What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

GastroGrower

All the plants in tent #3 are at the point where they're all root bound in their pots and drinking up water around the same rate. Not really any drain off to worry about building up so I took the drain out completely and put the tray all the way onto the floor of the tent. Much more head space now so they can breath a little. You can see the Pink Breath on both sides all hitting their early yellowing. The Critical Kush isn't really stretching like it did last time. I'm thinking probably just because it's lower in the canopy than some of the other plants.
picture.php

The Purp
picture.php

The Critical Kush
picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
Looking good bro! How far is tent 3 into flower? Where is that Purps from? lol they are yellowing up, you gonna up the feed at all?

Im having an issue with my girls in the tent as well bro.. I cant figure out why all of their smells are so weak/faint, compared to the same plants and/or sisters I flwoered outdoors..

GastroGrower

Looking good bro! How far is tent 3 into flower? Where is that Purps from? lol they are yellowing up, you gonna up the feed at all?

Im having an issue with my girls in the tent as well bro.. I cant figure out why all of their smells are so weak/faint, compared to the same plants and/or sisters I flwoered outdoors..

Tent #3 is at day 29 of 12/12. The Pink Breath seem to do this every time I've run them. Haven't figured out how to head it off yet but they seem to do fine after. I got the Purp cut from someone who claimed it's a true cut of the classic Mendo Purps. Everything I've seen seems to line up with this but who knows. Either way it's a real killer cut.

I'm going to keep their feed at this level - they're already pushing it with multi feeds right now.

I think true sunlight probably provides a much better spectrum than any of the lights you're using indoors - and since you're down by the equator you've got plenty of it. That may have something to do with the smell difference. They're all in soil? It may just be that they do better in a bed or in the ground.

Dakine

Veteran
Damn that would be A Great Find if thats actually the Original Mendo Purps! CSI Humboldt has some of the best Mendo/Purps/Urkle ive seen for the past 4+ years, I really wanna get some of his gear...

You dont think they might continue to fade if you leave the feed at what youve been doing? What are you feeding them anyways lol..

Well I had the plants I flwoered Outdoors in the same exact soil mix that im using on the girls that are flowering in the tent. But I do think your right about the spectrum/enviroment outdoors.. I think I have one of the best, if not the best enviroments to grow outdoors. That would explain the differences im seeing when comparing the outdoors girls to the ones im flowering indoors.. Fml lol

GastroGrower

I've tried increasing their feed before with this fade out and they didn't like it. Tried reducing it and they lost a little weight. I think it's related to how quickly they frost up, you can take it pretty early but it doesn't fill out until later in bloom. Everything in my garden that's in coco is now getting micro/bloom at a 2/3 ratio. Usually around 350 ppm is where they like it for hand watering but if I've got them on a drip system then they like it around 300 ppm.

Here's some non-medical flowers I threw in coco to experiment with. Pretty much all of the damage on the leaves is from letting the coco dry out occasionally. Otherwise roots are looking great and the plants themselves are nice and healthy. I love how easy they've grown to this size in those little pots. They'll probably get moved outside and transplanted into soil once it warms up a tiny bit more.
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Pulled about 45 - 50 grams off of the Critical Kush. Really stinky bud. I'll let it cure a week or two and then do a smoke report on it.

Also harvested the Pink Karmdown. Really excellent smell on this one and huge beefy buds. The stink of the Karmdown kind of cuts into the sweetness of the Pink Bazooka. There is the tiniest little bit of citrus and overall I get a "greasy grapefruit" profile on the smell. I popped the bottom part of plant back in my veg tent to see if I can get it to reveg so i can run it again. Took one cutting to see if it would root with some other clones I took today and while I was cleaning it up I found a seed that looked nice. Really excited about trying my hand at some of these seeds once everything is dry.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Love the silver/grey look at the tips of those buds. Thanks again man for running my gear. You do a great job.

GastroGrower

Installed a riser I built under Tent #3 today so I can fit the reservoir under it. Now I can get my Veg tent moved into this area so they'll all be in the same place, plus the plants are higher up and much easier to work with. Took the chance to trim up the bottoms of these plants while I had them out. Really interesting comparison of how these strains grow compared to when I had them in a scrog. the Pink Breath is really lanky when it's packed tight in the tent.

Smells are really starting to develop. Purp is filling in nicely and its signature smell is kicking in.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

GastroGrower

SSSDH is starting to add a little weight on some of its buds.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Just threw these Confusion Breath plants into flower yesterday or the day before. Not showing sex yet but fingers crossed at least one comes out a lady. I've got two others still in veg so I can toss em in pretty quick. If they're all guys I'm not sure if I'll keep them as I've already got a lot of plants floating around my veg tent.
picture.php

GastroGrower

HashBar OG

HashBar OG

Started 4 regular HashBar OG seeds tonight from Archive Seeds. Really excited to see what comes from them. I've got 12 total in this pack so I'll probably do two or three smaller pheno runs to see if I can find anything I want to hold onto.

picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I give ya rep for the first post and I reached my limit for today,lol. Man them Confusion Breath plants have some cookie petiole's on em' big time. Nice pick with the Hashbar OG , that's one of his varieties I eye all the time on seed buying sites. Excited for ya man, and excited to see what you find. I know you'll do them justice big time.

GastroGrower

SSSDH calyxes are finally swelling, though still really slowly. Looks like this girl is going to go 85 - 90 days to really finish out. I'm pretty sure the plants I'm flowering in Tent #3 started after this one so it's kind of crazy it's getting lapped!
picture.php

Everyone else in Tent #2 is looking good though. Both of the Confusion Breaths are looking to be boys so I'll give em a few more days to confirm before pulling them and the clones. Here is a Skunk plant that's doing quite well despite it's small container.
picture.php

bajcus2

Installed a riser I built under Tent #3 today so I can fit the reservoir under it. Now I can get my Veg tent moved into this area so they'll all be in the same place, plus the plants are higher up and much easier to work with. Took the chance to trim up the bottoms of these plants while I had them out. Really interesting comparison of how these strains grow compared to when I had them in a scrog. the Pink Breath is really lanky when it's packed tight in the tent.

Smells are really starting to develop. Purp is filling in nicely and its signature smell is kicking in.

View Image View Image
View Image

buetufill picks. Greating from Poland

GastroGrower

Spent the past two days at my parent's place doing the mother's day thing. Came back to some good finds.

The clone I took from the Pink Karmdown plant I had flowered is showing some nice healthy roots. Excited to run this plant again. Also, both of the HashBar OG seeds I moved to coco are up and looking healthy. One never germinated and I've got a third that needs to be planted.

I'm glad I decided to let those confusion breath plants going because they both finally started to show pistils! Looks like they are indeed ladies. I had trouble getting a good picture but here is #1 and #2:
picture.php
picture.php

The SSSDH is starting to pack on weight. The lower branch fell over and the only thing keeping it off the ground was the tent wall, haha.
picture.php
picture.php