like a body blush from butterflies type thing at worst which is still pleasurable.....

Ive been reading for probably 15 years now trying to figure out the key. I think a lot of it has to do with balancing enough cbd into thc to take the edge off.... so maybe .25-.5 cbd per 10% Thc. A 20% thc 1-2% cbd is probably where my holy grail resides but I'm still not sure. Anyone have any opinions\ideas or experiences.

I can imagine Apollo 11 will be right down your alley, it has just been released again by legends Brothers Grimm after years underground.

It's all head more or less - more focused/motivated.

A happy pheno of Mango Haze is great too.

La Niña have some great clear, heady phenos.

Sugar Loaf from Cannabiogen is awesome too.

Maybe some of them are too trippy for you. Have you tried an genuine OG Kush? Maybe too much CBN for you...

HqFarms

Thc and cbd percentages mean shit. There is no standard in testing and every company does their own thing. Everyone needs to give up on this testing percentages thing, it just proves how stupid stoners are and how they think higher numbers,mean something

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Hqfarms.... More-so than the numbers themselves, its the relationship between those numbers... cbd does affect thc, and all the numbers creates the diversity that is, this beautiful plant..Of course a mindless perception of higher being better is stupid, but there are a few of us that are beyond that immature mindset.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran

I love sativas, and over the last 10 years have tried many. I think the proof is in the puddle: you grow 'em, dry/cure 'em, then smoke 'em. Is it very obvious when you're facing an especial plant as you have a plethora of of small, nitty-gritty details, from plant behaviour while growing, to effect once herb is properly cured. Speaking of that, with sativas that could take months. I've smoked 3+ years old material and it still rocked; the effect is subtly changed...

So far everything I tried from Mandala was Spot on. Landrace-like vigor, really low nute demand, healthy, strong plants which are a dream to work with.

I've tried Kalichakra and 8 Miles High from their sativa lineage and loved them.

So far up until today my top #1 being a Kali Mist from pre-2000.

Mandala breed to avoid typical physical side effects of potent, cerebral sativas: heart racing, red eye, dry mouth... and when you try them that's really apparent, they're of the nicest sativas.

Now I'm seeking something from a high-performance sativas (high tolerance), so Beyond the Brain, Krystallica and Satori are amongst my picks, along with Mandala #1 and Kalichakra as "rotative backups".

Those are "day light" smoke, i.e. you can smoke any time of day, as effect is purely cerebral, clear, and motivating, absolutely anti-anxiety.

@Keif Stoned:
The Krystallyca girl looks gorgeous, photo is too! though its looks like a really indica-leaned pheno (fat fingers), I've seen on other Mandala Strains (Kalichakra, Sadhu) effect is not of the typical body-stone, couchlock effect which I hate, but still a sativa one.

How was the smoke??? :)

Last edited: