What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

two philosophies... one that devides ... one connects

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.. the question was is life something trivial or something magical and how muchs respect do you give life ... do you believe in connetion or in that everything lives on its self and not related

Connection, definitely, it's the only thing that explains synchronicity and all that other stuff.
:)

eskimo

Veteran
greetings Herman for me this thread its about pointing and reflecting out what is for me something realy important to see...life and its magic ..the fact of just beeing and the awarness of it ?

eskimo

Veteran
es geht einfach um das um die frage ist das sein das leben etwas triviales etwas was nicht miteinander verbunden ist oder ist es verbunden und magisch... Das war die Anfangsfrage gekopelt an ein gedicht bzw ein reim von mos def ...die tatsache das es einfach diese zwei philosopien endgegenstehen und ich sie in meinem täglichen leben begegne ist die die ursache dieses Threads ...weil ich einfach nicht verstehe wieso soviele menschen das leben als trivial sehen obwohl sie es noch nichtmal erklären können das sie sind das wir sind
...weiter ging es um dualität um synchronität um das gleichzeitige darsein, darum das manche die synchronität warnehmen andere nicht und wie das sein kann das während die einen grad ne fette party feiern und sich lieben irgenwo ganz anders krieg herscht und sich alle hassen obwohl wir alles das eine selbe leben teilen und sich somit das leben selber bekriegt oder liebt ...wobei mir persönlich das 2 lieber ist

...so im groben:tiphat: ich hoffe es sind nicht zu viele rechtschreibfehler drin :)

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Hello Eslkimo, thank you for the "fundierte" answer. I think it´s a little bit to heavy to write something in english, it´s even tough to write something in german. But a very good question you asked!

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Life is trivial, but life is also what you make of it. There can be a time where you are connected in mind(?). Family, fresh strong love or longtime love. A view to the other side is also possible with Cannabis, Mushrooms and maybe LSD. Without drugs maybe with meditation?

To the Divine Goddess who resides in all existence in the form of universal mother
To the Divine Goddess who resides in all existence in the form of energy
To the Divine Goddess who resides in all existence in the form of intellegence
To the Divine Goddess who resides in all existence in the form of true wealth
We bow to her, we bow to her, continually we bow to her

in german it´s a Little bit longer

Ehre der Göttin, der Großen Göttin!
Ehre der Segensreichen!
Ehre Ihr, die alles erschafft und erhält!
Ehre sei immer wieder Durga,
die uns aus der Bedrängnis führt,
die Urgrund ist und Schöpferin von allem!
Ehre, immer wieder Ehre
der Göttin, die in allen Wesen als Bewusstsein lebt,
der Göttin, die in allen Wesen als Weisheit lebt,
der Göttin, die in allen Wesen als Frieden lebt,
der Göttin, die in allen Wesen als Glaube lebt,
der Göttin, die in allen Wesen als Anmut lebt,
der Göttin, die in allen Wesen als Geduld lebt,
der Göttin, die in allen Wesen als Zufriedenheit lebt,
der Göttin, die in allen Wesen als Mutter lebt,
der Göttin, die in allen Wesen als Irrtum (oder Fehler) lebt!

durga-1.jpg

eskimo

Veteran
my reflection on life goes on into everything( everybody ) beeing the midle of everything from its point , ...sure life can be trivial, life can be lovley, , life can be ..life is this and that ...life is how you affect it though your middle ...i think awarnes is the key, and we are all responsible, ... the problem is if you look about life like its something trivial you lose the respect for it and the awarnes and so it becomes idiocrasy
what do you think ?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i mean why does life it self devides it self ? ...it`s something that im thinking of quite allot, i don`t understand why parts of life (beeings) try to separate while others try to connect...

An idea I've some what adopted:
The body, WHOLE, consist of 3 parts;
The physical tangible body.
The EGO/mind that identifies with the tangible body
And the Spirit or Soul or what ever other term you want to call it.

The EGO & Spirit/Soul are in a constant struggle over control of body. We are taught to use our minds while spiritual control is, more or less, suppressed to the point we forget or become absent minded there of. EGO is a powerful being that craves physical attention & not much else.

Kinda choppy to read but that's kind of a condensed version of what I think.

Almost forgot:
I like those lyrics cause they actually mean something.
Not like this new age hip hop crap.

To add:
I think with age, some people that feel the disconnect begin searching for their enlightenment. In that search they typically do 1 of 2 things. They either A-adopt a particular set of beliefs & more or less settle their search for further enlightenment or they B-never stop searching & eventually come to peace with themselves knowing that everybody is right & at the same time everybody is wrong & nobody has it figured out 100%.
Those that aren't searching are apathetic & only live to satisfy their EGO.

eskimo

Veteran
their search for further enlightenment or they B-never stop searching & eventually come to peace with themselves knowing that everybody is right & at the same time everybody is wrong & nobody has it figured out 100%.

i know its just an example ...but here ya go on a topic quite 100% ageed that is bad for him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7-yOB9NIbU
what would you say are they all wrong or right at the same time ? and what if 1 would give him actual fire ? would he be right ? and what justifie it ?
i mean you could find a perspective but...i think one always knows whats wrong and whats right... its a feeling that i think everybody shares but some maybe many ignore it.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Answer is two fold...
#1- If any of those adults would have given that kid fire, they could be penalized either monetarily or with jail.
#2- The adults know that smoking is unhealthy & that their choice to smoke can't be pinned on anybody else but themselves. They can choose to quit at any time but they continue because they're either addicted to the nicotine or the or to the lifestyle. I've met very very few cigarette smokers that actually enjoy it. Some do, most are addicted & dont know how to deal with withdrawl symptoms so never attempt to quit.
They do know it's an unhealthy habit & will not support the childs use thereof, regardless of the hypocritical nature of telling the kid no.

Noone would be right to support the kids decision to smoke at that young of an age simply because we know, beyond any shadow of doubt, that using tobacco is dangerous to our health. A resourceful & imaginative child wouldn't be asking adults for a light either because they already understand the taboo surrounding "adult activities"... That resourceful & imaginative child would go find fire if s/he truely desired lighting up that cigarette.

Wrong & right are also, largely, culturally items...
Like burping n belching n farting n smacking & snorting n chewing at the dinner table.
In Japan, if you don't participate in the above, you don't necessarily like your meal.

Some people live to live.
Some people live to die.

Floridian

Veteran
If I were eating poisonous blowfish I would probably fart up a storm!And the smacking would be me trying to breathe!!

eskimo

Veteran
Answer is two fold...
#1- If any of those adults would have given that kid fire, they could be penalized either monetarily or with jail.
#2- The adults know that smoking is unhealthy & that their choice to smoke can't be pinned on anybody else but themselves. They can choose to quit at any time but they continue because they're either addicted to the nicotine or the or to the lifestyle. I've met very very few cigarette smokers that actually enjoy it. Some do, most are addicted & dont know how to deal with withdrawl symptoms so never attempt to quit.
They do know it's an unhealthy habit & will not support the childs use thereof, regardless of the hypocritical nature of telling the kid no.

Noone would be right to support the kids decision to smoke at that young of an age simply because we know, beyond any shadow of doubt, that using tobacco is dangerous to our health. A resourceful & imaginative child wouldn't be asking adults for a light either because they already understand the taboo surrounding "adult activities"... That resourceful & imaginative child would go find fire if s/he truely desired lighting up that cigarette.

Wrong & right are also, largely, culturally items...
Like burping n belching n farting n smacking & snorting n chewing at the dinner table.
In Japan, if you don't participate in the above, you don't necessarily like your meal.

Some people live to live.
Some people live to die.

sure it would find a way, i found my way to ....just wantet to see if you would find the way to show me out of what perspective giving fire to the child to lite up would be right.....you can find ways to sell it as right to people ...if you are a lobbyists ..and yes some things as your example is one of the one of diverent perspectives ... but
i think some things are wrong and some things are right regardles the perspective...and if people resign with age, its not because of questioning they could be wrong by loving live and trying to teach respect for each other, its because they dont understand that otheres just dont give a shit and killing everything they can...
some people live to kill ? and thats ok ? i think i hawe the right to question that ....some people hawe the right to manipiulate ? some people hawe the right to be slaves ?
so its kinda take it or leave it ?

sorry but ...some people are:crazy:

Genghis Kush

"Bumped my head, I'm a battering ram.
Goddamn took the pain.
Cut myself, said So what?
Motherfuckin' took the pain.
Said So what? I can't be wrong.
I thought so but there ain't no right!

Ain't no wrong now, ain't no right.
Ain't no wrong now, ain't no right.
Only pleasure and pain."